StreakDroid 1.7.0 ( aka HD7 Edition ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest spiderboyy

Are there any video chat applications that will work with this new build? I like fring, but I doubt the devs are going to change their ways any time soon

Are there any video chat applications that will work with this new build? I like fring, but I doubt the devs are going to change their ways any time soon

try ooVoo

Guest Roperband

Hmmm, I'm not really a huge fan of the new dialer. It just looks so small in the stock screen density.

EDIT: tried to flash a kitchen theme and I'm now stuck at a half cracked Dell boot screen. Any tips?

Edited by Roperband

Guest brian82

I just installed 1.7.0 from 1.5.3 and Im not getting any internet connection, neither with WIFI nor with 3G. It was fine right before I installed this build.

Are you guys experiencing the same issue?

It does connect to my home network and the 3G, but all pages show like the connection failed, so does gmail app.

I will go back to 1.5.3 in the meantime.

Guest stoney1973

Thanks Steven, great rom. My only complaint I guess is the font, its killing my eyes. cant read the forums on the browsers(which Ive never had a problems with before this build).

How to change it?

Guest brian82
I just installed 1.7.0 from 1.5.3 and Im not getting any internet connection, neither with WIFI nor with 3G. It was fine right before I installed this build.

Are you guys experiencing the same issue?

It does connect to my home network and the 3G, but all pages show like the connection failed, so does gmail app.

I will go back to 1.5.3 in the meantime.

I guess I fixed it by removing the us160 option from the install.txt

The one thing I dont like is that in order to hang up you have to press the menu to bring the hang up button

Guest Stephen Hyde

Just change the fonts folder with one from 161 . And dialer isnt perfect I no. still examining it.....least it works on higher screen denistys though

Guest tjagolf33

Great build, Steve! Only issue I've found so far is that Video Live Wallpaper still force-closes. :P Otherwise, gj!

Edit: Also noticed that, when charging the phone while it's off, the battery meter fills right-to-left instead of left-to-right. Probably b/c 322 was an HK build. Certainly not a big thing, though.

Edited by tjagolf33

Guest stalkachu

Just flashed, all great.

Just one problem...facebook is syncing perfectly (great!) but every time I go into the facebook app and try to open messages I get a 'can't find mailbox' error followed by a FC. Is that just me?

Thanks for all your work!

Take care,

Stalks

Guest stalkachu

Also, Slacker Radio just gives me a Tuning Error, Error Code 400 when trying to select a station.

Just letting you know. @_@

[Edit: Also, it installed ADW again, even though I didn't ask it to. Same as in 1.6.1.]

Edited by stalkachu

Guest TheSacredSoul
1.7.0 beta 7 internet works fine, flashed 1.7.0 final and cannot get browser to connect, both wifi and 3g are borked.

Weird. Both 3G and Wifi works fine for me. Tried on both stock browser and Dolphin.

Flashed 1.7.0 with install.txt of:

us160

perfmod

stockphone

Blue tooth voice dial is working...Thanks!!!!

Only issue is connecting to wifi. WPA/WPA2 PSK network. Tried my wife's Streak running stock Dell 1.6 and it still connects fine.Attached is logcat file.

It starts conect, says optaining an ip address, and then does not connect.

It worked fine in 1.6.1

Great Job Steve....Micahel Dell should be at your door with a bag of cash and keys to his jet

UPDATE: Did hard reset on router, and still have the same problem connecting to wifi.

UPDATE 2: Saw on Streaksmart to tell connection "forget", re-enter key, and then REBOOT. This works if Wifi is on when you reboot, if you reboot with wifi off, then you will not/cannot connect when you reboot. if wifi is on when you reboot, then you can toggle wifi on and off and it will connect. (At reboot it connects right away to the network) SO it appears that if wifi is on when you reboot, then you are ok, otherwise you cannot connect.

log_wifi_issue.txt

Edited by lukew

Guest cowballz
Flashed 1.7.0 with install.txt of:

us160

perfmod

stockphone

Blue tooth voice dial is working...Thanks!!!!

Only issue is connecting to wifi. WPA/WPA2 PSK network. Tried my wife's Streak running stock Dell 1.6 and it still connects fine.Attached is logcat file.

It starts conect, says optaining an ip address, and then does not connect.

It worked fine in 1.6.1

Great Job Steve....Micahel Dell should be at your door with a bag of cash and keys to his jet

Agreed dell should def make a donation to him for taking there first born out of the trash, 2.2 still not avalable for att streak, no way in hell i was going to live with that rom this whole time, somone should write a letter to dell about steves work and post it on there facebook, twitter, email mr dell himself, company relies on him for his work , a donation from.a company with so much cash wouldnt hurt them.

Edited by cowballz