Hardware pictures PoV (Vega) and Smartbook 360 WITH UMTS (should be retrofit in VEGA)

Guest XN04113

Guest beegee1962
so basicly if i added em770W one ill egt a GPS on work too? but what about software part? all the roms support this features (GPS + 3G)??

My Huawei EM770W has no GPS.

I got problems with some of the custom ROMs. Support for the Huawei seems to miss, the Ericsson seems to be better supported, but I can test only the Huawei card.

Guest okobaka

Hello,

My Huawei EM770W has no GPS.

The official datasheet (attached) proves that HUAWEI EM770W does really have hardware GPS functionality and there are AT commands to turn it on and off. Maybe someone of you will be able to play with it via PuTTY installed on the rooted tablet.

Please share then your experience with us here :mellow:

HUAWEI_EM770W_Datasheet_V3_0.pdf

Edited by okobaka

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iemand met een pov

I mailed with POV and they told me:

Please check if there is a SIM symbol printed on your slot, if so you have the 3g preparation built in.

We use the HUAWEI EM770W module. You can add this yourself but if you damage the product the warranty will be void.

I opened it anyway and indeed, I have the symbol printed on the socket, card socket and antenna is present. I only need to insert the mini pci-e card, connect the antenna and thats all.

Asked them now which card they advice for UMTS and GPS, waiting for a responsen now. I'll keep you posted.

Guest beegee1962
Hello,

The official datasheet (attached) proves that HUAWEI EM770W does really have hardware GPS functionality and there are AT commands to turn it on and off. Maybe someone of you will be able to play with it via PuTTY installed on the rooted tablet.

Please share then your experience with us here :unsure:

Ups, missed that post.

Will try tonite with the info from the datasheet.

Maybe finally I get the GPS running in my Viewpad 10s.

Thank you for the datasheet.

Guest okobaka
Ups, missed that post.

Will try tonite with the info from the datasheet.

Maybe finally I get the GPS running in my Viewpad 10s.

Thank you for the datasheet.

Command that turns on GPS is AT^WPDGP. To turn it off issue command AT^WPEND. These commands should be sent to Control Interface (if any) port or maybe just into modem port.

Hope this will help. Keep us posted :unsure:

By the way, I have info that you should re-flash frimware AFTER installing the modem card, otherwise it won't recognise it. So be aware.

Edited by okobaka

Guest okobaka

There are two antenna connectors in POV, one with green and white stripes, another with green stripe only. The meening of this is:

GREEN only - 3G (MAIN)

GREEN and WHITE - AUX (and GPS)

This info from 4pda.ru member tikoly. Thanks to him.

Guest beegee1962
Command that turns on GPS is AT^WPDGP. To turn it off issue command AT^WPEND. These commands should be sent to Control Interface (if any) port or maybe just into modem port.

Hope this will help. Keep us posted :unsure:

By the way, I have info that you should re-flash frimware AFTER installing the modem card, otherwise it won't recognise it. So be aware.

No success so far with the commands. Tried to send to all USB ports that the Huawei occupies, but still nothing. No application detects a GPS.

DMESG shows that the card is detected, 6 USB ports are assigned (strange as in the datasheet they talk about 5). 3G is working (since ever), but no GPS detected. Checked the /system/lib and the necessary .so files are in. shuttle_ins.sh checks for the GPS and assignes the correct .so files, but GPS seems to be dead.

Anybody knows a program where I can set the ports to communicate directly with the GPS and see the raw output?

No success so far with the commands. Tried to send to all USB ports that the Huawei occupies, but still nothing. No application detects a GPS.

DMESG shows that the card is detected, 6 USB ports are assigned (strange as in the datasheet they talk about 5). 3G is working (since ever), but no GPS detected. Checked the /system/lib and the necessary .so files are in. shuttle_ins.sh checks for the GPS and assignes the correct .so files, but GPS seems to be dead.

