09/Feb r8 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Advent Vega with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Yeah. i'm pondering this as an option.

I actually think 'button savior' works better than the buttons up there anyway... but creating the images in a GB style would be easy enough.

Surprised there's no enterprising themers supporting the Vega!

P

I agree about ButtonSaviour - especially with the version that allows you to choose which buttons to show (can't remember whether that's the paid version or just the latest free version).

Right, my ROM has downloaded... now if only I could remember where I'd put that stupid non-standard USB cable that the Vega needs...

Brilliant, just got this on to my Vega and played for 5 mins - you really can tell the difference over r6 + PP on 1.06

One question though, and I haven't had long to mess around as I'm working, but if I go into settings>Accounts&Sync I don't seem to be able to add an exchange account. There used to be a corporate option, now it's just twitter and gmail.

Might well be just me missing something really obvious...

Brilliant, just got this on to my Vega and played for 5 mins - you really can tell the difference over r6 + PP on 1.06

One question though, and I haven't had long to mess around as I'm working, but if I go into settings>Accounts&Sync I don't seem to be able to add an exchange account. There used to be a corporate option, now it's just twitter and gmail.

Might well be just me missing something really obvious...

This might be the email (rather than Gmail) option in the build ? Don't know as I only need Gmail

Applied this from windows xp,

powered off and rebooted,

applied clockwork mod 2.5.1.8 using instructions in this thread.

powered off and rebooted,

went to recovery mode,

created a backup,

rebooted back to normal all ok

many thanks again

I see the Corporate option, did you bake in 'Email' in the kitchen?

P

Erm... think so? ;)

Will try again later to be on the safe side and let you know if I'm still having problems.

On another note, I'll tell you what.. it's rapid.

Guest rferrett

Paul did you say something on the beta thread about apps2sd. Now my Vega is going great guns with this excellent rom I am sure space is going to be an issue in the not too distant future!

Paul did you say something on the beta thread about apps2sd. Now my Vega is going great guns with this excellent rom I am sure space is going to be an issue in the not too distant future!

Yeah, A2SD is coming, I need to make a couple of boot image changes first.

P

non-standard??? its just full sized usb instead of micro or mini

Yes, but what I meant is that it's not the industry standard used by every other device. I have approximately 1 million* cables that are standard full sized USB on one end, and either micro or mini on the other, that I've collected over the years with various devices, but I don't have a single other device that uses full sized USB on both ends. :-) In fact I think (but wouldn't swear to it), that the USB spec suggests that if you want full size usb on both ends, it should be USB-A on one end and USB-B on the other.

* give or take 5%.

Guest crockwit

I have just installed r7. When i remove a usb stick (when in host mode) the Vega switches itself off. Tried a couple of different usb sticks get the same result. Anyone else experiencing this ?

Edit It appears the problem was caused by having the ES file explorer app installed on on the SD card.

Edited by crockwit

Hi.

Got a bit of an issue with the new update. I have applied the 1.08 update from the advent vega site for a clean install ready for r7. 1.08 worked has expected and everything seems to be ok with the install of r7. However after the r7 install and the vega reboots it goes through the usualy boot cycle and shows the Advent logo at this point the screen appears to go off and the Advent logo appears very dim flashs then goes.

The vega will not then turn on, this has now happened twice has I have applied 1.08 twice and each time after the r7 install the issue appears.

Below is the output from running r7 on my Win7 64Bit machine

Waiting for device... ensure 'USB Debugging' is enabled in Settings-Applications-Development and connect to PC...

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

Mounting and emptying system partition...

remount succeeded

Waiting for device...

rm: can't remove '/system/lost+found': Directory not empty

Windows flashing fix phase 1...

1 file(s) moved.

Copying new files...

Creating Symlinks...

Setting permissions...

Windows flashing fix phase 2...

1 file(s) moved.

Flashing boot image...

flashing boot from /data/mcr/boot.img

Done, rebooting...

Cheers

kelv

Yes, but what I meant is that it's not the industry standard used by every other device. I have approximately 1 million* cables that are standard full sized USB on one end, and either micro or mini on the other, that I've collected over the years with various devices, but I don't have a single other device that uses full sized USB on both ends. :-) In fact I think (but wouldn't swear to it), that the USB spec suggests that if you want full size usb on both ends, it should be USB-A on one end and USB-B on the other.

* give or take 5%.

hmm I see your point now. good thing is that we can (now) use usb sticks and HD all with one port.

Guest removed-14
hmm I see your point now. good thing is that we can (now) use usb sticks and HD all with one port.

Exactly, I think there would be more complaints that you couldn't use it with USB devices if it had a mini USB rather than the USB A connector.

Guest Jon Green

Paul - very many thanks for this! A tenner coming your way for your diligent hard work!

I can now switch to USB Host Mode without needing to install a third-party rooter. However - I'm seeing the same problem some others have reported (but which I've not seen a solution suggested for): using a USB keyboard, one key ('w' in my case) goes onto endless auto-repeat. I've tested the keyboard against a PC, and it behaves itself.

Do you have any ideas what might be behind this, and what might fix it?

Thanks,

Jon

Edited by Jon Green

Paul - very many thanks for this! A tenner coming your way for your diligent hard work!

I can now switch to USB Host Mode without needing to install a third-party rooter. However - I'm seeing the same problem some others have reported (but which I've not seen a solution suggested for): using a USB keyboard, one key ('w' in my case) goes onto endless auto-repeat. I've tested the keyboard against a PC, and it behaves itself.

Do you have any ideas what might be behind this, and what might fix it?

Thanks,

Jon

Hmmm, no, no idea! ;)

P

Thanks Paul and everyone involved in creating this new update...works a treat...nice and speedy.

did notice that your E.C. Version was 1.7.2 ........mine is 0.0.0 is this important?

Thanks for the update Paul, appreciate all the work you've put in. Applied r7 using clockworkmod sucessfully.

Have to say though I'm having awful problems with screen sensitivity now. It's just taken me about 10 attemps to get the screen to unlock. I ran the screen calibration app too and thats made absolutely no difference.

I'm having problems whereby pressing on one app in the app drawer, opens a completely different one. Keyboard staying stuck open whilst in browser, unable to type or delete characters. Back button unresponsive.

The only button that seems responsive is 'home'.

I notice in your instructions you state 'if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.' - now where would I do this wipe?

Cheers

Edited by castab