09/Feb r8 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Advent Vega with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Nemes1s
Morning all! :-)

Bought a Vega last night (which in it's default state is singularly unimpressive - for people that areunable or unwilling to flash this baby, the return rate must be huge!).

I've downloaded the r8 MCR and I'm ready to apply the MCR but I notice that my kernal version is 1.09. Will the r8 MCR work with 1.09?

Yep, works fine. That's just what I have. :(

Thanks from me too Paul, Vega goes from awful tablet to fantastic tablet in 1 easy rom.....:( p.s. forgive me if this is a stupid question but does the Mocado ad-free give access to online kitchen for Vega only or all droid devices....thanks again to all those who made this rom.

Edited by ukmw

Guest Peter1977

HI,

new user here i am using windows 7 but dont seem to be able to install your update? the official advent vega relase has gone on fine but im getting an error 10 code on the android debug bridge inteface?

can you help as market place is so badly needed on this machine.

cheers

Guest jastonas

I just did the calibrate screen thing... lets see if th random double clicks go away...

Aanother problem i haave (there goes the double clik aa :( ) is massive battery drain when in standby. What should i do? I have pauls latest rom...

Guest simonta
HI,

new user here i am using windows 7 but dont seem to be able to install your update? the official advent vega relase has gone on fine but im getting an error 10 code on the android debug bridge inteface?

can you help as market place is so badly needed on this machine.

cheers

Uninstall the drivers and also select delete. Reinstall them manually, without rebooting or scanning for new hardware, by right clicking My Computer in device manager and selecting Add Legacy Hardware.

Guest simonta
Can anyone help? Followed instructions but wheeln the cmd prompt says the deevice is restarting, nothing happens?

Nothing happens? The cmd prompt stays open?

Guest simonta
how can I transfer files from my flash USB to my Advent vega? can I use USB Mode Switcher instead of connecting to my PC?

You can use your Vega in USB host mode but please, check the existing threads first. Lots of information on doing this and also many other ways of transferring files. In particular, you need to know the difference between FAT, NTFS and ext.

Guest jaw90
Nothing happens? The cmd prompt stays open?

Yep, just that.. cmd stays open, device does nothing even though the last entry says "done, restarting". I notice that it does tfhe same if i dont connect the tablet, so perhaps a driver problem? I instlled by device manjager on win xp.. usb memory works fine etc.

Ta

Guest jaw90
Yep, just that.. cmd stays open, device does nothing even though the last entry says "done, restarting". I notice that it does tfhe same if i dont connect the tablet, so perhaps a driver problem? I instlled by device manjager on win xp.. usb memory works fine etc.

Ta

Sorry, a bit of a noob to android! Am i supposed to be able to open the adc exe? It doesn't open if so!

Jusrlt noticed that the ckd script runs the same even if i dont connect the vega and completes as normal.. Thanks

Edited by jaw90

Guest simonta
Sorry, a bit of a noob to android! Am i supposed to be able to open the adc exe? It doesn't open if so! Thanks

It's not an Android problem. You a bit of a noob to Windows as well? :(

You do not have the ADB device USB drivers installed.

Please uninstall the existing drivers and delete them. Then reinstall them manually by right clicking My Computer in device manager. Do not let Windows search for drivers, browse to them.

Cheers

Edited by simonta

Guest jaw90
It's not an Android problem. You a bit of a noob to Windows as well? :(

You do not have the ADB device USB drivers installed.

Please uninstall the existing drivers and delete them. Then reinstall them manually by right clicking My Computer in device manager. Do not let Windows search for drivers, browse to them.

Cheers

Lol, not far off! :(

Sorry to souund dense, not sure where i'm going wrong, i'm going to the device manager, update driver then 'install from specfic location'. Don't search, choose location. Etc, then navigating to the inf file, then it does what it does.. Have i missed something silly?

Ta

Edited by jaw90

Guest simonta
Lol, not far off! :(

Sorry to souund dense, not sure where i'm going wrong, i'm going to the device manager, update driver then 'install from specfic location'. Don't search, choose location. Etc, then navigating to the inf file, then it does what it does.. Have i missed something silly?

