[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Guest Simon O
A big thanks to Flibblesan for allowing me to use his hosting. I don't know how much traffic my roms generate on his site, but it isn't costing me anything. If you want to donate a few dollars please send it to Flibblesan.

No problem. This is including my own roms and several files for the T-Mobile Pulse but for this period 8th January to 8th February I've used 560 GB of bandwidth ;)

Guest mobile579
Fixed. Thanks ;)

Whats wrong with my title? I thought it was fairly clear.

Yes egl is hardware accelerated graphics.

No framework changes needed (and changing the framework was never going to be the right way to fix things anyway, it was more about finding what it was doing). I don't really know where this lib came from. It was posted on irc as a fix for a roaming problem with Saunalahti.

I just think it is easy to distinguish between the subjects and makes it obvious when a new release is made. Note I have made up this title as an example it may be wrong.

[ROM] CyanogenMod CM6 (Froyo) & CM7 (Gingerbread) [OLED+TFT] [beta1 - 04 Feb 11]

Guest richardtkemp

Great work everyone involved, awesome news. I agree on title formatting, especially putting the date of the last update in the title, This makes it easy to see a new release without having to dig in to the thread.

Guest fonix232

WoW. Just WoW.

Tom, you did a great work on it! A very good one!

As for the camera, as I saw ZTE added some things to the Camera app too, it had some more classes than the usual AOSP camera apps. For GPS, proper config files and libraries needed (can't guess which is that). Oh, do not forget, CM7 isn't designed for MSM hardware, so you need to redirect camera calls to /dev/msm_camera/!

Please, take a look at r3pek's github, it has a proper working lights kernel (and also a kernel source tree) and it may even fix camera too.

Best would be to get the changes needed to the stock AOSP kernel (or Cyanogen's) and create patches from it, then we can compile CM7 kernel (with a lot more options enabled, and ofcourse, 2G VMSPLIT).

For sensors, you need the libs from /system/lib/hw (all *.msm7k.so libraries).

AFAIK EGL is disabled because the system can't find the proper mount of the hardware, you need to edit some s*** in it to redirect to proper /dev/ tree.

So, most problem is because of bad hardware config.

As for hosting, I can take it. I can grant you rights to a separate folder with a download UI, and an FTP account. Unlimited space and bandwidth, 99% uptime (they say it, the last one).

Guest Frankish
Dumb question... what does RIL mean?

I trhink it's Radio Interface Layer or something like that. It means calls/sms/data etc.

EDIT:

As much as i love Froyo and CM6 was awesome on Desire. Would it not make most sense to concentrate all your efforts on CM7 or AOSP Gingerbread? With working RIL i know the other fixes are just a matter of time. Try not to burn yourself out by taking on too much mate. Good luck to you.

Edited by Frankish

Guest fonix232
Maybe you can share the workload? Oner takes on AOSP the other CM? ;)

I think CM7 and CodeAurora Gingerbread would be the proper selection, the latter even has QSD/MSM support, just what we need ;)

Also, yea, please share the device tree!

Edited by fonix232

Guest Frankish
I think CM7 and CodeAurora Gingerbread would be the proper selection, the latter even has QSD/MSM support, just what we need ;)

Also, yea, please share the device tree!

Ok definitely that!

Guest SWOriginal

Well lets hope we get a stable gingerbread, Im glad rom development can increase again and not just mods of the same base rom all the time ;)

Good Work Tom!

Guest Frankish

One thing i have noticed.

CM6 beta 1.1, you must press power button for 2 seconds to turn on and off screen. Normally you can just tap this for on and off.

Guest droidvirgin

Great work tom, I have installed this onto my blade and would like to know how to install android market. Has anybody got the knowhow to tell me please.

Thanks.

Guest shadowninty
Great work tom, I have installed this onto my blade and would like to know how to install android market. Has anybody got the knowhow to tell me please.

Thanks.

flash the GApps.zip from Recovery

I've been trying out 6.1 and it seems rather smooth. The only bug I've noticed aside from what's been mentioned is the FM radio fc'ing.

Is FM Radio not working due to the old leaked kernel?

Also, I never suffered any personally but it'll be interesting to see whether anyone has the digitizer issue as well.

All in all, very good work and I'm going to give andorko's app a try to see if that one works instead of the CM one.

Thanks Tom, it will be great to see what develops because of your dedication to fixing the RIL and I look forward to future releases.

edit: Andorko's Radio fc's too

Edited by jt_mcg