[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Guest Rotmann
how do i install these ? using ClockworkMOd i just get "assert failed: getprop..." errors using install zip file from sd card method?

Read the first posts again and do exactly what it says, system format included

guys, where is the market app on this, i cant find it

nice work as well, really fast and super aesthetics

Read the first posts, for that you have to install gapps (google apps)

I use Charlatan Alarm (was called Clock+), and I've noticed it's FC'd after the first alarm has gone off (two days in a row).

Is it on the internal memory or on the card?

Guest DonJamal

wow so quick...RC, thats it! somebody tried out? use as a daily rom?

they say : "This version is a release candidate, but you will find it stable for everyday use" so i guess it has a lot of bug fixes

Edited by DonJamal

Guest eAlex79
wow so quick...RC, thats it! somebody tried out? use as a daily rom?

I do, though I had to change the auto screen brightness values, they reacted from 1 lu(-x?-men?abritray value?:D up to like 15 or what while the sensor gave between 15 and 500 indoors.

Guest Sebastian404
*** Sebastian's ClockworkMod recovery does not install this properly ***

I don't know why, but Sebastian's recovery doesn't format /system when installing CM7. Instead use this recovery image.

Hmmmm, someone pointed this out to me...

Using my build of 3.0.0.5, I tried installing it and it installed correctly....

I went back, and created some random files in /system, then installed the zip and the files I'd added into the system directory had gone.....

unless I'm missing something?

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest fonix232

I went back, and created some random files in /system, then installed the zip and the files I'd added into the system directory had gone.....

If your recovery includes the new Edify with the 3-argument format and 4-argument mount (for format, filesystem_type(yaffs2), base_type (MTD), partition_name (system), and also for mount, a new file system argument was added), then it should work. For me, it always returned Status 7 (format takes 2 arguments, script has 3).

Guest Sebastian404
If your recovery includes the new Edify with the 3-argument format and 4-argument mount (for format, filesystem_type(yaffs2), base_type (MTD), partition_name (system), and also for mount, a new file system argument was added), then it should work. For me, it always returned Status 7 (format takes 2 arguments, script has 3).

Its the version I had out a few weeks ago once tom pointed out the need to have the board name in default.prop... but its the busness about not formatting system that I'm confused about...

Tho having checked into the version linked on the first page, I see that TomG has built a whole new recovery, not just modified mine...

I guess its all going to be moot now, the way the CM7-RC thread has gone bezerk...

Edited by Sebastian404

I can't explain it. It wasn't formatting for me or a few ppl that were testing roms.

I did the same thing creating test files and they stayed there through the format. I thought it was a problem in the install script but made a recovery rom to test and my recovery worked fine.

The problem with MP3 alarm sounds can be that the system's stagefright OMX Mp3 decoder is broken (just like AAC). Should be built from source, I've already provided Tom with the necessary sources.

Umm... am I missing something. MP3 playback works fine, as do all other formats from what I've heard (I've tested MP3 and its working).

Edit. Ok, if you meant in my betas then yes it probably didn't work, but the problem was a bunch of files I forgot to include. It is working in RC1 (and should be working in some of the roms other people have built).

Edited by Tom G

Guest evilpaul
For me, the alarms were when connected to the charger. I'm not sure if this makes any difference.

I'll tell you again in 10 hours if it happens again...

Well, I installed RC1 yesterday and had no issues with the alarms this morining. good stuff!

Guest fonix232
Umm... am I missing something. MP3 playback works fine, as do all other formats from what I've heard (I've tested MP3 and its working).

Edit. Ok, if you meant in my betas then yes it probably didn't work, but the problem was a bunch of files I forgot to include. It is working in RC1 (and should be working in some of the roms other people have built).

Yes I meant it, without the shared libraries (what aren't included even in Beta4.1) it is kinda 'broken'. That caused the HD video playback to hang.

BTW, sorry to be off, but. The LG Optimus One has a DivX hardware decoder library, and the phone is based on the exact same chipset. Would it be possible to port that codec to our Blade?

Seb:

I had the problem of non-formatting with the old Betas (CM6 Beta 1-2 and CM7 Beta 2) but now there's no problem with the new builds (your stock 3.0.0.5 image).

BTW, sorry to be off, but. The LG Optimus One has a DivX hardware decoder library, and the phone is based on the exact same chipset. Would it be possible to port that codec to our Blade?

Oh yes. Pretty please. That would be so awesome.

Guest ololizoz
How you get wifi-tethering (mobile hotspot) on CM7 ...

1.) You need the "hostapd"-binary from any 2.2-rom (for the zte blade) - it's located in /system/bin (extract it from a update-zip-file).

2.) Now copy the hostapd-binary to /system/bin

adb remount

adb push hostapd /system/bin/.

adb shell chmod 0755 /system/bin/hostapd
3.) Install wifi/wireless-tether from the google-code page - I recommend the latest experimental version (version 3): http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list This version comes with/supports a toggle-widget, infrastructure/master-mode, wpa-encryption, access-control ... and other useful stuff like mss clamping ... IT'S NOT AD-HOC!
adb install wifi_tether_v3_0-pre5.apk

I'm sure it will be integrated into CM7 soon ... but in the meantime ...

Happy Tethering!

Why not the latest version?

EDIT: Also, the pre5 version is not available anymore...

Edited by ololizoz

Guest harry_m
Why not the latest version?

EDIT: Also, the pre5 version is not available anymore...

Use the latest version.

Even version 2.0.6 works (available in market).

You just need to copy the hostapd-binary ...