StreakDroid 1.7.0 ( aka HD7 Edition ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

It is strange, I have looked in the installation zip and the files are from Feb 5th and the replacement files are from Feb 3rd, the sizes are the same but they are actually older than what is in the installation archive.

The one glaring diff is that the new gl file is named libskiaGL.so and the original one is libskiagl.so

[edit] A binary diff shows them to be the same as well so perhaps it's just a naming issue?

could well be that

/me slaps steves wrist :D

any ideas whould be great or any fixes for the next DJ_Steve release would be awsome.

Thanks

how do you think its possible to fix something when you don't know what the problem is?

what apps do you have installed ?

Guest Hells_Child
how do you think its possible to fix something when you don't know what the problem is?

what apps do you have installed ?

I believed their would be a fix as i didnt notice the data depleting on other builds. (that being said didnt have 3G watchdog installed so maybe it did but i didnt notice it)

i have the usual apps installed, a few games, advanced task killer, couple of guitar apps, some streaming apps (droid streamer, TV flash etc) and a few homescreen apps (weather widget, widgetsoid)

actually, looking through my apps i have a fair few streaming apps (SPBTV, TV Shows Stream, TVnMovie Droid) however if their not being used then surely they shouldnt be draining data...? or am i being ignorant here? :D

Curious to know if anyone else can get 3G watchdog to show what apps data is being used for. or if anyone knows of any other apps that can do a simular thing?

Thanks for any help, i appreciate it. :D

Oh, and am loving 1.7.0. everytime DJ_Steve does a build it gets better and better. in the words of a recently departed Andy Gray.....TAKE A BOOOOOOW SON.....

Guest OmegaStalker

Im having a problem that what ever i write in the install.txt file isnt applied to 1.7?

ive put the file to root prior to installing but it doesnt work...

ive attached where i put it and the file itself...

NEVER MIND ITS SORTED NOW THANKS TO POPETODD!

install.txt.txt

post-632938-1297976639_thumb.png

Edited by OmegaStalker

Guest alexmoi
Im having a problem that what ever i write in the install.txt file isnt applied to 1.7?

ive put the file to root prior to installing but it doesnt work...

ive attached where i put it and the file itself...

Well if your install is righfully install.txt.txt well there is your problem there is one "txt" to many

Guest popetodd
Does anyone know how to unistall the per-installed apps?

I want to uninstall quickoffice so i install the HD version but it wont let me uninstall...

Yup, install root explorer or similar rooted file manager and go to /system/app and delete the apk you want removed.

Then put the new quickoffice apk in it's place and you are good to go. Might have to restart.

Guest keeper22
Fring has an update. I just tried it and it is successfully changing the camera from rear to front and visa versa.

juts to let you know...

I just downloaded it and tried it but I am only getting the rear camera. How do you get it to change over to the front?

Guest mancterrier
Just curious, but I thought somebody said that the fixed libskia (for wikipedia crash, etc) is already included in 1.7.0? Or did Steve just recently add it to the rom after the fact?

Thanks guys Ill give that a go tomorrow. Too tired tonight. Much obliged!

Guest WilhelmsBrick

Hi,

I'm sure there's updates and info somewhere but I'm having trouble getting all the info I need. Does anyone know, or know where I can get the info needed of what needs to be done to go from dell UK 2.2 to Stephens 1.7. I remember running 1.2 a while back but its been ages since I dabbled.

Any help would be great. Cheers.

I believed their would be a fix as i didnt notice the data depleting on other builds. (that being said didnt have 3G watchdog installed so maybe it did but i didnt notice it)

i have the usual apps installed, a few games, advanced task killer, couple of guitar apps, some streaming apps (droid streamer, TV flash etc) and a few homescreen apps (weather widget, widgetsoid)

actually, looking through my apps i have a fair few streaming apps (SPBTV, TV Shows Stream, TVnMovie Droid) however if their not being used then surely they shouldnt be draining data...? or am i being ignorant here? :D

Curious to know if anyone else can get 3G watchdog to show what apps data is being used for. or if anyone knows of any other apps that can do a simular thing?

Thanks for any help, i appreciate it. :D

Oh, and am loving 1.7.0. everytime DJ_Steve does a build it gets better and better. in the words of a recently departed Andy Gray.....TAKE A BOOOOOOW SON.....

Just a guess but it could be malware

eg: http://search.slashdot.org/story/11/02/18/...r-Fake-Searches

Edited by kentt

Cant see the original post about wifi channels and not accessing past 11

but

check /system/build.prop for the line:

ro.wifi.channels=14

and reboot should sort it out

EDIT::: This isnt working for some people, it does for me @work on G-router

Edited by fards

Guest Shurafa

Just flashed to 1.7 and I am not getting any data through the cellular connection. (wifi works fine) I remember in an older version you needed to turn this the data connection so I tried toggling this on and off. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Just flashed to 1.7 and I am not getting any data through the cellular connection. (wifi works fine) I remember in an older version you needed to turn this the data connection so I tried toggling this on and off. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Check the apns

Guest Shurafa
Check the apns

That was it! Thank you Fards!

For the other noobs out there. Needed to add my ATT APN settings: Settings, Wireless and Networks, Mobile Netowrks, Access Point Names.

Name: AT&T

APN: wap.cingular

Proxy: leave blank

Port: leave blank

***** Username:[email protected] (This is what needed to be added I did it all in caps)

***** Password:CINGULAR1 (This is what needed to be added I did it all in caps)

Server: leave blank

MMSC: leave blank

MMS Proxy: leave blank

MMS Port: leave blank

MCC:310

MNC:410

APN Type: default

I'm not able to sync Facebook contact for some odd reason. I go into Settings --> Accounts & sync --> Add account --> and select Facebook from the list but then nothing else happens other than immediately returning to the Accounts & sync screen. It seems to be the latest version of Facebook that's installed as it has options for chat and Places, so I can't really work out what the problem is. I'm using 1.7.0 and all else works perfectly.

Any suggestions?

It isn't, you need to delete the apk from /system/app, reboot then install the latest from the market.

I'm not able to sync Facebook contact for some odd reason. I go into Settings --> Accounts & sync --> Add account --> and select Facebook from the list but then nothing else happens other than immediately returning to the Accounts & sync screen. It seems to be the latest version of Facebook that's installed as it has options for chat and Places, so I can't really work out what the problem is. I'm using 1.7.0 and all else works perfectly.

Any suggestions?

It isn't, you need to delete the apk from /system/app, reboot then install the latest from the market.

Just done that, but Market says it's already installed.

*EDIT*

Version 1.5.1 is installed and I think that's the latest version going.

Could anything else be causing this failure to sync contacts?

*EDIT 2*

Nevermind folks, managed to resolve the issue with clearing every relevant cache. :-)

Edited by 10xOXR

Guest lammock

can anyone tell me why my camera and camcorder are laggy? it seems like there a slower framerate then the stock 1.6 att. when i did the 720p fix it went down hill from there. i have the dj steve's 1.7.0 rom

Guest majinvega

Know this is not the right section, but my ever so FRAGILE Streak was just dropped on the CARPET of all things and now the lcd is half useless. Any idea where I can turn to getting it repaired and or the parts for me to do it? I live in the States. Sorry for the post, but being im on here updating the roms, I trust all of your input. Thanks, and my apologies all at the same time.

Majin