[ROM] CM7 Liquid (kang) 1.2.18 -CM7RC1-

Guest koudelka

Guest koudelka
So these are actual issues with this rom, and the devs are already working on them :huh:

- proximity sensor patch zip has a missing mount /system (you can push services.jar manually)

- on A1 (at least) there is some race condition at boot that sometimes lets to not see the apps on sd-ext. a reboot fixes the problem but you have to reinsert widgets that are stored on /data/app

- bluetooth sco headset doesn't work (seems codec issue)

- camcorder doesn't work, codec issue again

- mp4 and 3gp are not played by system player. rockplayer in software mode works as a workaround

- dspmanager works pushing old DSPManager.apk linked in previous posts. Seems a db table issue in its settings.

My 2 cents to help improving this rom...

Regards

Thank you! :P I have already uploaded new patch zip that fixes the mount issue :D

Your help with researching codec is great! :P

is this rom gingerbread or froyo?

this is gingerbread

in other news, i have updated first post to include new patch from thepasto, compcache, ipv6 and noxwell multitouch

Guest koudelka
*its GB based on Froyo...

thx btw.

hmm? GB based on froyo? you mean like froyo with GB skin? no, this is regular full GB with extras from cyanogenmodteam :P

Guest koudelka
what about drivers and etc?

drivers are not apart of aosp, and are not really depended on android version (well, they should not be, but seems google changes api with every release...). We use eclair sources, and thus i guess you could say we have eclair drivers?

hello boys

good work

i have install the rom with the proxsimity patch, but dont work ( the proxsimity patch ).

i have a liquid E.

thank for your work and sorry for my english

Guest Liquidator
So these are actual issues with this rom, and the devs are already working on them :P

- proximity sensor patch zip has a missing mount /system (you can push services.jar manually)

- on A1 (at least) there is some race condition at boot that sometimes lets to not see the apps on sd-ext. a reboot fixes the problem but you have to reinsert widgets that are stored on /data/app

- bluetooth sco headset doesn't work (seems codec issue)

- camcorder doesn't work, codec issue again

- mp4 and 3gp are not played by system player. rockplayer in software mode works as a workaround

- dspmanager works pushing old DSPManager.apk linked in previous posts. Seems a db table issue in its settings.

My 2 cents to help improving this rom...

Regards

At least on my phone, DSPManager does not work, also not with the old apk linked in Varyag's post. I pushed it to /system/app but it still FC's. And I'm desperate for a solution!

Guest androider

hi. i'm new here. want to say thanks to roggin, koudelka, thepasto, and phh for allowing me to enjoy gingerbread on my acer liquid for a couple months before i grab a dual core phone. :P with koudelka's organized instructions, i was able to flash (with all patches) and run without any problems whatsover.

- i confirm the proximity sensor is working with the latest patch (updated by koudelka in first post of this thread).

- app2sd originally didn't work 100% properly, but either (1) reboot phone, or (2) "umount all fs" fixed the problem.

- i can use Settings - Application - Manage Applications to move apps to sdcard, but SDMove app no longer works.

- some bigger apps moved to sdcard have runtime force close (e.g.: Angry Birds, Talking Tom Cat, Fruit Ninja, ...); the only thing i see in common is (1) they are games, and (2) they are all over ~10MB in size; any logic to this? sorry if i've missed any previous explanations for this.

- asides from the typical known problems (e.g. camcorder not working), everything seems to be speedy, responsive, and definitely ready for everyday use.

- battery life is good. i can't tell if it's better than froyo, but definitely not worse!

- loving it! thanks again!

Guest mstation

will you be able to sort bluetooth and update all the drivers with the kernel source and still have compcache a multitouch fix in the next release?

if so i can't wait to try it..