[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Guest fox2000

Reverted back to stable Froyo ROM, with CM7 I had random freezes and annoying white screens upon app startup :|

gr8 ROM though, I plan to switch to CM when it'll be stable. good work to all devs!! :P

Guest IronDoc
I get it out of my headphones !

Damn, was hoping this would be fixed. What audio libs are you using?

What are the default libs supplied for that matter, CM source?

Damn, was hoping this would be fixed. What audio libs are you using?

What are the default libs supplied for that matter, CM source?

Using, the ones within CM7b2 from tom g :P

just tried flashing this rom using the new link above ive just updated to new clockwork and on reboot it wont pass the cyanogen sign its still trying the bar keeps moving and the guy keep skating along but i wont get passed ?any ideas suggestions please

I don't even get past the Android logo.

Guest whatcolour

Reckon Tom G will post an update very soon since the white screen problem might have been resolved. Did I see 08 Feb in the title?

Edited by whatcolour

I don't even get past the Android logo.

Ok, so I tried booting after flashing Gapps, before I'd booted for the first time. I reflashed CM7, and rebooted, and it's working. Just signing in with my Google account, and then will try installing Gapps.

Guest IronDoc

Anyone know a decent resource detailing what each lib does?

My only thought is than one of:

libaudioflinger.so

libaudiopolicy.so

is reponsible.

Edited by IronDoc

Ok, so I tried booting after flashing Gapps, before I'd booted for the first time. I reflashed CM7, and rebooted, and it's working. Just signing in with my Google account, and then will try installing Gapps.

First of all - thanks for the work Tom G! It was great to boot it up, and see Gingerbread. I think I'll wait a while though, until it's more responsive - happy to join the ranks of testers though :P.

Guest Simon O
Reckon Tom G will post an update very soon since the white screen problem might have been resolved. Did I see 08 Feb in the title?

Yep, the code was updated. Looks like Jacob has stopped his own work and working off Tom Gs github so development should be a bit quicker. It's always better to have several devs.

Guest punkmilitia
Thanks!

Just tried it now, It seems as the keyboard is still small.

I still see the white issue with the applications...I'm downloading all the google apps right now, let's see later how it works.

Pier

Oh, tried going into keyboard settings and changing keyboard yet? if it's not visible download one form the market and if that doesn't help and Tom doesn't fix this I''ll release a CM7R2.3 for it.

The white screen - beats me how to fix this so far, looking at it now..

Thanks all for the comments, it's nothing much really..

Guest Simon O
Oh, tried going into keyboard settings and changing keyboard yet? if it's not visible download one form the market and if that doesn't help and Tom doesn't fix this I''ll release a CM7R2.3 for it.

White screen has been fixed in the code. Tom hasn't built a new version yet.

smart keyboard pro allows you to change keyboard size !

Im real impressed by the dedication going into cm7,and especially tom G,at this rate we will have full working gingerbread on the blade in no time at all,just wish i was'nt such a noob so i could do my share of the work,but for now ill just do the testing and report issues i find.Anyway just wanted to show my appreciation to the whole blade crew for the hard work,respect to you all!

Guest fonix232

Looks like the white screen stuff is because the new rendering way of Gingerbread (using RGBX_8888 instead of RGB_565, the first one renders smoother transitions, less bars, but looks like it isn't supported) and also Tom added some updates for the libraries too (libmm-adspsvc.so).

Guest fonix232
After battery re-insert I get through the android logo, but cant get through cyanogen logo, keeps restarting.

Try what was written... From recovery (CWM) format system and data and boot, and only flash the package after that.

to fit 128 partition: delete CMWallpapers.apk and there is plenty of space for gapps afterwards

Took CMwallpapers and livewallpaper* out, that took system down to 108meg according to winzip. Didn't get the fc's but it didn't recognise my sim, possibly as it's pin protected?

anyway, back to JJ for now, a warning though the new clockwork doesn't work with rommmanager so when I thought I'd backed up my system from rom manager it hadn't actually done it, no backup to restore! luckily I'd used mybackup root to back most things up recently anyway

Guest whatcolour
Looks like the white screen stuff is because the new rendering way of Gingerbread (using RGBX_8888 instead of RGB_565, the first one renders smoother transitions, less bars, but looks like it isn't supported) and also Tom added some updates for the libraries too (libmm-adspsvc.so).

RGBX_8888 supports alpha mapping of pixels, so the white screen makes perfect sense as blade can't simply handle alpha pixel values.

I've just given LP a try and it was just as slow as ADW. Of all launchers, only the stock 2.3 one runs smoothly (smoother than any other rom I've tried too), so maybe it knows to revert back to RGB_565 somehow?

So if you are going to give CM7 a try, use the stock gingerbread launcher instead!

Edited by whatcolour

Guest fonix232
RGBX_8888 supports alpha mapping of pixels, so the white screen makes perfect sense as blade can't simply handle alpha pixel values.

I've just given LP a try and it was just as slow as ADW. Of all launchers, only the stock 2.3 one runs smoothly (smoother than any other rom I've tried too), so maybe it knows to revert back to RGB_565 somehow?

So if you are going to give CM7 a try, use the stock gingerbread launcher instead!

It needs complete rebuild.

I guess with the alpha stuff, the problem is the missing hardware drivers. But, the N1 has the same graphic accelerator, why the adreno200 libraries won't work with the blade?

Guest thecoming

Cant wait for the beta 3, hopefully it will be out tonight :P

Can anyone do a compile of the code as it currently stands?

also.. where is the link to the source?

Edited by thecoming

Guest punkmilitia
Cant wait for the beta 3, hopefully it will be out tonight :P

Can anyone do a compile of the code as it currently stands?

also.. where is the link to the source?

https://github.com/TomGiordano/android_device_zte_blade

about the RGBX white screen issue, did you see HCDRJacob modified BoardConfig and in doing so he think's the white screen issue should be gone? if so this shouldn't be too problematic..