StreakDroid 1.7.0 ( aka HD7 Edition ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Spike8585

Hey Steve, would you be able to post a modified boot.img for for those of us using a larger than 2GB internal SD?

Or tell me how to modify it myself so that I am self-sufficient?

Looking forward to trying out 1.7.

I hope Radient HD works on this one.

Guest payneardo

hi, thanx for another excellent release again but just got a question about the battery icon in the menu bar, it was stuck on 100 and now on 80 but my widget is saying 75%, what increments does it go down in ??

Cheers :P

Guest auswims
for those with menu unlock installed...

you must disable it before flashing 1.7 (or you will be locked out and will have to pull battery)

Then reenable it after update, works fine then.

Diabled. Reflashed. Still locks up

Deleted app. Cleared cached. Cleared Davlik. Reflashed. Still locks up.

Thinking I will do a full fact reset..

Guest FunkeeC

To throw my experience out here, i flashed 1.7 last night upgrading from 1.6.1. I was experiencing the problems w/ wireless data and wifi other posters have reported. Tried simply reflashing 1.7 which did not help. Next I tried the factory reset from 1.7 which worked flawlessly. Seems to have corrected my data problems. Still in the process of reinstalling and setting up everything how I like it so will report back if further issues arise.

Guest bhull521

OK, I just flashed from 32211 US to 1.7.0.

Flash Clockwork then immediately went into flash 170.

Everything works fine, good job Steve.

I started at 240 res but ended up back at 160 my preference.

Started with Transparent but reflashed to no transparent again my preference.

Each reflash went smooth.

I had the no 3G error, so I did a factory reset from streakmod and got a bootloop. I rebooted a few times, re-flashed, rebooted a few times, factory reset, rebooted a few times and I still can't get it to come up. Should I factory reset from the other option before going into Streakmod?

I'm gonna keep messing around, I'll post when I find the right combination. Feel free to tell me what I'm doing wrong :-D

EDIT:

I wasn't able to factory reset from 151, so I nandroid restored to 160 and did a factory reset from the 1st menu (before selecting Software Update via Update.pkg to enter streakmod) and then flashed 170 and everything works fine so far. I dunno why I seem to be the only one that 151 won't work for, I couldn't even get it to boot. So if your having trouble with 151 try 160 and factory reset from the 1st menu.

Edited by v1nsai

Guest baastien

Hi

Does anyone know how to enable GPS with this 1.7.0 ? 3G and wifi issues seem to be fixed. But I can't find the solution for GPS. Hope someone knows !

Edited by baastien

The connections are all messed up.

If you boot with the wifi turned on, only the wifi will work.

If you boot on 3g only 3g will work.

I also found it does not manuallt switch between 2g and 3g. I tried to switch to 2g (GSM) and it did switch, but it will not go back to 3g (wcdma)

I will stick to the previous build till this is fixed.

I appreciate the hard work Steve though.

Had the same problem with 1.7.0. Did a factory reset at the recommendation of Fards, and it solved all connectivity and switching issues.

Works perfectly now.

Guest alexmoi
Hi

Does anyone know how to enable GPS with this 1.7.0 ? 3G and wifi issues seem to be fixed. But I can't find the solution for GPS. Hope someone knows !

Do you use a rebel simcard?

Guest alert_bri

All perfectly fine here... Simple update from 1.6.1 - no factory rest required and I like the new system font.

Top job! Thanks to everyone involved, including all the brave beta testers!

Cheers

Brian

Guest auswims
don't have menu unlock installed anymore but pressing menu still locks the phone up.

Same herd. A factory reset did not solve the problem.

Anyone have any suvvestions?

Flashed this coming from 1.6.1. No factory reset, just straight update using clockwork.

Everything seems to be functioning well.

Another fantastic piece of work guys.

Without the hard work put in by you guys, this device really wouldn't be worth owning.

Guest alexmoi
*Facepalm*

There is 3 different places to factory reset and most people just mention "factory reseting". So it's normal that some people will ask witch one to use. Alot of people are fearful of the mystical "streak bricking" so when you start with this stuff you take baby steps. It's not a 50$ product so the fear is understandable.

As for the question of factory reset. I haven't used a factory reset in a while. So i have no idea witch one works good with this version. But trial and error is the best way to find out. If it screws up your streak. Well just start the process over from an earlier version. When i get boot loops or any of the other problems. I go strait back to an official android os then strait back to the latest version. Keep in mind that when you finish installing a new version and you try to start an app that you already had before the update and it gives you FC's. Just restart your streak a couple of time and let it settle in. Worked like a charm on all my updates :P

Guest Luxusxda
don't have menu unlock installed anymore but pressing menu still locks the phone up.

+1

The problem persists even after factory reset.

density 180

launcherpro

gbkb

perfmod

bios

EDIT:

after a couple more resets and cache clears I went back to 1.6.1 with nandroid.

Edited by Luxusxda

There is 3 different places to factory reset and most people just mention "factory reseting". So it's normal that some people will ask witch one to use. Alot of people are fearful of the mystical "streak bricking" so when you start with this stuff you take baby steps. It's not a 50$ product so the fear is understandable.

As for the question of factory reset. I haven't used a factory reset in a while. So i have no idea witch one works good with this version. But trial and error is the best way to find out. If it screws up your streak. Well just start the process over from an earlier version. When i get boot loops or any of the other problems. I go strait back to an official android os then strait back to the latest version. Keep in mind that when you finish installing a new version and you try to start an app that you already had before the update and it gives you FC's. Just restart your streak a couple of time and let it settle in. Worked like a charm on all my updates :D

*most people* or at least the ones who tend to know what they are talking about and not just make random s*** up (which seems to happen more and more on here lately, please spare this from becoming xda :P )

say use the 1st menu factory reset..

its been said lots of times...

+1

The problem persists even after factory reset.

density 180

launcherpro

gbkb

perfmod

bios

mine locks up too....I'm still testing....I get to the desktop, but as soon as I do something or hit menu/home, ect... It locks up!

perfmod

adwlauncher

bios

volboost

tabmail

post-770071-1297034390_thumb.png

This is what I get after boot up... the AUO_TOUCH is when I touch anything on the screen....

Edited by NoDoze