[ROM] CM7 Liquid (kang) 1.2.18 -CM7RC1-

Guest koudelka

Guest violetina

does this rom works on a acer s120 (metal), as i just have my new acer s120 i 'm bit scared to try this yet without knowing it will wrok ...

are there any compactible roms for acer s120? like the desire Z , seems to have seems cpu/gpu , do those roms (cmX) work on s120 ?

Guest fear_factory84
does this rom works on a acer s120 (metal), as i just have my new acer s120 i 'm bit scared to try this yet without knowing it will wrok ...

are there any compactible roms for acer s120? like the desire Z , seems to have seems cpu/gpu , do those roms (cmX) work on s120 ?

no, this rom shouldn't work on metal for sure!

There is some work started on porting cyanogenmod to metal, but nobody still has released something for now..

Guest violetina
no, this rom shouldn't work on metal for sure!

There is some work started on porting cyanogenmod to metal, but nobody still has released something for now..

oK ty for this quick reply :P

Guest androider

Has anybody experienced some weird screen/touch problems? At random intervals, it appears as if some ghostly hand is randomly touching different areas of my phone's screen causing buttons to be pressed, notification bar to be dragged down, etc.

Experienced this a few days since yesterday, after applying kernel and proximity patches. Not sure if there's any relation. Anybody else have these strange symptoms?

Guest koudelka
Has anybody experienced some weird screen/touch problems? At random intervals, it appears as if some ghostly hand is randomly touching different areas of my phone's screen causing buttons to be pressed, notification bar to be dragged down, etc.

Experienced this a few days since yesterday, after applying kernel and proximity patches. Not sure if there's any relation. Anybody else have these strange symptoms?

ẗry change sensitivity in liquid settings, (the values shown are not the ones in use, but will get used if you press apply)

Guest Delnar_Ersike

I experienced a very weird thing today with my device. When one of my friends asked me to show him an app (it was Maps (-), but that's not important), I took out my phone and noticed its bottom was burning hot. Sure enough, SetCPU said the battery temperature was ~52.5 degrees C, when it normally doesn't climb above 34 for me, even during the summer. Weirder still, the battery seemed to have drained incredibly fast: 1 hour after charging, it had gone from 100% to below 60%. I quickly underclocked my device to the minimum frequency (245-245 range, down from the 245-998 I usually overclock to when it is possible) and changed the governor to powersave, just to be sure. Yet after about another hour, I took the phone out again, and it was still as hot as before. I quickly took out the battery and waited about a half an hour. When I put the battery back in and tried to turn on the device, it said it was out of power.

The funny thing is, I had played around with my device the night before, I didn't experience any overheating or huge battery drain issues. Every single setting was the same, except for one: when I was playing around with this ROM yesterday, I was on WiFi the entire time. Today, I was using mobile data. Underclocking the processor did not help the issue, so it wasn't that. I did not install any new apps nor updates since yesterday, so it can't be an application issue. GPS was enabled and Bluetooth was turned off both yesterday and today, the screen and proximity sensors were exactly the same. Based on all these factors, I think I can pretty safely conclude that something is wrong with this ROM's mobile data interface.

Third day of testing.

Problems:

1. Another thing of the sms led, when i receive a facebook message the "missed call" led blinking ^^

2. For the second time i have a blackscreen (phone still on, receive sms, phone calls and so on),when i want to wake up my phone but display don´t wake up. Have it something to do with SetCPU, i use profiles: <Screen Off> 576max 245min. Now i have set the min on 384MHz.

3. Stock video player (also ES Video Player and Vplayer) don´t play 3gp.

Random test:

Integrated SIP calls work!!! Also over my GSM mobile network (HSDPA) and WIFI, works without problems, good speak quality.

Tested it with sip2sip.info and sipgate.de. "Eplus" Germany is my mobile provider.

But, if u switched "receive internet calls" batterie drain is very high. Without it, battery drain is the best i ever had in a Rom.

Thank all devs for thier work.

Guest jayziac

Could try to see if it happens if you reboot the phone and don't start any apps. Some apps don't get into infinite loops until they're launched. Which app does the android battery usage say taking up the most battery power?

