[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Guest voradorpt
HCDRJacob and Tom_G are working together. At the moment Tom submitted his config to cyanogenmod but it's like that Jacobs code will be accepted instead. Not that it matters anyway as once the code is accepted both Tom and Jacob will work on the code and others are welcome to participate.

There won't be any more test builds until the ZTE Blade port has been accepted into CM nightlies. Once that has been done you will start seeing nightly builds generated.

And to stop the rumors, Tom hasn't stopped developing.

Exactly. It should make it much easier for both of them (or anyone else that wants to help) when the code gets approved.

He's only saying he won't be contributing more until the code gets approved. I can understand that. Jacob got some things working first. He adds it to the CM tree. Tom helps with further development. I think it's completely normal.

Great work by Jacob and Tom, looking forward to receiving nightlys for the Blade!

I wonder if there will be efforts to use the CM kernel so we are even less dependent on ZTE?

Guest Len Ash

This should fix the autobrightness in CM6 - not tried but confident! Attached just the arrays.xml and the (unsigned) compiled apk (not installable via CW)

Whatever ROM the original came from must have had the world's crapiest autobrightness control.

If someone could let me know what framework-res is signed with, I could actually try it :D

arrays.zip

newframework_res.zip

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
This should fix the autobrightness in CM6 - not tried but confident! Attached just the array.xml and the compiled apk (not installable via CW)

What ever ROM the original came from must have had the world's crapiest autobrightness control.

If someone could let me know what framework-res is signed with, I could actually try it.

That's cool, and would indeed be helpful in conjunction with anybody who has access to the setting in CM to adjust it. (The app in the settings page, that is)

However, my problem was that the light sensor itself worked only very intermittently, so, while I approximated some results, it borked itself anyway when I was using it.

Can't test now however, want back to MCR r12

Guest Len Ash
That's cool, and would indeed be helpful in conjunction with anybody who has access to the setting in CM to adjust it. (The app in the settings page, that is)

However, my problem was that the light sensor itself worked only very intermittently, so, while I approximated some results, it borked itself anyway when I was using it.

Can't test now however, want back to MCR r12

All things being equal, the arrays attached will provide a working solution. The arrays were "rubbish". However, if something else in the CM ROM is not right, then it will continue to malfunction, I suspect.

Can't install CM7... yet.

Guest jasonXXx
This should fix the autobrightness in CM6 - not tried but confident! Attached just the arrays.xml and the (unsigned) compiled apk (not installable via CW)

Whatever ROM the original came from must have had the world's crapiest autobrightness control.

If someone could let me know what framework-res is signed with, I could actually try it :D

cm7 has the same problem.

Guest ThrashMan

Thanks LanceH, as no one else wants to ask....I'm assuming "newframework-res.apk" goes in /system/app/"? but don't know where arrays.xml goes :|

[edit] just checked /system/app/ and newframework-res.apk isn't in there.....so much for guess #1 :D [/edit]

Edited by ThrashMan

Thanks LanceH, as no one else wants to ask....I'm assuming "newframework-res.apk" goes in /system/app/"? but don't know where arrays.xml goes :|

[edit] just checked /system/app/ and newframework-res.apk isn't in there.....so much for guess #1 :D [/edit]

I'm no Dev but sure framework-res.apk goes in system/framework.

Edited by Guest

Guest Len Ash

The newframework....blah needs to be renamed to framework-res.apk and signed to match whatever the ROM "signature" is (which I still don't know). Then pushed into /system/framework/

arrays.xml is a file within framework-res.apk (that is also the only file changed) for anyone to use if they want to add during an edit of framework-res.apk

If I knew the signing regime, I could make a quick clockwork zip file and all would be simple!

Edited by Len Ash

Righty guys. In CM7 (for sure) and maybe CM6, there is the autobrightness settings app.

It's In CM settings somewhere (most likely under display)

It looks like this:

http://twitpic.com/2k4qjz

In that first column, named "Lower" you need to add the values from the <integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessLevels"> line in Arrays.xml

so, that would be

5000[/code] Then, in the "screen" column, add the values from the <integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessLcdBacklightValues"> part of arrays.xml which in this case are
[code]15

Finally, to finish off, in the buttons column, change the first 1 or 2 (depending on preference) to 255 to get buttons to switch on in the dark.

Hope this helps!

Guest Len Ash
Righty guys. In CM7 (for sure) and maybe CM6, there is the autobrightness settings app.

It's In CM settings somewhere (most likely under display)

It looks like this:

http://twitpic.com/2k4qjz

In that first column, named "Lower" you need to add the values from the <integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessLevels"> line in Arrays.xml

so, that would be

Then, in the "screen" column, add the values from the <integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessLcdBacklightValues"> part of arrays.xml which in this case are

Finally, to finish off, in the buttons column, change the first 1 or 2 (depending on preference) to 255 to get buttons to switch on in the dark.

Hope this helps!

Basically the same thing as above... quite useful to determine values for other ROMs!!!!! Live too...

Basically the same thing as above... quite useful to determine values for other ROMs!!!!! Live too...

Exactly. BUT, as you can't resign the framework-res.apk for Cyanogen mod, it seems this is the only way. But yes, thanks for the values, all the same LanceH

Guest metzench
camera works, but no preview image.

Hm, strange, works fine for me with only Jacobs gits checked out. Nevertheless, wireless not working yet and reboots sometimes, give him some more days...

Regards,

Christian

Guest hecatae
Hm, strange, works fine for me with only Jacobs gits checked out. Nevertheless, wireless not working yet and reboots sometimes, give him some more days...

Regards,

Christian

wireless works fine for me, no reboots

Guest Len Ash
Exactly. BUT, as you can't resign the framework-res.apk for Cyanogen mod, it seems this is the only way. But yes, thanks for the values, all the same LanceH

Useful that the Lux output from the sensor is displayed to fine tune the Lux setting (1st column).

Very different settings for TFT and OLED too... OLED won't go as low as the TFT, just stops getting dimmer.