Anybody knows a program where I can set the ports to communicate directly with the GPS and see the raw output?

try to write an email to Huawei

Guest pumo

I put my gps antenna solving thoughts also here (also in ganbarou rom topic).

does anyone know what means diversity antenna?

so can I upgrade antenna to external gps antenna which could be found cheep from ebay.

how ever I think those are all active, so wont work or even break something?

huawei 3g module datasheet page 56 4. gps antenna:

"gps antenna is physically shared with the receive diversity antenna. now only passive gps antenna is supported"

Edited by pumo

Guest iemand met een pov

Hi all, I have the same issue.

Insterted the card and the POV tablet with corvus5 Rom recognizes GPS. but when i start google maps, it stays waiting for location. Also several other apps do recognize a GPS but cannot find a location.

Mailed Huawei for explanation. Keep you posted.

Greetz

Andrew

Edited by iemand met een pov

Guest iemand met een pov

PS. can anyone explain how I can send the AT commands to the interface? I dont know linux so beyond hyperterminal connecting to com x I am lost.

Which program should i use and how can i then open the interface to send the command?

Thanks for your help :-)

Guest okobaka
PS. can anyone explain how I can send the AT commands to the interface? I dont know linux so beyond hyperterminal connecting to com x I am lost.

Try any terminal program. You may want to look for PuTTY-like tools ported to Android (or just use ConnectBot and SuperUser to go to command line and try echo/cat). Then open /dev/*** device using ths terminal program (you'd determine actual device name by yourself as it can be different on some firmwares/kernels). Good luck!

Guest okobaka
I put my gps antenna solving thoughts also here (also in ganbarou rom topic).

does anyone know what means diversity antenna?

so can I upgrade antenna to external gps antenna which could be found cheep from ebay.

how ever I think those are all active, so wont work or even break something?

huawei 3g module datasheet page 56 4. gps antenna:

"gps antenna is physically shared with the receive diversity antenna. now only passive gps antenna is supported"

POV Tegra tablet already have both antennas if it have SIM reader slot.

Diversity antenna is used for improving SNR ratio in 3G and for GPS receiver. So be careful to connect it to the proper socket on modem card.

Guest matusalens

Guys, I speaking with manufacturer about possibility of sell adapter card and cable to connect motherboard and adapter.

When i have price i tell for all

Guest pumo
POV Tegra tablet already have both antennas if it have SIM reader slot.

Diversity antenna is used for improving SNR ratio in 3G and for GPS receiver. So be careful to connect it to the proper socket on modem card.

ok thanks.

any idea what kind of antennas there can be connected to improve gps signal ?

Guest windin101
Guys, I speaking with manufacturer about possibility of sell adapter card and cable to connect motherboard and adapter.

When i have price i tell for all

Mate if this is true it would be absolutely amazing

I wold love to get red of my internal dongle bodge

Guest matusalens
Mate if this is true it would be absolutely amazing

I wold love to get red of my internal dongle bodge

Hey guys,

the seller of manufacturer firstsing, where I buy mine Advent Vega dont want sell me parts.

He have all parts needed to put 3g on our tablets, but he dont sell, only sell Tablets.

Now he have 3g model to sell, but for U$400

Guest beegee1962
Hey guys,

the seller of manufacturer firstsing, where I buy mine Advent Vega dont want sell me parts.

He have all parts needed to put 3g on our tablets, but he dont sell, only sell Tablets.

Now he have 3g model to sell, but for U$400

At least you got an answer. I contacted Shuttle (the OEM manufacturer) and WSL (the local seller in Japan) and they didn't even reply to my emails.

Guest buyadroid
At least you got an answer. I contacted Shuttle (the OEM manufacturer) and WSL (the local seller in Japan) and they didn't even reply to my emails.

Yup same here

• 5 months later...
Guest mihaidsn

I have contacted a manufacturer of dvc p10 tablet from China. DVC p10 is same as advent vega, viewsonic 10s etc. He sent me those links for 3g module parts and battery replacement.

now the 3G mould : http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/708928/211271239-508157547/3G-mould-for-navid-tegra-2-android-3-2-tablet-pc-1-5GHZ-dual-core-built.html the battery link : http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/708928/211271239-508154649/battery-for-navid-tegra-2-android-3-2-tablet-pc-1-5GHZ-dual-core-built-in.html