[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Guest SWOriginal
The stock Android source does not use HW acceleration for the UI.

And Stagefright is enabled by default, but as the H.264 codec is bugged it is kinda useless. We need to recompile it!

I Hope Stagefright gets sorted sooner rather than later as youtube and videos is the only reason im not using this as my main rom, camera aint really important for me but i just cant do without my videos :P

Guest Levanteri

Just flashed R2.5, I'm lovin' it. Everything seems to work ok so far, though generally it feels a little laggy. No doubt that wille be fixed :P

I also have Cyanogenmod installed on my Desire, imho the best custom rom availaible.

Guest fonix232
is there any benefit in using cyanogen mod in comparison to other roms for the blade?

Optimizations, lots of moddings, customizations, and such :P

Oh and do not forget, CM did the best for the most user-friendly software, with frequent updates and the highest number of supported devices!

optimization? Levanteri said it's a bit laggy. modding, customizations? that's what "custom rom" means in general. i asked for the benefit of using this mod, especially because the name cyanogenmod is very well known, but i never owned a device where i could install one of these mods and there are also no screenshots or anything else that would really help me to see what is so special.

Guest jonathonf

Do a search for Cyanogenmod.

This is a beta. It is beta. It is not for normal everyday use. It is not finished.

For most people there are no benefits of using this ROM. Seriously. If you have to ask, don't use it. You'll only either break your phone, or find something doesn't work fully, or crashes, or deletes all your email, or makes the touchscreen crack, or kills all the kittens in your local town.

Guest Levanteri
optimization? Levanteri said it's a bit laggy. modding, customizations? that's what "custom rom" means in general. i asked for the benefit of using this mod, especially because the name cyanogenmod is very well known, but i never owned a device where i could install one of these mods and there are also no screenshots or anything else that would really help me to see what is so special.

Bit laggy = not yet as smooth as it will be. Since Cyanogenmod for Blade is under development, everything isn't perfect yet.

If you ask me, custom roms kick the s*** out of stock roms in all areas. They are far more customizable, they have lots of added functions, they are faster and much more up to date since they are constantly updated, especially the Cyanogenmod.

You'll see the difference when you try 'em, it's kind of hard to explain all the benefits in words. Once you flash, you won't go back :P

In general, you could say that a custom rom improves your devices functionality significantly.

Guest SWOriginal
15-20 mins

What has your build fixed - compared the other builds users have uploaded?

edit - ergo beat me to it!

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest Matty-p
What has your build fixed - compared the other builds users have uploaded?

edit - ergo beat me to it!

i have no idea what outher users have uploaded just looked at thread.

load of stuff including working Lights, power Button is better , white screen problem fixed, Keyboard is bigger and newest gapps all working and included to get the extra gapps open market hit select all and ok.

Guest Matty-p

thats just a real quick dump before i get a early night ill do a load of work tomarow on my miui and sense ll roms so the should be up before my birthday on monday

Guest ergo911
i have no idea what outher users have uploaded just looked at thread.

load of stuff including working Lights, power Button is better , white screen problem fixed, Keyboard is bigger and newest gapps all working and included to get the extra gapps open market hit select all and ok.

Thanks, Matty-p :P

Guest Matty-p

oh and it is way faster an looks way better if you use a live wallpaper may i suggest nexus with background as black and couour scheme as nexus but i use the latest launcher pro anyway and its wayyy faaster if you need it i can upload it or find it on the web ill do some cm7, sense and miui ll work tomarow and hopefully roms up tommarow night

Guest SWOriginal
internet just lost sync for 1 second when it was at 98% so now media fire has decided it must start again :P :D :huh:

Lol got to love how reliable the internet is, yeah thanks for your rom (once its finally uploaded) i'll give it a try :P, I keep checking Jacobs & Toms github pages... waiting for the stagefright fix!

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest Simon O

Currently it seems there are 3 people each working on their own CM port. I would have thought it would make sense for everyone to work together on this rather than every man for himself?

Guest SWOriginal
Currently it seems there are 3 people each working on their own CM port. I would have thought it would make sense for everyone to work together on this rather than every man for himself?

Yea i thought Jacob and Tom where going to work together aswell but it seems toms getting further progress on his own, the more people working together would seem the logical choice to me, at least that way we can watch the fixes & improvements happening on one git instead of getting random builds uploaded by different people everyday....

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest skymera
Yea i thought Jacob and Tom where going to work together aswell but it seems toms getting further progress on his own,

I wouldn't be so sure :P

But yeah, 1 thread yet 3 different ports?

Lol got to love how reliable the internet is, yeah thanks for your rom (once its finally uploaded) i'll give it a try :P, I keep checking Jacobs & Toms github pages... waiting for the stagefright fix!

Stagefright fix? What needs fixing?

PS. I uploaded a new rom.

Guest SWOriginal
Stagefright fix? What needs fixing?

PS. I uploaded a new rom.

Thanks Tom! wasnt expecting you to upload your rom untill its stable :P, People have suggested that the youtube problems ( Youtube freezes on HQ & jumpy on normal quality )are caused by stagefright.

EDIT: great that youve managed to get the cool screen off effect

Bugs -

• Keyboard is still tiny - FIX: Add qemu.sf.lcd_density=240 to build.prop
  • Mobile data is not working for me - (yes this was an issue with the giffgaff apn, Fixed by installing the Giffgaff apn from the market
  • Youtube videos are jerky! & HQ Freezes completely (Removed libmm-adspsvc.so problem still persist)
  • Videos (SD Card) are low quality and jerky (Removed libmm-adspsvc.so problem still persist)
  • Camera does not work
  • Auto Brightness seems not to work

Other than these bugs its great, allot faster now aswell

Edited by SWOriginal