[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Guest bugeyes
built but won't boot, think theres a problem with one of the comit files will have a look into when i next get time

Nice one appreciate all your work mate!!

Guest Simon O
can you include andorkos FM radio driver to the CM kernels, please?

source:

https://github.com/ZTE-BLADE/ZTE-BLADE-2.6.32

Andorko would need to try and have this added to the official CM kernel tree and write code that enables the same function on other devices. If random features like this got added to the blade CM ports then it'll never be accepted as an official port, which we want.

Guest Xenon0816

Nice to see that we will finally get CM on our blades!

Thanks for your work everyone!

Looking forward to a stable release soon :D

(but take all the time you need devs! :P)

Guest SWOriginal

just noticed something quite strange, the default launcher is allot faster if you use a live wallpaper instead of a standard image... something's definitely weird with 2D objects & menus

Guest Matty-p
just noticed something quite strange, the default launcher is allot faster if you use a live wallpaper instead of a standard image... something's definitely weird with 2D objects & menus

Wow yea wayy faster

Herp derp, anyways this will be fix'd soon.

Edited by Cirno

Guest Frankish

Looks like all has gone quiet at the minute for the last few days. I'm going to find the link for his github and see if anything has changed :P

How sad but i love following this stuff.

EDIT:

Hmm nothing new for 2 days now, calm before the storm?... :D

Edited by Frankish

Guest metzench
Looks like all has gone quiet at the minute for the last few days. I'm going to find the link for his github and see if anything has changed :P

How sad but i love following this stuff.

EDIT:

Hmm nothing new for 2 days now, calm before the storm?... :D

Well try it yourself, but i´m not the only one having problems to build a complete image. It compiles successful but not everything is there.

Regards,

Christian

Indeed! Massive difference with launcher pro using scale as transition effect.

With a normal wallpaper it is very laggy, but with a live wallpaper it runs super smooth!

I can't believe it. Gingerbread seems to be superior in graphics.

BTW, android 2.3.3 got launched :P

*Hoping for a cyanogenmod on the Blade running android 2.3.3*

And again, great work Tom G, I am really going to donate if you get a 'perfect' cyanogenmod running android 2.3.3 on the blade!

Edited by LVL91

Indeed! Massive difference with launcher pro using scale as transition effect.

With a normal wallpaper it is very laggy, but with a live wallpaper it runs super smooth!

I can't believe it. Gingerbread seems to be superior in graphics.

BTW, android 2.3.3 got launched :P

*Hoping for a cyanogenmod on the Blade running android 2.3.3*

And again, great work Tom G, I am really going to donate if you get a 'perfect' cyanogenmod running android 2.3.3 on the blade!

What fixes did the 2.3.3 bring?

Guest cooldfuzion
What fixes did the 2.3.3 bring?

The folks at Google and Android have just revealed a short list of new NFC capabilities coming with the new system update Android 2.3.3. These updates take hold of what’s quickly becoming the talk of the town as far as futuristic communication with businesses, games, and even other people goes. What NFC stands for is Near Field Communication, and it has the potential to replace credit cards and cash as currency in the USA as well as the rest of the world.

NFC is a bright future for smartphones, so says we, as it can also be used for ticketing, advertising, ratings on all objects, and all manner of data exchange. The new capabilities added to NFC functionality are thus:

• An extensive and comprehensive NFC writer/reader API that allows users to read and write basically every standard NFC tag used in this modern NFC world of ours. A set of API included in this update are thus:

• NFC-A (ISO 14443-3A)

• NFC-B (ISO 14443-3B)

• NFC-F (JIS 6319-4)

• NFC-V (ISO 15693)

• ISO-DEP (ISO 14443-4)

• Mifare Classic

• Mifare Ultralight

NFC Forum NDEF tags

• Advanced Intent dispatching that allows apps control over how and when they’re launched when an NFC tag comes inside their bubble.

• Support for peer-to-peer connection with other NFC devices (this item is still limited)

You’ll be able to take hold of each of these features with Android 2.3 Gingerbread update 2.3.3 as it contains the new API level, level 10. If you’d like to take a look at an expanded list of updates with 2.3.3, take a walk over to Google. If you’d like to download the SDK for this update, also head over to Google.

souce:http://androidcommunity.com

The folks at Google and Android have just revealed a short list of new NFC capabilities coming with the new system update Android 2.3.3. These updates take hold of what’s quickly becoming the talk of the town as far as futuristic communication with businesses, games, and even other people goes. What NFC stands for is Near Field Communication, and it has the potential to replace credit cards and cash as currency in the USA as well as the rest of the world.

