09/Feb r8 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Advent Vega with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest zedmeister

Hi Paul, sorry for the noob question but what advantages are there over the stock 1.08 that came with my Vega? I have installed Flash and maps and other apps for the various apks floating around. Is your ROM faster? Thanks!

Hi Paul, sorry for the noob question but what advantages are there over the stock 1.08 that came with my Vega? I have installed Flash and maps and other apps for the various apks floating around. Is your ROM faster? Thanks!

Different kernel and updated graphics drivers, amongst other things.

adam.

Guest wimsloboy

Hi Folks

Quick question for dunce here I have only done up to R3 at the moment and had used the prebake want now to download R7 using the kitchen... don't have clockwork recovery installed therefore do i need a signed zip file when updating through the command line as I did with R3? sorry if I am a bit dense. Also does this mean I do not have to install 1.08 first can I go straight ahead with the R7 install. have original 1.04. thanks for your patience ;)

Guest English Haze

This ROM has transformed this device immeasurably! Thank you!

I can't believe anyone would bitch and moan about not getting "future updates" when you do so much for free, gratis, and for no personal benefit in the first place! If you can't afford the full cost of the Ad-free membership or you don't think it's worthwhile (how could you think that!) at least please consider donating to Paul's Leukaemia Research charity project. Even if it's just £1. With the number of visitors this site attracts that £10k target should have already been met.

http://myprojects.cancerresearchuk.org/fun...ng-pages/modaco

Hi Folks

Quick question for dunce here I have only done up to R3 at the moment and had used the prebake want now to download R7 using the kitchen... don't have clockwork recovery installed therefore do i need a signed zip file when updating through the command line as I did with R3? sorry if I am a bit dense. Also does this mean I do not have to install 1.08 first can I go straight ahead with the R7 install. have original 1.04. thanks for your patience ;)

Signing is not required for either really! ;)

P

Guest zedmeister
I got a quadrant score of 2085 with this latest rom. First impressions are good so far. Nice one Paul.

I get a Quadrant of 2272 on the stock 1.08

Guest wimsloboy
Signing is not required for either really! ;)

P

thanks Paul so to answer the 2nd part do i need to install 1.08 first or can I go straight to the R7 install. thanks again ;)

Anyone who's used the original performance pack will tell you there's more to it than Quadrant scores! ;)

I got 2500 on Quadrant, so it seems somewhat variable.

P

Guest rferrett

You know what would have been cool? A custom MCR bootscreen instead of the stock advent one. ;) other than that tip top.. runs quick, no graphical glitches, transformed the machine. Muchos gracias!

Guest unclebob31

Thanks for your hard work Paul and those guys that helped test the install.

Went flawlessly for me.

XP windows install.

It does seem a little perkier as well.

The best UB31

Paul, many thanks for your efforts with this.

I have learned so much from this forum, last week I didn't even know what CWM was and now I have used it to install this ROM.

Only getting 2157 on Quadrant so I may revert to a clean install to see if it improves it, as I installed over the top of 1.6.05

Really enjoying my Vega now so thanks to all the other people who have written instructions on here to help me learn how to do things.

Quck noob question only got my vega earlier this week

I only installed the 1.06 and R6 pack yesterday, doh!

I presume I can install over the top of this using same method as before, no need to put on 1.08 firmware?

Edit: Sorry meant to say thanks for the effort involved it transforms the device!

Edited by Dav0

No? It doesn't... that was in response to ravemaster8210 asking me how to do a 'clean install'!

P

Legend - Thanks. This will be going straight on my Vega when i get home tonight....

Downloading now (I knew it was a good idea to "work" from home today!)

Quick question: I'm running the latest MCR r11 on my SanFran and I love the Gingerbread themed notification bar - any chance of getting it on the Vega? I've never been a fan of the default advent icons in the Vega's standard (or small) notification bar. I guess it would need someone to create home, menu and back icons as they're unique to the Vega?

Guest swarrans

I've lost my Beetle!

When I tick the USB debugging box in Applications I am not getting the beetle showing and hence I haven't attempted this upgrade yet.

I'm currently on 1.06 and R6

Any ideas?

Simon

Downloading now (I knew it was a good idea to "work" from home today!)

Quick question: I'm running the latest MCR r11 on my SanFran and I love the Gingerbread themed notification bar - any chance of getting it on the Vega? I've never been a fan of the default advent icons in the Vega's standard (or small) notification bar. I guess it would need someone to create home, menu and back icons as they're unique to the Vega?

Yeah. i'm pondering this as an option.

I actually think 'button savior' works better than the buttons up there anyway... but creating the images in a GB style would be easy enough.

Surprised there's no enterprising themers supporting the Vega!

P

I've lost my Beetle!

When I tick the USB debugging box in Applications I am not getting the beetle showing and hence I haven't attempted this upgrade yet.

I'm currently on 1.06 and R6

Any ideas?

Simon

Are you in 'USB host' mode?

P