[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Guest Rotmann

This forum is a mess, CM7 nightlies (the better one, as there were too) topic got closed, the bad one remained opened. Some moderators need to be moderated around here :D And of course, this obsolete CM6 topic remains opened.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest Ashenfall
Lost a lot of confidence in CyanogenMod.

Bunch of clowns.

Just because the very first automated 'nightly' is broken? Seriously?!

Anyway, as said by others, that closed nightly thread should really have been the one CM thread kept open for talk regarding this.

EDIT: looks like been re-opened, so ignore :D

Edited by Ashenfall

Guest Rotmann

@skymera - you should look in the mirror and say that to yourself. You have no idea what CM is and what nightlies are, you are just a plain old n00b. Sit down, rejected! Nightlies get generated automatically, since it's the first one it seems it got borked.

Guest skymera
Just because the very first automated 'nightly' is broken? Seriously?!

Amongst other things, yes.

@skymera - you should look in the mirror and say that to yourself. You have no idea what CM is and what nightlies are, you are just a plain old n00b. Sit down, rejected! Nightlies get generated automatically, since it's the first one it seems it got borked.

Ha brilliant.

Edited by skymera

Lost a lot of confidence in CyanogenMod.

Bunch of clowns.

Its NOT a full working release yet, it's RC1 which means it is still a TEST rom, albeing "nearly ready" it is stated quite plainly there are flaws with it and it's a rom to test and see how it works/report bugs.

You use it at your own discression

And lets keep the thread on topic please - no flaming other posters

Guest fonix232

Dropped together a little test-fix, flash from recovery, should fix problems with RIL, camera, WiFi, OMX, and HW acceleration.

http://www.wuala.com/fonix232/Blade/ROM/Cy...od/7/fix_CM.zip

It won't fix though:

- FM Radio

- Camera autofocus

- Any other bug listed on the CM Bugtracker

The package isn't signed so you need CWM or disable package verification in RA!

Edited by fonix232

Guest Rotmann
And lets keep the thread on topic please - no flaming other posters

What topic? CM6 and 7 beta 3 don't exist anymore, this topic is obsolete and should be closed. CM7 RC1 should be reopened with all the bugs mentioned and the workarounds for the bugs in the first thread and with the warning for n00bs if they don't search the topic for fixes and keep asking the same questions all over, they will get warned. Simple enough, don't you think? Cheers.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
Dropped together a little test-fix, flash from recovery, should fix problems with RIL, camera, WiFi, OMX, and HW acceleration.

It won't fix though:

- FM Radio

- Camera autofocus

Can you post this on my topic, too, please?

It it works, i'll also add it as a temporary fix to my first post of hopeful togetherness

Its NOT a full working release yet, it's RC1 which means it is still a TEST rom, albeing "nearly ready" it is stated quite plainly there are flaws with it and it's a rom to test and see how it works/report bugs.

To be honest, this release of CyanogenMod is possibly a Alpha, maybe a Beta version. But it surely is no Release Candidate. Period. The Proximity Bug had to be a show stopper. Workarounds are just that: nifty, but still dirty work around the big issues. And they even don't work. Any given Custom ROM here on Modaco outplays this hasty piece of wanna-be-ROM.

Edited by bhf

Guest Doctor91

I have a question, is there a stagefright bug like in old 2.2 roms? Quadrant just after flashing showed me ~840 points but fps were similar to JJ RLS 9, but on JJ i had ~530 points with CPU set to 691mhz. I dont feel any difference in browsing with dolphin. Theoretically it should be a half faster :D

Guest skymera
To be honest, this release of CyanogenMod is possibly a Alpha, maybe a Beta version. But it surely is no Release Candidate. Period. The Proximity Bug had to be a show stopper. Workarounds are just that: nifty, but still dirty work around the big issues. And they even don't work. Any given Custom ROM here on Modaco outplays this hasty piece of wanna-be-ROM.

Agreed.

I have no idea why this was branded as an RC. Just hope the nightlies fix everything sharpish.

Edited by skymera

Guest fonix232

RC's what can be used as a daily software, but have a lot of bugs. The first RC's often does not have more needed things, like audio, or wireless.

And nope, they do not "play out" this ROM. It is the fastest, smallest, lightest ROM ever. You may won't notice but now it has a bit more RAM (428MB instead of 414) due to kernel optimization, a lot faster, and has more support than the previous ones. And, updated daily.

Guest fonix232

People you have simly no idea about what an RC is. Do not compare it with shitty Windows RC's, they AREN'T the same. CyanogenMod RC's are the releases what can be freely debugged, and for debugging! This is only like, a given basis, any bugs what happens should be reported only from it. Like, it is the officially supported one. Nightlies aren't supported, at least not so much like an RC. All fixes are merged when an RC is to be released, so these are like Service Packs.

Guest Ashenfall
RC's what can be used as a daily software, but have a lot of bugs. The first RC's often does not have more needed things, like audio, or wireless.

And nope, they do not "play out" this ROM. It is the fastest, smallest, lightest ROM ever. You may won't notice but now it has a bit more RAM (428MB instead of 414) due to kernel optimization, a lot faster, and has more support than the previous ones. And, updated daily.

Release Candidate is meant to be a build that can be considered for release - hence it shouldn't have many bugs. A release candidate should be a 'candidate for release' !

In this case, it's very misleading. The problem is that the general CM7.1 code appears to be at RC1, but the Blade specific code isn't at a Release Candidate level (not surprisingly), so I don't think the first build should have been labelled as such, and it actually does the Blade coders a disservice because it gives a false impression to people of how their code quality is.

Guest cooldfuzion

It won't fix though:

- FM Radio

- Camera autofocus

Tested your fix and everything works less the RiL part that is not working!

Edited by cooldfuzion

Guest fonix232
I made a fix and my RIL works ok. Maybe he forgot 2 ril related files... :D

I got all ril files :D

Directly from the CM extract script, checked three times :)

Guest skymera
There are really not that many major bugs though...yeah calls proximity and camera autofocus...that's about it for the major ones.

- Desktop scrolling without LWP is laggy

- Headset buttons don't work

- Vol buttons don't change song when option enabled

- Vol controls don't work with screen off

Some of the ones I consider major atm.