[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Guest cobalt01

I've had a few problems with 6.1 beta 2 as well. Know some been said before. Cleaned installed the rom (deleted old cache etc) then installed gapps hdpi. All went well on clockwork 2.5 but kept getting screen freeze on the dropdown and would come stable again. Then it frooze all together. Also sometimes touch screen wont work but buttons do. Sometimes hangs when answering a call and when on a call can hear beeps when pressed the buttons but screen stays black have restart by pulling battery out. Home button locks screen (know there's a fix for it).

Other than that great work Tom G great work. The rom seemed great besides this. Will try again sometime.

Guest fonix232
The GPS fix on the Pulse was to use libs from an official rom. That isn't working for me at the moment in CM6, so we might need to actually fix the problem this time.

For now it works, so it wont be a priority.

Is Kallt's radio fix available somewhere.

You forgot the camera not working. It is partially working in the next release which should be up a bit later.

Is that a problem in the ZTE roms? I took all of the Omx libs from one of the Chinese roms.

Yea I forgot, I don't use camera so often that's why I didn't thought about it :P

As for GPS, the reboot bug appears for me if I only switch it off (so no need to toggle two times, one switch is enough).

And, did anyone noticed some very high power drain? I've disabled everything (GPS, BT, WiFi, Sync), backlight at minimum, and still, over night (from 00:00 to 09:00) it drained 40%. JJ RLS9 only drained a few percent in such conditions (4-5% usually).

And, did anyone noticed some very high power drain? I've disabled everything (GPS, BT, WiFi, Sync), backlight at minimum, and still, over night (from 00:00 to 09:00) it drained 40%. JJ RLS9 only drained a few percent in such conditions (4-5% usually).

~30% overnight (about 8 hours)

Guest hecatae
overclocked kernel would be nice, I'd prefer CM7 tho :P

when I tried JJ kernel it got stuck on boot :D

JJ kernel is based on japanese build, this kernel is from the chinese leak, so trying the MCR kernel or Flibblesans may work.

might resolve power issue

edit mcr r11 kernel stuck on boot

Edited by hecatae

Guest jurrasstoil
JJ kernel is based on japanese build, this kernel is from the chinese leak, so trying the MCR kernel or Flibblesans may work.

might resolve power issue

don't mcr, flb and jj use the same kernel source ie. the one that zte released in early january?

Guest fonix232
don't mcr, flb and jj use the same kernel source ie. the one that zte released in early january?

Nope, MCR is Paul's own kernel (lots of modifications to the source), JJ too (Kallt's overclock and AHB overclock kernel), FLB I have no guess.

But the source is the same, yes!

Guest UbaRolfey
it would be nice so if Kallt could make his JJ kernel(s) Cyanogen compatible! :P

I second that, I've tried out every Cyanogenmod rom, and although the extra features are very nice and the boot screen is cool, once you get down to it, it's nowhere near as smooth or fast as the JJ rom yet, I really support the cyanogen rom, but I think if your running it, you're always going to have that niggling feeling that your not running the fastest or most optimized rom, In my humble opinion, most people are always drawn toward the fastest and the smoothest. and at the moment I have to say that the JJ series is hard to beat for that.

If we get a JJ Rom optimised for Cyanogen, then I think we could have something quite special :D

Mike

Guest fonix232
I second that, I've tried out every Cyanogenmod rom, and although the extra features are very nice and the boot screen is cool, once you get down to it, it's nowhere near as smooth or fast as the JJ rom yet, I really support the cyanogen rom, but I think if your running it, you're always going to have that niggling feeling that your not running the fastest or most optimized rom, In my humble opinion, most people are always drawn toward the fastest and the smoothest. and at the moment I have to say that the JJ series is hard to beat for that.

If we get a JJ Rom optimised for Cyanogen, then I think we could have something quite special :P

Mike

Well, the stuff isn't smooth because the hardware acceleration for the UI is switched off.

Very high battery usage indeed, 9 hours in standby and it dropped 20% with no gps, sync etc on. Must be the phones radio because the phones been sleeping all the time and I have little to no CPU usage in that time?

Guest UbaRolfey
Well, the stuff isn't smooth because the hardware acceleration for the UI is switched off.

Are you suggesting that that if I was to enable hwui in the build.prop it would be better? It's not just the smoothness, I found the Cyangenmod was a bit glitchy, sticking at some points, you cannot easily change your home screen because the home screen has now been used for switching off the screen ( I know key mapping can be changed ) when I was running JJ rom before without hwui on, it still wasn't as choppy, and I didn't get freezing say in the keyboard.

