[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
Useful that the Lux output from the sensor is displayed to fine tune the Lux setting (1st column).

Very different settings for TFT and OLED too... OLED won't go as low as the TFT, just stops getting dimmer.

I assume it's because the LCD can pretty much turn the backlight off, yet there is still stuff on the screen, whereas the OLED's light is the image on the screen, so dimming that= black screen anyway.

Different, but a mile out again

Same creik as above... (anyone tell me the signing strategy?)

Not 100% sure with CM7, although I did a quick theme for myself unsigned when CM6 was the more stable of the two, but with any other roms you can flash an unsigned .apk in a zip with clockwork. The only time signing really becomes an issue is if you were to do a nandroid with the unsigned or differently signed system app, it then won't restore properly because the signatures won't match.

I think in adjusting settings for this ROM most people are more likely to be flashing a finished or updated ROM before they'll ever be restoring one from nandroid so signing may not be much of an issue.

AFAIK the convention here is now to sign with the platform key, but I'm not sure if thats what Tom G and HDCRJacob would've done.

I uploaded a script I found and added the platform keys to it in this thread post 17 has the signing .zip and 19 has the command to use the platform key.

Guest Hopelessness

The problem I'm having with this ROM, is that it won't wake up after a call, so I can't hang up. I've left a couple of embarrassing answer phone messages because of that! It comes back to life if the other end hangs up though.

I've tried every button on the phone, and of course the proximity sensor doesn't do anything either.

I'm getting the hang of what all this means now I think

apart from one thing

It has to be accepted into cm 1st and then there will be a proper rom built that we can download and use as it will be fully? working

But what are these "nightly builds"? I read the wiki and from what i can gather any problems, bits not working right get corrected as and when and a nightly build is done to update the rom?

if that is the case - what does that mean in simple terms? we have to flash a new rom every day? or whenever it is updated? or how does it work?

Guest Simon O
I'm getting the hang of what all this means now I think

apart from one thing

It has to be accepted into cm 1st and then there will be a proper rom built that we can download and use as it will be fully? working

But what are these "nightly builds"? I read the wiki and from what i can gather any problems, bits not working right get corrected as and when and a nightly build is done to update the rom?

if that is the case - what does that mean in simple terms? we have to flash a new rom every day? or whenever it is updated? or how does it work?

It means once the code is accepted and the blade port is official then there will be test builds released (the nightly builds) which are built from the very latest CM7 code. They might have bugs, they might not. There will also be stable releases built on the most recent stable branch.

Guest IronDoc

How exactly does it work? Is the blade branch a set of patches which are added to the nightly or stable build (depending on your selection) or are the whole builds device-specific?

Guest Simon O
How exactly does it work? Is the blade branch a set of patches which are added to the nightly or stable build (depending on your selection) or are the whole builds device-specific?

Exactly I'm not sure. Better if Tom or Jacob (if he uses this forum) comments.

The problem I'm having with this ROM, is that it won't wake up after a call, so I can't hang up. I've left a couple of embarrassing answer phone messages because of that! It comes back to life if the other end hangs up though.

I've tried every button on the phone, and of course the proximity sensor doesn't do anything either.

I'm getting this too (7, beta 3). Can't hang up! That's the only problem though so far, nice rom

Guest Simon O

You do realise this is test code and there are several bugs which haven't been addressed yet? It really isn't suitable for daily use at the moment no matter how much people repackage it with 'fixes'.

I found that if "Always use proximity" and "In-Call touch UI" are checked in call settings, the proximity sensor works in-call though not as expected. What I've observed is that the screen turns off and back on again after the call ends. But the screen does turn back on. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Didn't seem to work on another call. False Alarm. Will have to wait for the official nightlies. Hopefully they'll have this fixed.

Edited by css771

I found that if "Always use proximity" and "In-Call touch UI" are checked in call settings, the proximity sensor works in-call though not as expected. What I've observed is that the screen turns off and back on again after the call ends. But the screen does turn back on. Hope this helps.

there is an option to keep screen awake !

Changing subject.But has anyone tried the default browser in cm7? I am real impressed,very fast and responsive.And with the added cyanogen features its a good browser

Edited by Guest

Guest markusj

Just had a screen freeze with punkmilitia's CM7 build.

I started the magnificent ie6 app (try it, it gives you the genuine Internet Explorer 6 feeling :D ), and after that it didn't respond to the touchscreen taps. Buttons worked fine, I could get back to the home screen, but the touchscreen seemed to be dead. I put it to sleep and woke it up, and it was perfect again.

Keep up the good work, guys, you're awesome :D

Guest vareBlade
(try it, it gives you the genuine Internet Explorer 6 feeling :D )

[offtopic]

Who wants an IE6 experience?

IE6 experience > nightmare

[/offtopic]

Edited by vareBlade

Guest jasonXXx

I started the magnificent ie6 app (try it, it gives you the genuine Internet Explorer 6 feeling :D ), and after that it didn't respond to the touchscreen taps. Buttons worked fine, I could get back to the home screen, but the touchscreen seemed to be dead. I put it to sleep and woke it up, and it was perfect again.

Same for me but it happend on the home screen.

Guest ergo911

I started the magnificent ie6 app (try it, it gives you the genuine Internet Explorer 6 feeling :) ), and after that it didn't respond to the touchscreen taps. Buttons worked fine, I could get back to the home screen, but the touchscreen seemed to be dead. I put it to sleep and woke it up, and it was perfect again.

Same to me on TomG beta3, I played poker and touchscreen didn't respond any more, after I pressed power button and phone went to sleep it was ok again :D

Edited by ergo911