[ROM] CM7 Liquid (kang) 1.2.18 -CM7RC1-

Guest koudelka

to first eye, 65 MB of free RAM with previous kernel. 80 Mb free now.

it would be possible, as soon as possible to resolve the problem of single sequence ringer for calls .... I'm always in suspense when I walk away, a moment from my Liquid .....

Thanks again for your wonderful work.

Yann Patin

Guest TheShak
I think so :P you could try :D

In other news, I have updated first post with new kernel if people would want to try :huh: Thanks to Roggin and Thepasto :P))

Thanks. This is a no wipe flash I guess?? Cheers

Guest sunshine333

I just had a strange problem. Flashed the newest version and the other two updates. Everything worked great for a while, moved in, installed apps, customized the settings etc. Then suddenly i lost network signal, in a place in my house where i usually have strong signal. I went to the network settings menu but suddenly the mobile network option was grayed out and I couldn't access it. I couldn't get any phone or data signal whatsoever, but my wifi still worked. I restored a previous nandroid of LRC 2.0 (hadn't even backed up C.M.7 installation yet): network problems. Any ideas what i might have set to cause this, or how I can resolve it?

Guest aceranto
I just had a strange problem. Flashed the newest version and the other two updates. Everything worked great for a while, moved in, installed apps, customized the settings etc. Then suddenly i lost network signal, in a place in my house where i usually have strong signal. I went to the network settings menu but suddenly the mobile network option was grayed out and I couldn't access it. I couldn't get any phone or data signal whatsoever, but my wifi still worked. I restored a previous nandroid of LRC 2.0 (hadn't even backed up C.M.7 installation yet): network problems. Any ideas what i might have set to cause this, or how I can resolve it?

Probably you did a wipe data all after the flash, you have to do the wipe before to flash the rom, if you do the wipe after the flash you will loose the network setting.

I had the same problem also with CM6.

Wow!!!!after flash new kernel.i got 1222 in quadrant @921

I got max 760 in quadrant :S :S :S why?? how do u get 1222?? :S :S but strangely 30 with neocore (I always got 26/27 with other roms)

Guest TheShak

Flashed new Chocolate Chip kernal... phone is faster... haptic feedback seems kinda wierd... like a two tone vibe... so far so good no problems to report... data and 3g running ok :P

Edited by TheShak

Guest aceranto

I flah the rom and the sensor path but it still have the problem during the call, i mean, when I make the call the display turn off when I speak but when i move the mobile from the head it will not turn on again, the only way to close the call is to wait that the people on the other side close the call. Any other have this problme? This is the same problem present on CM6.1.

I flah the rom and the sensor path but it still have the problem during the call, i mean, when I make the call the display turn off when I speak but when i move the mobile from the head it will not turn on again, the only way to close the call is to wait that the people on the other side close the call. Any other have this problme? This is the same problem present on CM6.1.

I have exactly the same problem....

Guest mik93250

I've find the solution! I press power button like to power off the phone and the screen lights up

Guest aceranto
I've find the solution! I press power button like to power off the phone and the screen lights up

ok but it's just a work around, not a solution, are there any plan to fix it?

Guest xdxdxdxdxdx
I got max 760 in quadrant :S :S :S why?? how do u get 1222?? :S :S but strangely 30 with neocore (I always got 26/27 with other roms)

i don't know……all things is normal,kill all before run.

Guest xdxdxdxdxdx
quadrant = bullshit
it's ture things,not a bullshit.do you know why quadrant score will increase a lot after make data2ext?because database has move to sdcard.sd speed is faster than rom too much.so i/o score of quadrant increase.

Guest HustlinDaily

Nah Quadrant is BS. No way you can convince me that the Liquid has a better GPU than the Hummingbird chip in Galaxy S series.

Remember that Acer patch which helped churn out 1600+ Quadrant scores? I tried that patch and the phone felt slower and the Smartbench score was lower.

Use Smartbench. It seems more accurate.

Guest xdxdxdxdxdx
Nah Quadrant is BS. No way you can convince me that the Liquid has a better GPU than the Hummingbird chip in Galaxy S series. Remember that Acer patch which helped churn out 1600+ Quadrant scores? I tried that patch and the phone felt slower and the Smartbench score was lower. Use Smartbench. It seems more accurate.
Do u have quadrant advanced?if not.you don't know every part of the score.the patch of acer only increase the cpu part of quadrant. Edited by xdxdxdxdxdx

sorry friend, one off-topic question.

I saw that there's a bin (4.005.05). My phone actually runs 4.002.14.

does CM7 rom run smoother or faster with that last bin (4.005.05) rather than 4.002.14? what are the main differences?

Guest HustlinDaily
Do u have quadrant advanced?if not.you don't know every part of the score.the patch of acer only increase the cpu part of quadrant.

Still doesn't explain why the phone got slower.

Acer's patch was a cheat and nothing more.

Guest Delnar_Ersike

Quadrant has always been the odd one out when it comes to benchmarks. Usually the three benchmarks I use (NenaMark1, Neocore, and Smartbench 2010) provide the similar results: usually if a ROM is faster than another when, these three all have better scores in the first ROM than in the other one, and the % increases are also roughly the same. Quadrant, on the other hand, almost always produced different results than the other three and has, for me, almost never properly portrayed real-world performance.

I still cannot mount the SD via USB, it doesn't matter if I turned the device on while the USB cable is plugged in or not.