09/Feb r8 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Advent Vega with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Nemes1s
The Rom updates and all the work put in by the chefs is not a right it is to help benefit the community as a whole with there skills and imagination, as Paul states very clearly on his rom post, dont pay expecting to get any updates as he may be too busy in the future.

as you can see from all the other posts every body would like everything but patience is a virtue just be grateful for what you get when you get it :D

Hear, hear. Pauls work has turned an otherwise piece of junk into a very usable device. I for one am very happy. If Paul finds the time to do more that's great. If not, stll got a superb bit of kit. :D

Guest shirecom

I have tried to install usb drivers supplied with custom rom, but the system rejects the. I am running 64 bit windows 7.

Before trying the custom rom I had reflashed with 1.09 from myadventvega.com and used the driver they supplied. Now whenever I plug my vega in it automatically loads those drivers. If I try to change them to the one supplied , it tells me the best driver is already installed.

If I run the windows-install.bat file, it gets as far starting the daemon then sits there doing nothing else.

Anyone have any ideas pleas.

Thanks

Guest premieral
I have tried to install usb drivers supplied with custom rom, but the system rejects the. I am running 64 bit windows 7.

Before trying the custom rom I had reflashed with 1.09 from myadventvega.com and used the driver they supplied. Now whenever I plug my vega in it automatically loads those drivers. If I try to change them to the one supplied , it tells me the best driver is already installed.

If I run the windows-install.bat file, it gets as far starting the daemon then sits there doing nothing else.

Anyone have any ideas pleas.

Thanks

delete the drivers already loaded

Guest Ravide
delete the drivers already loaded

Ditto. I installed mine on a 64bit Win 7 machine it went without any hitch. In fact i had problem trying to install on a 32bit XP m/c.

This is the first time i have ever flashed a ROM and this clip i found on youtube helped a lot (a picture paints a thousand words they say....and this is a video clip :D )

Good luck and Let me know how it goes

Guest sknne
The Rom updates and all the work put in by the chefs is not a right it is to help benefit the community as a whole with there skills and imagination, as Paul states very clearly on his rom post, dont pay expecting to get any updates as he may be too busy in the future.

as you can see from all the other posts every body would like everything but patience is a virtue just be grateful for what you get when you get it :D

I appreciate what your saying, and I appreciate the work that's been done, and I will be gratefull when I get whatever update comes along, regardless, I still paid for it therefore I'm entitled to ask about future updates without being outed as if I'm not respecting what Paul and the others have done cost I ain't, an update every now and then wouldn't hurt.

Guest mad.dog
I appreciate what your saying, and I appreciate the work that's been done, and I will be gratefull when I get whatever update comes along, regardless, I still paid for it therefore I'm entitled to ask about future updates without being outed as if I'm not respecting what Paul and the others have done cost I ain't, an update every now and then wouldn't hurt.

You've not paid for the rom, you've donated to go ad-free in support of Paul's work

Guest bazanime
I tried that they just re installed, must be stored somewhere I haven't found yet

Just find the driver in Device Manager (in Control Panel), then right click on it and Uninstall it. Reboot the computer and them follow the steps Paul and others gave to install the correct driver.

Guest k22fitness

Ok this is bugging me now... followed it step by step on 2 different computers and still nothing. Both come up with a little exclimation mark on the adb and both fail to then download the software. Help pleeeeeeeease

just a big shout to Paul and others for helping make the Vega a great piece of kit with the mods

the more I use it the the more I realise the potential the device has

just updated from r7 (1.06.5) to r8, straight install over and no issues, seems another improvement, faster, smother and more stable

keep up the good work!

Guest simonta
yeah I tried that followed it step by step and still nothing!

Please provide more detail.

Which OS?

Which step failed?

What result do you get?

Guest dapriuk

Just downloaded r8 and although I had some slight problems getting the instal to work (Vista) this was soon cleared up with the excellent guidance on your forum. Many thanks for your hard work.

Hi guys, Just bought an advent vega but branded a viewsonic viewpad 10s... Just spent two days trying to get a male to male usb cable (GRRRR) only to find that my laptop recognises nothing at all... Its in debug mode.

There is nothing under USB devices, nothing under Other Devices, nothing under connected hardware... nothing!! Ive downloaded USBdeview and that doesnt even show it!

Any ideas??

Guest Nemes1s
Hi guys, Just bought an advent vega but branded a viewsonic viewpad 10s... Just spent two days trying to get a male to male usb cable (GRRRR) only to find that my laptop recognises nothing at all... Its in debug mode.

There is nothing under USB devices, nothing under Other Devices, nothing under connected hardware... nothing!! Ive downloaded USBdeview and that doesnt even show it!

Any ideas??

dumb question I know, but have you plugged in another USB device in to your PC to confirm the PC USB ports are working correctly and have you plugged say a memory stick in to the Vega (not in debug mode) to confirm the Vega USB ports are operational?

Guest Jisonga

Could be that the viewsonic is just like the pov in that as default the usb is in host not slave mode as is the case with the vega and thats why its not being seen by your pc.

But can,t offer any help as to how to get round this though sorry.

Jason.

Guest phatdillinjaz

Hi probably ganna get shot down for this noob question but hey here goes,,just bought a vega and need to get marketplace etc but want to know where to download the modaco custom rom but do i have to be a paid up premium member now to get it, if not please point me in correct direction as i have headache trying to install other roms that dont have correct adb drivers......also on my vista machine(i know vista)my vega doesnt show up the adb just as drive g in device manager is this normal and what device would i update the adb drivers on......help me please. :D

Having problems here.

Says Android ADB interface

This device cannot start (code10)

plus i cant get the vega into debugging mode. I tried to update the driver from the kitchen but now my head hurts. Must add that i went to software tool on device and erased all settings, so basically back to stock again.

Might have some beers now and get back to it tomorrow :D :D

Edit: When i try to update the driver says 'make sure it is designed to work with windows 32-bit system. If that helps

Hi how did you get on with this problem? I have the same problem, followed all instructions as per the "How to Install USB Drivers for the Advent Vega on Windows Vista/7 (32 bit)" http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=70877 but when I get to installing the ADB drivers, I get the same error message. When execute the bat file, it says "Waiting for device... ensure 'USB Debugging' is enabled in settings-Applications-Development and connect to PC... *daemon not running. Starting it now on port 5037* *daemon started succesfully* Then it just "haqngs" for want of a better expresion, its just been sitting there for several minutes.

I did notice that you have your devices listed as Vega & Desire, which by coincidence is the same devices I have, could it be the HTC stuff that got included when I installed HTC sync for my Desire thats complicationg matters re the device drivers?

Ok so i reflashed my viewpad with the advent vega firmware as opposed to the current viewsonic alternative it came with. now, the little bug thing comes up and my computer recognises the device. Still have the adb error code 10 though. and whenever i execute the adb.exe or install.bat i get nothing. the cmd window pops up for a split second then disappears...

I cant believe i havent suceeded with this yet lol

Jay

EDIT: I also cannot see the Nvidia harmomy thing that requires driver updateing lol grrr

Edited by J Mo

Guest simonta
Ok so i reflashed my viewpad with the advent vega firmware as opposed to the current viewsonic alternative it came with. now, the little bug thing comes up and my computer recognises the device. Still have the adb error code 10 though. and whenever i execute the adb.exe or install.bat i get nothing. the cmd window pops up for a split second then disappears...

Jay

EDIT: I also cannot see the Nvidia harmomy thing that requires driver updateing lol grrr

Did you use the guide I posted? Forget about updating drivers, it often fails.

Guest simonta

Jay

Guest simonta

Jay