Ta

No no no no no. Everyone is obsessed with updating drivers and not reading instructions. With the greatest respect (and Herculean patience), what did I say in my previous post? I'll give you a clue by repeating it here :(

Guest jaw90
No no no no no. Everyone is obsessed with updating drivers and not reading instructions. With the greatest respect (and Herculean patience), what did I say in my previous post? I'll give you a clue by repeating it here :(

Sorry bit confused still..! I uninstalled first before doing the above, right clicked to get thedevice manager open and then installed manually by opening up the NVIDA harmony.. then doing the above..?

Guest simonta
Sorry bit confused still..! I uninstalled first before doing the above, right clicked to get thedevice manager open and then installed manually by opening up the NVIDA harmony.. then doing the above..?

You've got me confused too. How did you uninstall before opening device manager?

But am I determined to crack this :( And please stop inventing steps - at which point did I say to open "the NVidia Harmony"?

Follow these steps, exactly.

• Your Vega should be booted normally
  • Make sure that USB Debugging is turned on in Settings->Applications->Development
  • Open device manager
  • Unplug your Vega from the PC then plug it back in
  • Note which device appears (probably USB Mass Storage)
  • Right click that device and uninstall and delete drivers
  • Right click your PC in device manager - the top of the tree
  • If you're on Windows 7, select Add Legacy Hardware. If you're on XP, I think it says (from memory) Add new hardware.
  • Manually add the drivers included with the mcr pack.

Guest jaw90
You've got me confused too. How did you uninstall before opening device manager?

But am I determined to crack this :( And please stop inventing steps - at which point did I say to open "the NVidia Harmony"?

• Make sure that USB Debugging is turned on in Settings->Applications->Development
  • Open device manager
  • If you're on Windows 7, select Add Legacy Hardware. If you're on XP, I think it says (from memory) Add new hardware.

Sorry, not explaining myself too well..I uninstalled via device mgr, nvida harmony is the device my vega appears as when I plug in (now shown as a question mark with a yellow ! Now the drivers have gone, however when i right click the computer in device manager the only option is to scan for charges? So the onlaylly way i've beeen able to get thhe drivers on is by right clicking andd going to 'update driver'..? Cheers

Guest simonta
Sorry, not explaining myself too well..I uninstalled via device mgr, nvida harmony is the device my vega appears as when I plug in (now shown as a question mark with a yellow ! Now the drivers have gone, however when i right click the computer in device manager the only option is to scan for charges? So the onlaylly way i've beeen able to get thhe drivers on is by right clicking andd going to 'update driver'..? Cheers

OK, then I'm sorry too, it's my memory failing :(

I guess you're on XP then, which I don't have access to. You should be able to get to Add New Hardware in Control Panel. Use that for the manual driver install.

Guest jaw90
OK, then I'm sorry too, it's my memory failing :(

I guess you're on XP then, which I don't have access to. You should be able to get to Add New Hardware in Control Panel. Use that for the manual driver install.

Ah good, im not going totally mad :(

Back to square one though, cmd open, bat run and nothing happens! All installed via add new hardware and manually locating the driver inf file, vega is correctly showing as android ADB interface etc etc

Edited by jaw90

Guest simonta
Ah good, im not going totally mad :(

Back to square one though, cmd open, bat run and nothing happens! All installed via add new hardware and manually locating the driver inf file, vega is correctly showing as android ADB interface etc etc

Please open a command prompt in the directory where you have the installation files and run this command:

adb devices

What do you see?

Guest jaw90
Please open a command prompt in the directory where you have the installation files and run this command:

adb devices

What do you see?

'Adb' is not recognized as an internal or external commannd? Ta

Edited by jaw90

Guest simonta
'Adb' is not recognized as an internal or external commannd? Ta

It's getting late, perhaps we should pick it up tomorrow?

Do you see adb-windows.exe? If so, run:

adb-windows devices

Guest jaw90
It's getting late, perhaps we should pick it up tomorrow?

Do you see adb-windows.exe? If so, run:

adb-windows devices

No problem, appreciate the effort v much :(

There is an adb windows exe.. trying that or the abovve just makes it think for a bit and go back to the flashing prompt. Cheers

Guest Peter1977

• Open device manager

Guys this worked first time but im missing flash????????