[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Guest Hopelessness
You do realise this is test code and there are several bugs which haven't been addressed yet? It really isn't suitable for daily use at the moment no matter how much people repackage it with 'fixes'.

Well aware, I was just testing it, and I didn't see anyone mention this issue previously. I have an HTC Hero for daily!

Guest eAlex79

You know scattering around information makes it quite annoying to follow along.

I'll be building that later today then instead of jacob's. lol

I've a question for you people: I love to new SIP integration, although incoming call listening won't be all that good for battery life. Does anybody know if I can force a codec to be used?

Why do I love it? Sipdroid doesn't register, sipgate's app cries all day, etc... and the new integrated SIP just works, on Edge and on WLAN.

First of all thanks a lot for this!

Overall performance seems pretty good for me (was using FLB and had quadrant score of about 400, now it is 600ish).

Currently I am using CM7b3 as my main ROM. The following things don't work as expected (for me):

* Swype installer crashes 1.1.17861 (The application Swype (process com.swype.android.inputmethod) has stopped unexpectedly.)

* Headset buttons don't work

* Under Settings -> CyanogenMod -> Performance settings: if i try to open CPU settings, com.cyanogenmod.cmparts stops unexpectedly.

* Had to enter the APN

* Music stutters short when phone turns off screen

If more info is needed, I gladly help out.

Guest Stuart_f
* Music stutters short when phone turns off screen

If you mean there's a momentary pause in playback as the phone goes into power save and turn the screen off then my phone also does this on MoDaCo 2.1 r4

Guest fonix232

@hecatae:

Could you please grab Tom's latest additions, with his patch-set from Cyanogen's Gerrit (cyanogen device additions) and do a brunch make of cyanongen_blade?

My building workplace Ubuntu just crashed into an 'I-wont-boot-even-if-you-delete-me' status, and I can't be bothered by reinstalling the whole thing :S So no building for me today. But I would like to see the improvements of the new things (libcopybit fastening, camera, etc).

Guest fonix232
If you mean there's a momentary pause in playback as the phone goes into power save and turn the screen off then my phone also does this on MoDaCo 2.1 r4

It wasn't there in JJ9, I guess it is because of the sudden shutdown. If you let it settle (like, wait for the forced screen lock after one minute) it won't stutter.

Also found solution for the power drain problem, to fix it do these steps:

1. Open Spare Parts

2. Select "End Button behavior"

3. Select "Go to sleep"

4. Try again.

Power drainage is back around normal (2 percent drop in one hour of music listening through headset, and some screen usage (switching tracks and albums)).

Guest hecatae
@hecatae:

Could you please grab Tom's latest additions, with his patch-set from Cyanogen's Gerrit (cyanogen device additions) and do a brunch make of cyanongen_blade?

My building workplace Ubuntu just crashed into an 'I-wont-boot-even-if-you-delete-me' status, and I can't be bothered by reinstalling the whole thing :S So no building for me today. But I would like to see the improvements of the new things (libcopybit fastening, camera, etc).

should only be http://review.cyanogenmod.com/2958 needed as the other http://review.cyanogenmod.com/2947 has been merged by Steve Kondik

Guest Simon O
Yea that's why I said patch-set and not patch-sets :D The 2958 patch-set contains all cyanogen devtree modifications needed.

So syncing the CM repo then toms vendor over should have it all up to date?

Guest hecatae
So syncing the CM repo then toms vendor over should have it all up to date?

yes, and then just apply the patch-set, I'm not at home, so I wont be able to run a new build til 18.00 GMT

Edited by hecatae

Guest Simon O
yes, and then just apply the patch set

Which patch set? As far as I know pulling the CM7 code in then cloning the blade device tree from toms github will be up to date?

If there are extra steps then they really could do with being added to the build guide.

Guest fonix232
Which patch set? As far as I know pulling the CM7 code in then cloning the blade device tree from toms github will be up to date?

If there are extra steps then they really could do with being added to the build guide.

I will not add them to the build guide, as soon one of the patch-sets will include one of the device trees.

