[ROM] CM7 Liquid (kang) 1.2.18 -CM7RC1-

Guest koudelka

Guest siggey
Nice =)

Anyway, with every cm7 build I tried I have the same "strange" problem.

Battery drain is faster after a full battery charge with phone turned on (sleep mode).

Then, if I perform a hot or normal reboot..everything turns back fine and I have a normal battery drain.

Does anyone else have this.. behaviour? =O

Me too.

Guest Delnar_Ersike
Use a2sdgui.

Still doesn't work. I'm guessing I can't get away with a 32MB file on my FAT32 partition and will have to create a swap partition on my SD card?

As for the weird battery behavior, I noticed it, too, but I also noticed that it almost always only happens if I have WiFi turned on and it isn't connected to an access point, so I don't know if we're talking about the same thing.

Guest Dr. Robert Chase
Still doesn't work. I'm guessing I can't get away with a 32MB file on my FAT32 partition and will have to create a swap partition on my SD card?

ofcourse you need swap partition.

I remember in Carrera's MIUI 1.3.18 (Froyo), which uses the old sensor driver, the prox Sensor worked great for me after changing a little setting (enable or disable Enforce Prox. Sensor in call settings, don't exactly remember which one).

Maybe if you revert to old Prox. Sensor driver we could try that?

Guest koudelka
I remember in Carrera's MIUI 1.3.18 (Froyo), which uses the old sensor driver, the prox Sensor worked great for me after changing a little setting (enable or disable Enforce Prox. Sensor in call settings, don't exactly remember which one).

Maybe if you revert to old Prox. Sensor driver we could try that?

yes :) I just made a build :) you can try it here http://www.multiupload.com/VWV8D9PA5O

this one also includes usbtethering patch from rithchen, so if windows users could try if usbtethering works now it would be nice :(

Well I can't use adb, says device not found.

EDIT: Also prox sensor doesn't work even if I enable enforce prox sensor.

Edited by bais

Guest studjuice
yes :) I just made a build :) you can try it here http://www.multiupload.com/VWV8D9PA5O

this one also includes usbtethering patch from rithchen, so if windows users could try if usbtethering works now it would be nice :(

I tried it out, no difference in prox sensor for me, including using the "always use proximity sensor" option.

also usb tethering acts the same, "no internet access" on windows 7. but I did notice it took longer to enable

Guest kenelm
I don't know if it only happened to me, but I realized that text in some apps cannot cover whole screen width, for example in "Pulse", it covers only 70% width, this also happen in Gmail.

I tried to change CM7 theme and tried to reflash but no help.

Please check the attachment for the screenshots.

the problem temporarily solved by rotating the screen to portrait and rotate it back, strange...

Guest koudelka

if users who use one of the new roms i posted here (either cm7.0 with newsensor or old sensors) could test if this improves battery life it would be great :), http://www.multiupload.com/3LRX6UXXME

download and push it to device using adb.

adb remount

adb push gralloc.qsd8k.so /system/lib/hw/

adb shell rm /system/lib/hw/gralloc.salsa.so

adb reboot

Edited by koudelka

Guest kenelm
if users who use one of the new roms i posted here (either cm7.0 with newsensor or old sensors) could test if this improves battery life it would be great :), http://www.multiupload.com/3LRX6UXXME

adb remount

adb push gralloc,qsd8k.so /system/lib/hw/

adb reboot

done. will test today,

btw, old sensors work well for me :)

Guest koudelka
Any news about SD card issue?

Maybe our devs have no problems with it.. then their work will be unproductive...

right now we try to find why there is larger battery drain in cm7 final then the rc1

Guest Lens_flare

Sorry..

If your team have some time, could you look out what's the problem it is?

I have some info that might be a clue to fix:

I have 2gb sd that I've got from Acer's box.

I have one big FAT partition on this.

After I copy some files to sd they are not visible for file explorer(any), found in LOST-DIR with crappy names.

After I delete some files or folders from sd they are not deleted or comed to null size.

After I unmount SD(click btn on usb connected screen) I don't get any message except USB connected, I should get something like "recognizing SD card".

Users I asked before, who don't face with this bug, said that they have recognizing SD card message after unmount in usb connected screen.

Any last GB rom has this bug, but it's personal, not mass(there's big problem for me that devs doesn't have this, so, no polygon for testing, I'm surely not wish you to face with this bug).

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest kenelm
Sorry..

If your team have some time, could you look out what's the problem it is?

I have some info that might be a clue to fix:

I have 2gb sd that I've got from Acer's box.

I have one big FAT partition on this.

After I copy some files to sd they are not visible for file explorer(any), found in LOST-DIR with crappy names.

After I delete some files or folders from sd they are not deleted or comed to null size.

After I unmount SD(click btn on usb connected screen) I don't get any message except USB connected, I should get something like "recognizing SD card".

Users I asked before, who don't face with this bug, said that they have recognizing SD card message after unmount in usb connected screen.

Any last GB rom has this bug, but it's personal, not mass(there's big problem for me that devs doesn't have this, so, no polygon for testing, I'm surely not wish you to face with this bug).

why not just try to format your sd card?

Guest Lens_flare

Reformat my SD 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times but with no sucess :[

It's not about partition table.. it's GB port troubles, I'm sure.

Guest Jerwaz

in the miui rom, when i activate the battery graph, the battery drain is very fast.

May be it's the same in this rom

If i can help...

(sry for my bad english ^^')

Guest yapa73

adb remount

adb push gralloc,qsd8k.so /system/lib/hw/

adb reboot

Hello, Koudelka, thanks for your great commitment to all of you.

yesterday, so I flashed, the stable version with the new sensors, I leave this. I push, now the patch that you want to try. Spelt know here, or, ThePasto, what changes (ThePasto for ease of language). made to me know if you need any specific test.

Guest KeruDoitsu

Thank you Dr. Robert Chase, finally I have prox sensor disabled, thanks to your boot :)

Just to know, what did you changed in boot.img to do the trick?

Thank you again!