[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Guest Sebastian404
I tried to install the cm6 and cm7 and allways gives an error: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") =="|| getprop("ro.build.device") what am i doing rong??

I have updated 3.0.0.5 with this setting, tho I noticed that somehow (Ive not tracked it down yet) it managed to get ro.hardware from the enviroment...

tho that is set to be bladeztehandset

AFAIK EGL is disabled because the system can't find the proper mount of the hardware, you need to edit some s*** in it to redirect to proper /dev/ tree.

In the current rom it is disabled because the files are totally missing, which is because it wouldn't boot with them. The actual reason is gralloc needs some modification. I have it working in my current (cm6) dev rom, it should be up later.

As much as i love Froyo and CM6 was awesome on Desire. Would it not make most sense to concentrate all your efforts on CM7 or AOSP Gingerbread? With working RIL i know the other fixes are just a matter of time. Try not to burn yourself out by taking on too much mate. Good luck to you.

The long term goal is of course cm7, but I think a lot of the problems will be easier to fix in cm6, so initially I will try to get that right. I expect fairly soon all effort will shift to CM7.

HCDRJacob will be working with me on this, so between us I hope things will progress quickly. He should have his blade next week.

Why does Cyanogen Settings FC? Is cmparts.apk missing?

CMParts was missing. For some reason when I 'repo sync'd the CM6 tree it pulled the CM7 CMParts causing a compile error. As a quick fix I deleted CMParts then forgot to fix it before doing the proper build. Its fixed in beta1.1

edit: about the wifi,actually it seems that it sleeps when you download something but while in sleep the wifi wakes up from time to time for about 1sec (there is traffic)

kinda strange behavior :D

Thats sound like what it should do. Am I missing something.

Instaled the CM6.1 works very well but when the screen goes off i cannot get it on! tested the CM7 and it booted up but its to slow the ui!

Nice work ;)

The Menu button will wake it.

I never have the back on my blade (it has wires hanging out of it for the rs232 port) so I dont use the power button much (the power button is on the back cover). It should be easy to fix, I just hadn't noticed the problem.

I have updated 3.0.0.5 with this setting, tho I noticed that somehow (Ive not tracked it down yet) it managed to get ro.hardware from the enviroment...

tho that is set to be bladeztehandset

Thanks ;)

Guest SWOriginal
The long term goal is of course cm7, but I think a lot of the problems will be easier to fix in cm6, so initially I will try to get that right. I expect fairly soon all effort will shift to CM7.

HCDRJacob will be working with me on this, so between us I hope things will progress quickly. He should have his blade next week

Here was me expecting the blade to die out soon ;), thanks for working on it... CM7 or AOSP Gingerbread (stable) would be great! hope you both get everything working & stable.

Guest Frankish

Has everyone ignored my two posts about the power button? It works it just requires a quick 2 second press. I can wake and put to sleep my phone just fine!

Also thanks for the response Tom. I'm glad your having help with this.

Has everyone ignored my two posts about the power button? It works it just requires a quick 2 second press. I can wake and put to sleep my phone just fine!

Also thanks for the response Tom. I'm glad your having help with this.

There is a list of things fixed in beta 2 in the change log at the start of the topic. Power button is fixed ;).

The new rom should be up shortly.

Just tried to install beta 2, getting an error: asserts failed package-extract-file ("boot.img". "/tmp/boot.img") Right at the end. And I am using sebs modded 3.0.0.5 recovery too. Flashed beta 1 ok.

Guest superkryo

Thanks for the 1st class work in getting the rom to work. Just a quick question about a2sd, is it supported and (if so) does the kernel support ext3/ext4?

Guest jurrasstoil
Lights don't work (I'm still using the chinese kernel, so no lights).

saw that the lights are fixed in beta2, does this mean you are using a custom kernel built from the 2.2 zte source?

Last but not least: Nice work!

I don't know what your installing, but its not beta2. I haven't uploaded it yet, I'm still trying to fix things.

Oh, it was off the "beta 2" link on the second post, i did notice it still said beta1 but just thought that the file name was wrong. Apologies lol.

Guest spirit222

I have blade with 5Mpix camera. I tried CM6.1 beta 1.1 and got lockscreen freeze. I think it's same problem that all roms had with old beta kernel with 5mp blades. Buttons work, but screen won't after phone goes to sleep.

Edited by spirit222

Guest fonix232
In the current rom it is disabled because the files are totally missing, which is because it wouldn't boot with them. The actual reason is gralloc needs some modification. I have it working in my current (cm6) dev rom, it should be up later.

Yea, that may be a problem too ;)

may I ask a general question? what possibilities does this offer to us?

what can be done with CM6 that otherwise couldn't be done with a modified stock rom?

e.g., will monitoring and injection mode for wifi work?

e.g., will disk encryption (truecrypt) work?

e.g., will sim cards be able to be emulated by software, enabling changing of sim without really changing the sim by hardware?

e.g., will on-the-fly changing of app permissions work?

e.g., will TaintDroid be included?

what will be possible?

is there any *real* advantage at all?

Edited by ztedd

Guest IronDoc

@Tom G: Have you talked to KK about radio? iirc he fixed it in the kernel for Japanese Jelly.

Of course, that assumes it's related to the previous problem.

Edited by IronDoc

Guest fonix232
may I ask a general question? what possibilities does this offer to us?

what can be done with CM6 that otherwise couldn't be done with a modified stock rom?

e.g., will monitoring and injection mode for wifi work?

e.g., will disk encryption (truecrypt) work?

e.g., will sim cards be able to be emulated by software, enabling changing of sim without really changing the sim by hardware?

e.g., will on-the-fly changing of app permissions work?

e.g., will TaintDroid be included?

what will be possible?

is there any *real* advantage at all?

None will be enabled by using CyanogenMod. CM is simply a super-highly optimized version of AOSP, with a lot of additions, like the new T-Mobile theming platform (presented in the MyTouch 4G), and such. Oh, a lot of customizations, optimizations, extensions, what you won't find in the stock ROMs, also open-source so you can build it, etc.

Guest ergo911

I installed cm6.1 and thats great, for me almost usable only major problem i can't live with is I can't add google account. It offers a Exchange one istead.

Looking forward to test beta2 ;)

Very good work Tom G ;)

Guest droweed

I dont really post comments that much, i just usually test and provide feedback on certain roms, but I must speak here, and thank you for this find, at first I really thought we'd be stuck at 2.2 for quite a while, thanks tom g

Edited by droweed

Guest fonix232
I installed cm6.1 and thats great, for me almost usable only major problem i can't live with is I can't add google account. It offers a Exchange one istead.

Looking forward to test beta2 ;)

Very good work Tom G ;)

Flash the GApps package after you flash the ROM, it is linked in the first post :D You need CyanogenMod6 HDPI version!

Many thanks Tom G!

With Cyanogenmod rom, the launcherpro widgets seem to run a lot smoother!

Looking forward to the beta2!

Edited by LVL91

Guest sebbo90

@Tom G Was just wondering, in your cm7 build does the screen switch off with the power button and get the cool of animation? Just curoius as i remember with your 2.3 AOSP build it didn't