[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Guest fonix232
Oh sweet! Can this be a suggestion that the Nightly is near? (and by "near" I mean tonight or tomorrow night, as opposed to in a week or so).

Yea, definitely, though it isn't on the Buildbot list yet, I think tomorrow is a good guess. And also, as soon as Jacob adds it to Buildbot, it will build it immediately AFAIK. So, it depends on Jacob :D

Guest Simon O
Yea, definitely, though it isn't on the Buildbot list yet, I think tomorrow is a good guess. And also, as soon as Jacob adds it to Buildbot, it will build it immediately AFAIK. So, it depends on Jacob :D

Actually the discussion at the moment is that there won't be any nightly releases for quite some time. :D

Guest Rob_brum

how do i install these ? using ClockworkMOd i just get "assert failed: getprop..." errors using install zip file from sd card method?

Edited by Rob_brum

Guest Blues003
Actually the discussion at the moment is that there won't be any nightly releases for quite some time. :D

Really? :D Why is that? Tons of bug-fixing to do? Also, what do you mean by "quite some time"? A week? A Month? More?

Guest evilpaul

I think there are just too many issues at the moment. I'm running the build you put together, flib, and I'm getting some major issues:

- Car Home does not work

- Alarms do not output any audio

- Dismissing an alarm causes the phone to reboot (well, it has for me the past 2 mornings)

- Proximity sensor issues when ending a call

- All apps are installed on SDCard by default (causes FC's with apps running native code)

- Light sensor calibration is a work in progress

- Phone has a small delay after tapping the power button until it wakes up (the froyo builds are pretty much instant)

- performance still appears to lag randomly

- etc.

Once some of these get cleared up then I think it would be a good point to start putting out nightly builds for testing.

Guest yeawhatever
I think there are just too many issues at the moment. I'm running the build you put together, flib, and I'm getting some major issues:

- Dismissing an alarm causes the phone to reboot (well, it has for me the past 2 mornings)

Just installed fibs 4.1 and glad I read this...better set the misses alarm..could have been bad if it didnt go off tommorow :D

Guest Frankish

- Car Home does not work

- All apps are installed on SDCard by default (causes FC's with apps running native code)

- Light sensor calibration is a work in progress

- Phone has a small delay after tapping the power button until it wakes up (the froyo builds are pretty much instant)

- performance still appears to lag randomly

- etc.

Once some of these get cleared up then I think it would be a good point to start putting out nightly builds for testing.

Car Home - Doesn't work for me either.

Alarms doesn't output audio - Does for me i just tested. Will test again. (Custom mp3 alarm tone)

Alarm dismiss = reboot - Not for me on the first test.

Proximity trouble - Bah i hate this one :D

Apps straight to sd - Not for me some were some installed to system, however i have since used Simple2ext to move everything to my ext partition.

Light sensor - 5 minute fix i don't mind.

Delay to wake up - Not experienced this yet and i have setcpu to go down to 122 when screen is off.

Performance lag randomly - Hmm i can't say this other than after pull down notification bar it's really hard to push back up? :D

Guest dmxpowa

btw if you disable Wallpaper hack and change the background on app drawer to black ADW runs pretty smooth even with static background.

Edited by dmxpowa

Guest simonckenyon

built cm7 from gitbout an hour ago. in no way am i complaining. i just wanted to provide an update on what i have found so far:

- the backlight at the end of a call does not work. connect to usb to restore

- the radio did not appear to work

- the whole system is responsive. i did not notice any lag/jitter anywhere

- cm settings crashes. kernel issue

what works:

- making calls

- wifi

- gps

- market

so all in all; pretty good.

i tried making changes to ..../config.xml as per flibblesan's tree. it did not appear to make any difference. even after i cleared the cache and the dalvik cache.

keep up the good work.

--

simon

Guest Frankish

Just done another test, left it for half an hour to go to "proper" sleep. Alarm still sounded and dismiss did not cause a reboot.

Guest evilpaul
Just done another test, left it for half an hour to go to "proper" sleep. Alarm still sounded and dismiss did not cause a reboot.

For me, the alarms were when connected to the charger. I'm not sure if this makes any difference.

I'll tell you again in 10 hours if it happens again...

Guest fonix232
- Car Home does not work As it has restricted access on the Market. Only a few devices can see it. Common problem with CM6 and CM7. Not a proper cause

- Alarms do not output any audio Haven't noticed this, are you sure the Alarm volume isn't at zero?

- Dismissing an alarm causes the phone to reboot (well, it has for me the past 2 mornings) Never happened to me

- Proximity sensor issues when ending a call Just use that freakin' light fix goddammit! Already added to the CM branch though...

- All apps are installed on SDCard by default (causes FC's with apps running native code) It is a Gingerbread default, apps what can be installed on SD card can set a flag to force installation on the SD card, and such, somewhy it breaks dynamic library linking. Minor problem.

- Light sensor calibration is a work in progress Not anymore. Care to read?

- Phone has a small delay after tapping the power button until it wakes up (the froyo builds are pretty much instant) Never noticed such, although had some hot reboots (no kernel reload) when unlocked just before the phone could settle after screen lock

- performance still appears to lag randomly Neither this one, performance is great, I say even better with JJ9 without overclock (AHB overclock kernel).

- etc. What else?

The problem with MP3 alarm sounds can be that the system's stagefright OMX Mp3 decoder is broken (just like AAC). Should be built from source, I've already provided Tom with the necessary sources.

Guest mvheuver
WOW...and, is there any newness?

No idea, I am just lurking here, will wait for braver people to test (still on JJ9, will switch once it is suitable for every day use)