I really like the look and feel of the Cyanogenmod, really, but it's not quite up to the performance of the JJ, that's all I was saying. Tom had done such a bang up job porting at AT ALL, and I'm still waiting to donate a pint to him once he puts up a link : )

it's well deserved.

Mike

Guest fonix232
Are you suggesting that that if I was to enable hwui in the build.prop it would be better? It's not just the smoothness, I found the Cyangenmod was a bit glitchy, sticking at some points, you cannot easily change your home screen because the home screen has now been used for switching off the screen ( I know key mapping can be changed ) when I was running JJ rom before without hwui on, it still wasn't as choppy, and I didn't get freezing say in the keyboard.

I really like the look and feel of the Cyanogenmod, really, but it's not quite up to the performance of the JJ, that's all I was saying. Tom had done such a bang up job porting at AT ALL, and I'm still waiting to donate a pint to him once he puts up a link : )

it's well deserved.

Mike

As the framework haven't got the settings for the HWUI flag, I guess you can't switch it on :P

I had no glitches, some lil fix to the keylayout, and you can safely change your homescreen. Of course animations are slow and "sticking at some points" as HW acceleration for the UI is off, but that's all.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
As the framework haven't got the settings for the HWUI flag, I guess you can't switch it on :P

I had no glitches, some lil fix to the keylayout, and you can safely change your homescreen. Of course animations are slow and "sticking at some points" as HW acceleration for the UI is off, but that's all.

Wait wait wait, I thought the HWUI has already been found to do nothing but drain battery a bit faster? I've been running with it off in MCR r11 for ages, and it's been as smooth as silk. I think it's all glitchy and hanging because it's just plainly not optimised yet.

Also, Tom G, any advancements in the realm of CM7? I think for a lot of us, that's definitely a target that we would love to see reached. It'd also make you the king of Rom developers, a shining beacon of Gingerbread amidst the (still admittedly good) Froyos.

clockworkmod installed the 3.0.0.5 and now does not reboot into recovery.

someone help me??

+1 for 2.3, we've got enough froyo roms imo.

Been wondering, what benefits are there for us?

With using 2.3+?

I can't think of anything "real" usefulness with 2.3+, wouldn't it be better to make a "perfect" AOSP rom for our device?

Guest punkmilitia

Hey all, I know some of you may be a bit worried to go through the zip and fix stuff yourself so I thought i'd upload a fix rom, however my linux isn't being too nice to me lately so I couldn't fix the mp3 problem, however I did fix the button problem, I know it's not much, but hopefully will help some of those who don't want to muddle around with files they don't know.

BladeCyanogen6.1R2.1

MD5: 8CDA97EBC15EF18D6F56F4E7AC89E8C0

Before installing Cyanogen, make sure you have the Latest Clockwork otherwise you will run into problems.

Once you know you have the latest clockwork then simply install Cyanogen then if you want gapps Click Here to download them then simply flash them on with clockwork.

Hope it helps a few people, sorry it's not much.

Edited by punkmilitia

Guest UbaRolfey
Wait wait wait, I thought the HWUI has already been found to do nothing but drain battery a bit faster? I've been running with it off in MCR r11 for ages, and it's been as smooth as silk. I think it's all glitchy and hanging because it's just plainly not optimised yet.

Also, Tom G, any advancements in the realm of CM7? I think for a lot of us, that's definitely a target that we would love to see reached. It'd also make you the king of Rom developers, a shining beacon of Gingerbread amidst the (still admittedly good) Froyos.

+1 there, this is the point I was trying to make, I don't think it's anything to do with the hwui, it IS glitchy and it DOES hang a bit, and it because it just needs a little more work I suspect, I keep feeling like the bad guy pointing it out.

Mike

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

With using 2.3+?

I can't think of anything "real" usefulness with 2.3+, wouldn't it be better to make a "perfect" AOSP rom for our device?

Well, considering, such things that Cyanogenmod 7 brings along includes working Stagefright (finally), faster javascript and a million little improvements, coupled with the fact that Gingerbread is, well, Gingerbread. It seems that, if you were to go for a ROM, why waste time with an AOSP rom, and instead go with the much fixed CM, which, also IS an AOSP rom, with just some handy fixes.

I don't want to come across as an evangelist, but it just seems sensible. And it can be done, now we have RIL all fixed up.

EDIT: Also, sorry for the propensity of commas in the first paragraph. I'll leave them there to highlight my grammatical failure.

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin

Guest rayraven

With using 2.3+?

And what are the problems with the current 2.2 roms you have?

All the devs with froyo roms have been very receptive of ideas and bug reports.

I for one have no issues with JJ rom since i installed.

2.3 brings a lot of backend improvements and many things for game devs.

Also, think it's supposed to have better hardware accel abilities.