NFC is a bright future for smartphones, so says we, as it can also be used for ticketing, advertising, ratings on all objects, and all manner of data exchange. The new capabilities added to NFC functionality are thus:

• An extensive and comprehensive NFC writer/reader API that allows users to read and write basically every standard NFC tag used in this modern NFC world of ours. A set of API included in this update are thus:

• NFC-A (ISO 14443-3A)

• NFC-B (ISO 14443-3B)

• NFC-F (JIS 6319-4)

• NFC-V (ISO 15693)

• ISO-DEP (ISO 14443-4)

• Mifare Classic

• Mifare Ultralight

NFC Forum NDEF tags

• Advanced Intent dispatching that allows apps control over how and when they’re launched when an NFC tag comes inside their bubble.

• Support for peer-to-peer connection with other NFC devices (this item is still limited)

You’ll be able to take hold of each of these features with Android 2.3 Gingerbread update 2.3.3 as it contains the new API level, level 10. If you’d like to take a look at an expanded list of updates with 2.3.3, take a walk over to Google. If you’d like to download the SDK for this update, also head over to Google.

souce:http://androidcommunity.com

Read, herp derp not for us at the moment !

Guest fonix232
Read, herp derp not for us at the moment !

They added some more stuff too, like BT unsecure socket support, and such. Oh and also CM7 should have more languages included (I can't see why CM won't import new languages from the AOSP repo).

Edited by fonix232

Guest jurrasstoil

The NFC part of 2.3.3 might not be useful for us, some of the other changes might be tho:

Bluetooth

Android 2.3.3 adds platform and API support for Bluetooth nonsecure socket connections. This lets applications communicate with simple devices that may not offer a UI for authentication. See createInsecureRfcommSocketToServiceRecord(java.util.UUID) and listenUsingInsecureRfcommWithServiceRecord(java.lang.String, java.util.UUID) for more information.

Graphics

* A new BitmapRegionDecoder class lets applications decode a rectangle region from an image. The API is particularly useful when an original image is large and and the application only need parts of the image.

* A new inPreferQualityOverSpeed field in BitmapFactory.Options allows applications to use a more accurate but slightly slower IDCT method in JPEG decode. This in turn improves the quality of the reconstructed image.

Media framework

* A new MediaMetadataRetriever class provides a unified interface for retrieving frame and metadata from an input media file.

* MediaRecorder.AudioEncoder and MediaRecorder.OutputFormat include new fields for specifying AMR Wideband and AAC formats.

Speech recognition

The speech-recognition API includes new constants to let you manage voice search results in new ways. Although the new constants are not needed for normal use of speech recognition, you could use them to offer a different view of voice search results in your application. For information, see RecognizerResultsIntent.

Guest slartibardfast0

Hi All,

Thanks Tom G, this is already very cool.

I've built a libsurfaceflinger.so and libsurfaceflinger_client.so which fix the whitescreen if anybody is interested in a quickie adb push to fix the whiteouts:

http://db.tt/pWJCogU

I had to tweak the prelink map file to take account of the 2G split so only managed to build libsurfaceflinger properly not everything.

Cheers

Guest Frankish
Hi All,

Thanks Tom G, this is already very cool.

I've built a libsurfaceflinger.so and libsurfaceflinger_client.so which fix the whitescreen if anybody is interested in a quickie adb push to fix the whiteouts:

http://db.tt/pWJCogU

I had to tweak the prelink map file to take account of the 2G split so only managed to build libsurfaceflinger properly not everything.

Cheers

Can you explain the above?

Guest slartibardfast0

Hi Frankish,

I applied a patch from Code Aurora Forum from here:

https://www.codeaurora.org/gitweb/quic/la/?...ae3a7ef4b2cb9bb

But it doesn't describe all the libraries on the blade so a full build won't work!

Edit: Eh should say probably won't work, many CPU cycles before I know for sure etc.!

Edited by slartibardfast0

Guest whatcolour
Hi Frankish,

I applied a patch from Code Aurora Forum from here:

https://www.codeaurora.org/gitweb/quic/la/?...ae3a7ef4b2cb9bb

But it doesn't describe all the libraries on the blade so a full build won't work!

Edit: Eh should say probably won't work, many CPU cycles before I know for sure etc.!

seem to work! white screen gone and menu scrolling much faster!