09/Feb r8 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Advent Vega with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ljb12

Hi

I have followed the instructions but can't seem to get this working. The first time I connected my device it said "Daemon started successfully" but did nothing else, and I unplugged it. Now it just keeps saying "connect your device" even though it is already connected.

Please help, really want this to work!

Thanks!

LJB12

Guest beegee1962
Hi

I have followed the instructions but can't seem to get this working. The first time I connected my device it said "Daemon started successfully" but did nothing else, and I unplugged it. Now it just keeps saying "connect your device" even though it is already connected.

Please help, really want this to work!

Thanks!

LJB12

Search for AUDI and YAUDI here in the forum. You have a USB driver problem and these threads will help you.

Guest immoralroses

Hey Everyone

I've got Advent Vega for some time now. I just checked on the myadventvega website that there's new rom released from them. Is there gonna be the new MCR soon? If so, when its gonna happen? Whats gonna be new in it?

Guest beegee1962
Hey Everyone

I've got Advent Vega for some time now. I just checked on the myadventvega website that there's new rom released from them. Is there gonna be the new MCR soon? If so, when its gonna happen? Whats gonna be new in it?

No, not likely, as Paul has lost interest in the Advent Vega and nobody else can update the kitchen.

But there are a lot of good ROMs around now (list might not be complete, but that are the once coming into my mind):

VegaComb - beta version of Honeycomb

CyanogenMod 7 - Android 2.3.4 ROM

Corvus5 - AOSP ROM with all you need

FujiVega - based on Corvus, but different design

Ganbarou ROM - based on stock V1.10, but with working market, Google Apps and some tweaks.

And there is the [Rom Add-On] Clean & Stable Add-On For All Stock Firmware V3[24/03/11][Full Market] which works with the V1.10 ROMs as well. It is not a ROM, just gives stock ROMs the market, Google apps and some tweaks.

Edited by beegee1962

Guest lifelines
And there is the [Rom Add-On] Clean & Stable Add-On For All Stock Firmware V3[24/03/11][Full Market] which works with the V1.10 ROMs as well. It is not a ROM, just gives stock ROMs the market, Google apps and some tweaks.

This is what I ended up using...I was having so many problems with adding the custom rom & even updating the firmware which I did manage but for some reason could no longer connect to my wireless router so ended up putting it back to the original....I just wanted the market really so in the end downloaded one of those add-ons and am now much happer with my advent Vega :P

Guest MindsEye

Hello, I am a new guy to the site and to tablets in general, but an old guy in terms of computer modding and console hacking, my question is relativly straightforward:

I have a POV Mobii 10.1 which is (apparently) the same as the Advent Vega, will this work on the POV?

Dont want to start fiddling about before I am sure of compatibility.

Thanks for any help with this info!

///MindsEye

[RBS] Rebels - We make all days Party Days!

[EDIT: Further investigation has revealed that the 2 units are hardware identical, so thats my question answered.]

Edited by MindsEye

Guest npuk
No, not likely, as Paul has lost interest in the Advent Vega and nobody else can update the kitchen.

But there are a lot of good ROMs around now (list might not be complete, but that are the once coming into my mind):

VegaComb - beta version of Honeycomb

CyanogenMod 7 - Android 2.3.4 ROM

Corvus5 - AOSP ROM with all you need

FujiVega - based on Corvus, but different design

Ganbarou ROM - based on stock V1.10, but with working market, Google Apps and some tweaks.

If using R8 and you have gone to settings > software tool > application backup and backed up your settings and applications to SD card would you be able to use the application restore setting to restore this backup on one of the other roms above?

Edited by npuk

Guest beegee1962

I never used "settings > software tool > application backup", as you have to do it for every single application. Instead I use Titanium Backup which creates backups of all apps and settings.

And this is working 90%. System settings might cause problems when you restore them to another ROM, but applications (+data +settings) works fine for me with TB.

Should be the same with the "settings > software tool > application backup", just not that comfortable.

[EDIT]

I forgot, "settings > software tool > application backup" might not be available on other ROMs.

[/EDIT]

If using R8 and you have gone to settings > software tool > application backup and backed up your settings and applications to SD card would you be able to use the application restore setting to restore this backup on one of the other roms above?
Edited by beegee1962

Guest npuk

Okay thanks.

"settings > software tool > application backup does backup everything inc data and settings in one go, you dont have to do it for each application.

Edited by npuk

Guest poppsie

hi new to this site...have recently paid to be a member...tried downloading your just bake it for the advent Vega...followed all the on screen instructions and nothing,nothing is working no changes to my advent cant open dll files...really hacked off...i am running windows 7 if that's the problem.

Guest simonta
hi new to this site...have recently paid to be a member...tried downloading your just bake it for the advent Vega...followed all the on screen instructions and nothing,nothing is working no changes to my advent cant open dll files...really hacked off...i am running windows 7 if that's the problem.

What happened, exactly, when you ran the installation batch file?

