[ROM] CM7 Liquid (kang) 1.2.18 -CM7RC1-

Guest koudelka

Guest Auxx

Another problem is that all 2.3 ROMs currently available do not detect AC power, they all think that USB power is plugged. That leads to improper battery charging. This is why fully charged batteries looses juice so quickly. If you charge via USB - it will be much better.

I think this issue MUST BE FIXED ASAP, because improper charging WILL degrade our batteries. And that's not a joke sadly...

Guest LSteam

my detect AC power and don't show USB mass storage popup.

when i connect it to a PC with the USB cable, the mass storage popup appear...

so...i think that there isn't a bug...

atm my 2 big bugs are

- battery drain too quick

- no compass

very good work thepasto :unsure:

Guest Morris Lee
Another problem is that all 2.3 ROMs currently available do not detect AC power, they all think that USB power is plugged. That leads to improper battery charging. This is why fully charged batteries looses juice so quickly. If you charge via USB - it will be much better.

I think this issue MUST BE FIXED ASAP, because improper charging WILL degrade our batteries. And that's not a joke sadly...

It shouldn't matter, in most electronic, it measures the actual battery capacity to get the %.

In any case, lithium battery is optimal at 40% charge, closer the better, if this is not charging our phones fully, it should actually be good for our battery's life span, keeping it at 100% hurts the life span more

Guest Auxx
my detect AC power and don't show USB mass storage popup.

when i connect it to a PC with the USB cable, the mass storage popup appear...

so...i think that there isn't a bug...

Did you check mode with some tool like OSMonitor? Mass storage does not appear when you powering device with turned off PC, but it is still an USB mode. It just works without USB host.

It shouldn't matter, in most electronic, it measures the actual battery capacity to get the %.

In any case, lithium battery is optimal at 40% charge, closer the better, if this is not charging our phones fully, it should actually be good for our battery's life span, keeping it at 100% hurts the life span more

Lithium batteries are very fragile and their charging process is controlled by software using different sensors like heat sensor. Software is constantly changing voltage to preserve better charging process. If software thinks it is powered via USB, but istead gets much more powerful source that can lead to battery degradation and even explosion. You should read some theory on lithiums.

Guest LSteam

from koud twitter:

I have ported latest cm7.1 n1 nightly build, if someone wants to give it a try you can donwload here: http://goo.gl/hDqRq (backup first!)

can you have a changelog please? and a comparison with thepasto build ^^

thanks a lot!

Guest koudelka
from koud twitter:

I have ported latest cm7.1 n1 nightly build, if someone wants to give it a try you can donwload here: http://goo.gl/hDqRq (backup first!)

can you have a changelog please? and a comparison with thepasto build ^^

thanks a lot!

Basically thepasto's build is built from source with I think 2 framework patches (2g data and proximity wakeuptime), while this is just a straight up port from nightly build for passion found here http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?type=nightly...;device=passion (added camera, and some other hardware libs for liquid just)

for changelog you need to look at CM commit log :/

Guest f1rSt
Basically thepasto's build is built from source with I think 2 framework patches (2g data and proximity wakeuptime), while this is just a straight up port from nightly build for passion found here http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?type=nightly...;device=passion (added camera, and some other hardware libs for liquid just)

is it the laters cm7.1 rc2.1?

Guest siggey

I never had this problem and I have tried every Ginger rom here on modaco. Is your liquid OK?

Guest dread2k9

ok...this is incredible fast 3d... never saw the app drawer of launcher pro so fast in 3d mode!!! Big speed up from previous releases!! Great man.

First issue seems to be the soft keys... -> lagging very strong... sometimes hanging for several seconds...then they react as the were long pressed. In previous build it was already fixed :-/...something to patch kould?

Guest renzs

Maybe there is this issue because when I plug in AC power to my liquid E, there's a prompt that says "Multi-mount SD-card has been given superuser permissions". That shouldn't happen because I'm not connected to USB but AC power.

~renzs

Guest kaerry

Old sensor driver pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Tell the truth, the proximity sensor is not perfect with these drivers, with the old driver worked fine, and also compass worked fine with older drivers. The range of the proximity sensor 1 to 10 is too low, going from light to dark during a call, the sensor does not work well. Why continue with these bugged driver if the older worked fine?

Guest Dr. Robert Chase
Why continue with these bugged driver if the older worked fine?

+1

for me old are better too, and i could use app to 'fix' p-sensor, but with new drivers i'd like to disable it at all.

Guest Auxx

Well, maybe your are right, guys. Maybe something wrong with my Liquid. This is very sad. Should investigate on my own. Thanks for replies.

Guest fear_factory84
+1

for me old are better too, and i could use app to 'fix' p-sensor, but with new drivers i'd like to disable it at all.

+1

the less bugged sensors driver for this phone is the one acer provided with eclair....

Guest kaerry

Koudelka or the pasto could you build an updated CM 7.1 rom with the same drivers that were in version cm7-liquid-kang-1-2-18 please?

Guest LSteam

thepasto is working on prox sensor in these days :unsure:

but an update is very appreciated :)

Edited by LSteam

Guest fischschneehase

the new build by koud is realy great but i still encounter the bug that data doesnt work after a call is there any solution yet?

Guest zorginho
sorry, I don't know why the buttons act strange sometimes :/ also turns out bluetooth was broken in the kernel in the pack i posted on twitter, here is one with working bluetooth http://www.multiupload.com/JJ3OL3MMMB (flash in recovery, don't wipe. ofcourse backup!)

i think that the button's bug is a kernel issue.

Guest Xtrem krnage

Just installed latest buil, seems really faster than previius or thepasto build, great work :unsure:

Anyway I found one issue for the moment : when you receive a message, miss call led is blinking

Guest stainedavid

Has anyone tried the 7.1 rc1 of Koudelka?

To me problems with the ext partition, does not recognize it, no way to solve it?

(Sorry for my English)