StreakDroid 1.7.0 ( aka HD7 Edition ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest kirkla79
Flashed 1.7.0 with install.txt of:

us160

perfmod

stockphone

Blue tooth voice dial is working...Thanks!!!!

Only issue is connecting to wifi. WPA/WPA2 PSK network. Tried my wife's Streak running stock Dell 1.6 and it still connects fine.Attached is logcat file.

It starts conect, says optaining an ip address, and then does not connect.

It worked fine in 1.6.1

Great Job Steve....Micahel Dell should be at your door with a bag of cash and keys to his jet

I have had this issue before and the only way I could connect again was by doing a hard reset on the router.

Guest RyanPhoner

Just updated to 1.7.0 and things went smooth. Have a black ATT locked streak and used the following install.txt

perfmod

us180

volboost

bios

Only issue I found was that Facebook app was an older version (no chat or check-in) and was in the system/app folder so renamed it and rebooted and installed latest version.

Thanks Steve for another great build.

Ryan

Guest alexmoi
I'm on 1.5.3 NOBB with RebelSim. Can I go straight to 1.7.0?

Will my files/apps be retained?

TIA

Should be no problem. Just don't do any factory reset and make sure to add in the .txt file "nobaseband". I had the rebel sim card and stopped using it since rebel started to sell a in home unlocking software

Guest alexmoi
Just updated to 1.7.0 and things went smooth. Have a black ATT locked streak and used the following install.txt

perfmod

us180

volboost

bios

Only issue I found was that Facebook app was an older version (no chat or check-in) and was in the system/app folder so renamed it and rebooted and installed latest version.

Thanks Steve for another great build.

Ryan

If you have a more up to date apps then the one in the zip file. You can also open up the zipfile and juste change the appropriate apk file before installing a new version of streakdroid

Guest jeffrohurt

Hey. Updated to 1.7.0 from stock 318. Install.txt is:

stageui

density240

volboost

us240

bios

noswype

perfmod

The only issues I've come across so far is that I had to do a factory reset after installation due to going to 240 density and all programs fc'ing and a weird one: when texting and trying to pick a new contact, it's virtually impossible to see who you're selecting. The text box is very small and words are only partially shown. Going to try and go down to 200 but I really like 240. Screen is more vibrant.

Anyone else with these issues?

Guest Pico Salazar

I'm having the same problem with accessing the internet. Tried WiFi and HSPA, nothing.

BIOS

Zeam

US160

Perfmod

edit: scratch that, after a reboot it just won't connect via WiFi, HSPA works fine.

Edited by Pico Salazar

Guest cowballz

installed latest rom, factory reset, 3g and wifi work perfectly, removed facebook out of app folder and installed threw market works perfect. perfect rom, off to testing gameloft games, also wallpapers arent borked anymore

also adfree is now up and running!!!!

Edited by cowballz

Guest foxhoundep3

im getting a lot of FC's with the Streak 7 phone app. I also couldnt change the brightness with smartbar+mysettings like i used, had to go to the main settings and change the brightness, will try to install the apps after i reflash without the streak 7 dialer and report back

Guest cowballz
im getting a lot of FC's with the Streak 7 phone app. I also couldnt change the brightness with smartbar+mysettings like i used, had to go to the main settings and change the brightness, will try to install the apps after i reflash without the streak 7 dialer and report back

New Dell streak dialer should only be used if your using 240 dpi i believe, im using new dialer with 240 and its works beautifully if i wer to go back to 160dpi i would go back to reg dialer cus its built for 160. Please correct me if im wrong

installed and updated to 1.7.0. WIFI and 3G both seem to not work. Wifi shows connected even getting an IP Address from the Router but browser/market nothing works. 3G Shows connected but no internet.

Anyone got a fix?

Guest WakeRider89

Had issues with 1.6.1 rebooting and tabmail not working, went back to 1.5.1

Just upped to 1.7 from 1.5.1 and tabmail force closes everytime i hit load more messages....

Any suggestions?

should be fine, without deleting files in bin

Steve, youre going to have let us test final builds before you push them out :P

Beta v7 no issues with connection...

Haven't checked the final zip yet, sounds like a permissions error, or certs

Guest DeathOfAllThings

I miss the battery percentage/icon from 1.6.0. What was wrong with it?

I have no numbers on my dialer in landscape... not sure if that's normal.

Everything else seems to be working good for me so far on this rom.

Guest Roperband
New Dell streak dialer should only be used if your using 240 dpi i believe, im using new dialer with 240 and its works beautifully if i wer to go back to 160dpi i would go back to reg dialer cus its built for 160. Please correct me if im wrong

Can someone post a screenshot of the Streak with 240 dpi? I would love to see the difference between that and stock.

Also, how would you change back to the regular dialer once you've upgraded to 1.7?

I miss the battery percentage/icon from 1.6.0. What was wrong with it?

I have no numbers on my dialer in landscape... not sure if that's normal.

Everything else seems to be working good for me so far on this rom.

The new dialer should open youre normal ime on numeric setting when you press the text entry window (the grey bar), or rotate it to portrait to get dialler..

Can someone post a screenshot of the Streak with 240 dpi? I would love to see the difference between that and stock.

Also, how would you change back to the regular dialer once you've upgraded to 1.7?

reflash with the option in install.txt

Had issues with 1.6.1 rebooting and tabmail not working, went back to 1.5.1

Just upped to 1.7 from 1.5.1 and tabmail force closes everytime i hit load more messages....

Any suggestions?

Clear dalvik cache and/or data for tab mail

Guest cowballz

Very easy, download root explore, navigate to system/build.prop, hold down build.prop and hit use text editor, find edit lcd editor and change from 160 or 240

Guest jonnybruce

for those with menu unlock installed...

you must disable it before flashing 1.7 (or you will be locked out and will have to pull battery)

Then reenable it after update, works fine then.

Guest prawnballs
the facebook app is extremely outdated, i cant even update it from the market :P

To fix, use rootexplorer to go to sys/app select facebook.apk, move to sdcard (just in case something goes wrong), exit out, reboot, go to market and download facebook again.. You'll then be on the latest version.