[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Guest fonix232

Beta3 (added some personal modifications, nothing crucial though, keyboard fix, HTC IME and a new theme):

- No more library linking problems

- A lot faster DexOpt

- UI is a LOT faster, better performance, less lag! Even with stock launcher!

- The animation of the screen lock is enabled - cool

- WiFi is stronger, and won't disconnect when sleep happens

- Youtube (and generally, video) bugs are still there. Removed that said library, and HQ youtube videos still hang on first frame (sound goes on). Tom, would you be so kind to recompile the OMX H.264 codec (with MP3 and AAC codecs too)? It would definitely improve Stagefright!

Guest fonix232
Don't know if this is already "known" issue, but when going to settings, then cyanogenmodsettings then to performance settings then to cpu settings it force closes cyanogenmodsettings. Any particular reason why it does that?

Our kernel isn't a CM one, but CMSettings tries to call functions included in the official CyanogenMod (and I guess, EzTerry) kernels. So that's why it happens.

Our kernel isn't a CM one, but CMSettings tries to call functions included in the official CyanogenMod (and I guess, EzTerry) kernels. So that's why it happens.

I see, hope this gets fixed sooner or later right?

**Edit**

The used, kernel is it the default one from zte blade(and slightly modified)?

Also, been wondering we have the OC kernel, but it seems most stable clocks are always around 659 to 724MHz but this is with normal input voltage. So still and will always wait for this...

Will we ever get a kernel with OC clocks and undervolted input voltages?

Edited by Cirno

Guest metzench
I see, hope this gets fixed sooner or later right?

**Edit**

The used, kernel is it the default one from zte blade(and slightly modified)?

Also, been wondering we have the OC kernel, but it seems most stable clocks are always around 659 to 724MHz but this is with normal input voltage. So still and will always wait for this...

Will we ever get a kernel with OC clocks and undervolted input voltages?

Before thinking about overclocking CM7 wouldn´t it be better that we track down the existing bugs and make it run smoothly?

Regards, Christian

Guest fonix232
Before thinking about overclocking CM7 wouldn´t it be better that we track down the existing bugs and make it run smoothly?

Regards, Christian

A better, overclocked kernel would definitely help :P

I think we should ask Kallt to work on this!

Hi!

Anyone can tell me, that for CM7 beta 3, how much system partition is needed?

I have a 128MB one, is it will be enough, or i need to repartition my ROM?

I'm on the Japanese jellyfish rls9 partition and cm7 working ?

Edited by Guest

Regards, Christian

I meant as a future plan after the rom is stable :P

Guest leetron1

Removed CMWallpaper.apk from zip so that ROM fits on 128MB partition...flashed with modded CM recovery= cannot verify complete signature, install abort..

Am sure its something simple..any advice from the assembled android polymaths!!

Removed CMWallpaper.apk from zip so that ROM fits on 128MB partition...flashed with modded CM recovery= cannot verify complete signature, install abort..

Am sure its something simple..any advice from the assembled android polymaths!!

I didn't use signature verification and flashed fine

is this works on Vodafone 945-zte joe? i applied but the phone doesn't start i think i bricked my phone. i have a backup but it also doesn't start. i flashed r12 modaco custom froyo rom. what can i do at this stage? there is a sand clock on the screen nothing happens. i can reach recovery mode. please somebody give me advice

Guest dmxpowa
is this works on Vodafone 945-zte joe? i applied but the phone doesn't start i think i bricked my phone. i have a backup but it also doesn't start. i flashed r12 modaco custom froyo rom. what can i do at this stage? there is a sand clock on the screen nothing happens. i can reach recovery mode. please somebody give me advice

this is a forum for ZTE Blade, having problem with reading sir?

Guest fonix232

Why the hell, oh why the hell do you flash something what ISN'T FOR YOUR PHONE???? Tell me, why???

This ROM (this whole area of the forum) is for the ZTE Blade! The ZTE Joe is a TOTALLY DIFFERENT DEVICE, SCREEN, CAMERA, ETC, ALL DIFFERS.

Simply I can't see why don't we put brain cells on the list of the endangered species...

Also, some good news. A working edited version of Beta3 is currently uploading to my space:

http://www.wuala.com/fonix232/Blade/ROM/CyanogenMod/7

What I modified:

- keyboard fix (no more small stuff)

- APN list

- GApps added (slim package, at sign-in it will ask you what you want to install)

- Replaced the two stock theme with a Honeycomb one

- Removed Fallback font (no support for special characters I guess, but that only font takes 3MB from the whole!)

Total ROM size: 123MB

i don't know i made a mistake ok. do u know any kind of help could bring my phone back? i can reach recovery mode. maybe if u please lead me to a rom that specified for my device i can manage to flash it?

i don't know i made a mistake ok. do u know any kind of help could bring my phone back? i can reach recovery mode. maybe if u please lead me to a rom that specified for my device i can manage to flash it?

If I disable verification then it just aborts the flash!

assuming you formatted before flashing,I can't work that one out ? I don't know if cm7 needs signature verification but I flash ok without it.

Edited by Guest

Guest dmxpowa

why do you think anyone would know anything about a total different device on the first place. secondly you fuxored it up you gotta find your answers. google is your friend mate.

Edited by dmxpowa

Guest fonix232
assuming you formatted before flashing,I can't work that one out ?

This one does not need formatting before flash, script has been fixed (and also a patch was applied at first start of beta2 what patched CWM so it can actually format the internal systems into any FS format :P )

Guest punkmilitia

Unnoficial update time!

Cyanogen 7 B3r1 - For those who don't want to muck around with the files.

Fixes:

Keyboard

Video overlay

Download: BladeCyanogenMod7B3r1

Size: 84.6MB zip / 123.0MB when extracted

MD5SUM: b4f98c2b142d50f325b4a93132950fa3

How to Install:

Before installing CyanogenMod7, make sure you have the Latest Clockwork otherwise you will run into problems.

Once you know you have the latest clockwork make sure to format your system under mounts before installing Cyanogen then if you want gapps Click Here to download them then simply flash them on with clockwork.

I am not responsible if you obtain any misfortunes.

Edited by punkmilitia

Guest targetbsp

If you took a backup you should be able to just restore it in recovery. If not you'll need a ZTE Joe rom from someone else. Unfortunately you won't find that in this subforum because it's all about the Blade. You might be able to find help here: http://android.modaco.com/content/other/33...ne-945-zte-joe/

[edit]

oops. too slow. :P

Edited by targetbsp

Unnoficial update time!

Cyanogen 7 B3r1 - For those who don't want to muck around with the files.

Fixes:

Keyboard

Video overlay fix

Download: BladeCyanogenMod7B3r1

MD5SUM: b4f98c2b142d50f325b4a93132950fa3

nice one dude,downloading now.

So much hard work going into cm7,and maybe an official cyanogen mod coming our way,the future seems bright for the blade.