[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Guest fonix232
Is any one else having problems playing angry birds on this rom?

My blade will not play vids on you tube or angry birds!

Stagefright is only fixed in CM7, so you will have to disable it (don't ask, I don't know the property names).

Guest droidvirgin
Stagefright is only fixed in CM7, so you will have to disable it (don't ask, I don't know the property names).

Thanks Fonix, Is it worth installing the beta 2 rom and if so will this make angry birds etc work. As I only installed the beta 1 rom and this is the one which will not play vids or games etc.

Guest droidvirgin
Angry Birds working fine in beta 2, tho i preferred it with overclocking

Oh thats good, thanks for letting me know. How are you finding the rom overall? Is it ok for everyday use as the beta 1 rom kept force closing on so much stuff I went back to Flibblesan's rom.

Guest oh!dougal
@Tom G: Have you talked to KK about radio? iirc he fixed it in the kernel for Japanese Jelly.

Of course, that assumes it's related to the previous problem.

Oh, wouldn't it be great if the dev's (especially kernel developers) could work, if not together, then in co-operation with a shared single 'tree' for the source code ... ?

Guest droidvirgin
Games are working fine, youtube seems to be a bit buggy for me atleast, sometimes it hangs, sometimes it doesn't.

Are you having any issues with the phone rebooting? I had this issue everytime I tried to update titanium backup from the market it downloaded OK and when it started to install it made the phone reboot everytime and would not complete installation.

Is the GPS fixed now as this would not work?

Guest oh!dougal
... How are you finding the rom overall? Is it ok for everyday use as the beta 1 rom kept force closing on so much stuff I went back to Flibblesan's rom.

Its not clear that everyone understands what 'beta' means ...

Guest droidvirgin
Its not clear that everyone understands what 'beta' means ...

I know what beta means and accept there are bugs in the rom. I am asking these questions so I can decide if I want to install the rom again or leave it for a bit longer until Tom G works more magic.

Is any one else having problems playing angry birds on this rom?

My blade will not play vids on you tube or angry birds!

I am on the beta2 and angry birds works just fine. The intro has quite a big lag in the the other 2.2 roms, on this CM6 rom it is only minimal.

About youtube, well there must be something broken in beta2 because I remember playing a video on beta1 just fine. Stagefright problem?

Still for a second beta, this is extremely good.

Edited by LVL91

Guest droidvirgin
I like being up to date so I always have 'beta's as daily stuff ;)

Your quite right, with all these new roms becoming available its like christmas everyday.

Guest leetron1

Can anyone say a few words about system size for the beta2...am on JJ RLS9 with 128MB for /system

Would I need to alter partition layout to install the CM beta2?

Guest steviem

I'm on Beta 2, it's pretty good so far, just a couple of questions:

0x90, how do you edit the file to make the home button work properly

and

How do I get adb in linux to see my phone again, using the udev settings for jj seems that I have the problems I had before (?????????? No Permissions).

Also mp3s aren't playing for me either, with a toast message coming up saying sorry this cannot be played.

Guest fonix232
same exept with alpha i just can't resist....

op/no not yet mate

I would be the same, on my old G1 I always had the latest daily of CM ;)

By the way, looks like the AOSP-build fixed the WiFi problem totally. Not just it won't disconnect, it stays on forever ;)

Currently on Beta2, with the proper keylayout and some personal mods :D

Guest SWOriginal
I'm on Beta 2, it's pretty good so far, just a couple of questions:

0x90, how do you edit the file to make the home button work properly

Also mp3s aren't playing for me either, with a toast message coming up saying sorry this cannot be played.

Mp3 fix - browse the zip with archive manager (Linux) and delete libOmxMp3Dec.so fro system/lib/

home fix - browse (archive manager) and open the file with a text editor

Edited by SWOriginal