All you have to do is to go to your CM7 source root, and type this command:

git fetch http://review.cyanogenmod.com/p/CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cyanogen refs/changes/58/2958/3 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD

after checking out the GIT repo and the REPO repo :D

This will add the needed cyanogen_blade elements, and after you will be able to brunch cyanogen_blade.

Guest Simon O
I will not add them to the build guide, as soon one of the patch-sets will include one of the device trees.

git fetch http://review.cyanogenmod.com/p/CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cyanogen refs/changes/58/2958/3 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD

after checking out the GIT repo and the REPO repo :D

This will add the needed cyanogen_blade elements, and after you will be able to brunch cyanogen_blade.

Thank you. Didn't realise this needed doing :D

after checking out the GIT repo and the REPO repo :D This will add the needed cyanogen_blade elements, and after you will be able to brunch cyanogen_blade.
or I assume if you are using Jacobs (patch set 8)
git fetch http://r.cyanogenmod.com/p/CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cyanogen refs/changes/29/2929/8 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD

Edited by rjm2k

Guest fonix232

The two patch sets are the same except that Jacob's will add a 2G VMSplit descriptor what is only needed for his tree. Tom used a precompiled kernel for that.

Guest fonix232
Toms is more up to date and has more fixes. Jacobs has broken wifi now :D

This will only add some needed modifications to the cyanogen vendor tree so the stuff actually builds as a CyanogenMod for Blade, not as AOSP. You will need to use "brunch" instead of lunch, and select cyanogen_blade!

Guest Simon O
This will only add some needed modifications to the cyanogen vendor tree so the stuff actually builds as a CyanogenMod for Blade, not as AOSP. You will need to use "brunch" instead of lunch, and select cyanogen_blade!

Ok thanks.

Finally things making sense to me :D

Guest fonix232
Ok thanks.

Finally things making sense to me :D

So:

CM repo repo: all the Android Source code with CM additions

Tom's or Jacob's Github repo: ZTE Blade device tree used to build CyanogenMod for the Blade

Tom's or Jacob's patch-set on CM Gerrit: ZTE Blade additions to the cyanogenmod vendor tree to build proper CM

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
It wasn't there in JJ9, I guess it is because of the sudden shutdown. If you let it settle (like, wait for the forced screen lock after one minute) it won't stutter.

Also found solution for the power drain problem, to fix it do these steps:

1. Open Spare Parts

2. Select "End Button behavior"

3. Select "Go to sleep"

4. Try again.

Power drainage is back around normal (2 percent drop in one hour of music listening through headset, and some screen usage (switching tracks and albums)).

That's quite interesting...but I'm still wondering,,,why does it work?

I mean, for a phone without a end button, it seems very peculiar for it to cure battery issues. I mean, even in my MCR r12 (which i'm using 'till this most recent stufff is compiled) the settings for this has nothing selected.

So, yea, I'd be highly interested to know :D

Guest fonix232
That's quite interesting...but I'm still wondering,,,why does it work?

I mean, for a phone without a end button, it seems very peculiar for it to cure battery issues. I mean, even in my MCR r12 (which i'm using 'till this most recent stufff is compiled) the settings for this has nothing selected.

So, yea, I'd be highly interested to know :D

The "End (red)" button is the power button incase of the Blade.

This option simply sets so the phone goes to actual sleep when the screen is switched off.

On the final builds, the sleep value is set to "always when screen locked" but on engineering builds it is set to "never".

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

This option simply sets so the phone goes to actual sleep when the screen is switched off.

On the final builds, the sleep value is set to "always when screen locked" but on engineering builds it is set to "never".

Ah I see, so actually changing it on my current Rom pretty much does what it does anyway.

And that makes sense, I was always confused using Android units that had the end button as power, kept locking the screen trying to jump out of things. Now I know. Awesome stuff.

I'll be downloading this new build the second it's out, it seems.

Guest ThrashMan

Does the SF sleep too heavily? Missed call/SMS etc wakes the phone up enough to flash the LAD a few times then the phone goes back to sleep and the LED stops flashing :-/ Maybe it should be called the Orange Rip van Winkle? :D

[Edited for the easily confused :D]

Edited by ThrashMan