Have you also read the various guides on here? Try starting here:

http

://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...ling-vegacomb/

BTW, you might want to jump straight to the Corvus5 ROM from newbe5 and Corvus. It's an excellent ROM, fast, stable, feature packed.

Edited by simonta

Guest simonta
Could you walk me through how to do this. I've tried but it didn't work.

Many thanks

Forgive me, but these posts are so annoying. What you've just said is equivalent to "I got into my car this morning and it didn't work. Please help me".

What didn't work? Applying the fix? The accelerometer after you applied the fix? Your Vega? Give us a clue!

Guest lifelines

Finally! Got the custom rom r8 installed. So much better now. A BIG THANK YOU for everyone involved in creating this. :D

Guest RogueStuart
Forgive me, but these posts are so annoying. What you've just said is equivalent to "I got into my car this morning and it didn't work. Please help me".

What didn't work? Applying the fix? The accelerometer after you applied the fix? Your Vega? Give us a clue!

I need to know how to apply the accelerometer fix through cwm. I'm running r8.

Thanks

Guest RogueStuart
Have you installed CWM?

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...asy-install-v2/

Copy the update to your SD Card. In CWM (from memory) select Install ZIP from SD Card->Select ZIP then browse to the ZIP.

Thanks for the help.

Turns out I had to flash CWM to an older version.

Got it all sorted and the accelerometer is working great.

Cheers.

:P okguys got a little prob ,, new boy in yown ,, clear erase and add free member downloaded mcr running on windows connected in recovery with debug on and power cable in, correct driver installed from d/l start exe , finds device and it says deamon started successfully, then nothing else.. for any time there on after.. ? any ideas, or have i missed a simple must do prior to update,.... ;)

Guest simonta
:P okguys got a little prob ,, new boy in yown ,, clear erase and add free member downloaded mcr running on windows connected in recovery with debug on and power cable in, correct driver installed from d/l start exe , finds device and it says deamon started successfully, then nothing else.. for any time there on after.. ? any ideas, or have i missed a simple must do prior to update,.... ;)

One of us is confused :D

Are you trying to install mcr with the Vega in recovery? If so, wrong approach. You install mcr using ADB which means your Vega is booted normally with USB Debugging turned on (Settings->Applications->Development).

Guest NatalieMc

Hi all, having a bit of a panic here. I installed the rom fine on my sons vega a month ago, now my mam got one, so I tried it on hers. I installed the driver..eventually, took a few tries for device manager to recognise it, but it did...then installed the rom...black screen whirred away with all the lines of text..vega goes black and the little robot comes up...and thats it, it keeps doing that over and over. It goes black for a second then I get the robot, but it wont boot up at all. Ive tried turning it off but it just does the same thing when I turn it on. On device manager its flashing on and off, as if its there and then vanishing. Please tell me I havent broken her new tablet ;) plus Im really not very technical at all :P

Any help very much appreciated

Guest adwb1949

Please can any one assist? I have down loaded the R& and have unzipped to my desktop I have enabled usb debugging and when I connect the usb cable the connection is made between my pc and the vega. however when i click on the install windows batch file and then the run command I get the the windows system 3 exe.command screen but it has the message waiting for device---ensure that usb debugging is enabled in settings --applications and connect cable.

I have done that as I said but the command screen just sits with the cursor flaskin and nothing statrs up.

Is there somthing I am missing out to do?

regards

Alistair

Just put my first vega custom rom on to sort out market isue and the result is FANTASTI'O . im an add free member and worth its smalll fee, my advice to others wanting the push into moded rom, DO IT !! dont wait for advent to bring up date out.. your missing out now... ;) ... A ++ guys.. top work...

Just put my first vega custom rom on to sort out market isue and the result is FANTASTI'O . im an add free member and worth its smalll fee, my advice to others wanting the push into moded rom, DO IT !! dont wait for advent to bring up date out.. your missing out now... ;) ... A ++ guys.. top work...

Guest simonta
Hi all, having a bit of a panic here. I installed the rom fine on my sons vega a month ago, now my mam got one, so I tried it on hers. I installed the driver..eventually, took a few tries for device manager to recognise it, but it did...then installed the rom...black screen whirred away with all the lines of text..vega goes black and the little robot comes up...and thats it, it keeps doing that over and over. It goes black for a second then I get the robot, but it wont boot up at all. Ive tried turning it off but it just does the same thing when I turn it on. On device manager its flashing on and off, as if its there and then vanishing. Please tell me I havent broken her new tablet ;) plus Im really not very technical at all :P

Any help very much appreciated

Hi Natalie

You haven't broken it, it's impossible to break a Vega with the software you'll find on here.

Occassionally, this happens. Nobody really knows why and there are various fixes but by far the easiest thing to do is to start again. As it's new, you've got nothing to lose - literally!

Go to myadventvega and download the latest update and the drivers for it. Follow the instructions on the same site to install the factory software. Let it install, reboot your Vega. Let is settle for a few minutes then reboot it again. Then reinstall this ROM, r8.

Come back again if you need more help.

Cheers