Guest fear_factory84
I experienced a very weird thing today with my device. When one of my friends asked me to show him an app (it was Maps (-), but that's not important), I took out my phone and noticed its bottom was burning hot. Sure enough, SetCPU said the battery temperature was ~52.5 degrees C, when it normally doesn't climb above 34 for me, even during the summer. Weirder still, the battery seemed to have drained incredibly fast: 1 hour after charging, it had gone from 100% to below 60%. I quickly underclocked my device to the minimum frequency (245-245 range, down from the 245-998 I usually overclock to when it is possible) and changed the governor to powersave, just to be sure. Yet after about another hour, I took the phone out again, and it was still as hot as before. I quickly took out the battery and waited about a half an hour. When I put the battery back in and tried to turn on the device, it said it was out of power.

The funny thing is, I had played around with my device the night before, I didn't experience any overheating or huge battery drain issues. Every single setting was the same, except for one: when I was playing around with this ROM yesterday, I was on WiFi the entire time. Today, I was using mobile data. Underclocking the processor did not help the issue, so it wasn't that. I did not install any new apps nor updates since yesterday, so it can't be an application issue. GPS was enabled and Bluetooth was turned off both yesterday and today, the screen and proximity sensors were exactly the same. Based on all these factors, I think I can pretty safely conclude that something is wrong with this ROM's mobile data interface.

If the issue arises again a log could be userful.. adb logcat, or install alogcat app on market and save the log to sd.

Third day of testing.

Problems:

1. Another thing of the sms led, when i receive a facebook message the "missed call" led blinking ^^

2. For the second time i have a blackscreen (phone still on, receive sms, phone calls and so on),when i want to wake up my phone but display don´t wake up. Have it something to do with SetCPU, i use profiles: <Screen Off> 576max 245min. Now i have set the min on 384MHz.

3. Stock video player (also ES Video Player and Vplayer) don´t play 3gp.

Random test:

Integrated SIP calls work!!! Also over my GSM mobile network (HSDPA) and WIFI, works without problems, good speak quality.

Tested it with sip2sip.info and sipgate.de. "Eplus" Germany is my mobile provider.

But, if u switched "receive internet calls" batterie drain is very high. Without it, battery drain is the best i ever had in a Rom.

Thank all devs for thier work.

3gp does not work due to hardware accelerated video libraries problem, maybe same problems that don't let work camcorder.

I used a lot sipdroid under lcr-f, and always on battery drain was not noticeable, maybe you could try to use it :P

Guest Delnar_Ersike

Scoured LogCat for about a half an hour, and I found the problem: turns out my WiFi toggler had gone bonkers and was causing the battery drain problem. Still seem weird though that the phone's temperature went up to 52 degrees...

Smaller problems I've encountered with this ROM so far:

• Sometimes the WiFi and Cellular reception icons in the notification bar turn white.
  • ES File Explorer crashes when I allow it to mount /system and /data as writeable.
  • The device refuses to mount the SD over USB.
  • When I go to Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Performance > CPU settings, the app crashes.
  • There are times when I experience sudden performance hiccups during games (probably garbage collects).
  • The FC's I mentioned when running certain games from the SD card.

Guest fear_factory84
[*]The device refuses to mount the SD over USB.

[*]When I go to Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Performance > CPU settings, the app crashes.

[*]There are times when I experience sudden performance hiccups during games (probably garbage collects).

[*]The FC's I mentioned when running certain games from the SD card.

- sd as usb works only if cable is inserted after boot

- cpu settings worked for me, but it's pretty useless, install setcpu instead

- games from sd, froyo app2sd don't work well, they cannot load native libs

Guest fear_factory84
[*]The device refuses to mount the SD over USB.

[*]When I go to Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Performance > CPU settings, the app crashes.

[*]There are times when I experience sudden performance hiccups during games (probably garbage collects).

[*]The FC's I mentioned when running certain games from the SD card.

- sd as usb works only if cable is inserted after boot

- cpu settings worked for me, but it's pretty useless, install setcpu instead

- games from sd, froyo app2sd don't work well, they cannot load native libs

Scoured LogCat for about a half an hour, and I found the problem: turns out my WiFi toggler had gone bonkers and was causing the battery drain problem. Still seem weird though that the phone's temperature went up to 52 degrees...

Smaller problems I've encountered with this ROM so far:

• Sometimes the WiFi and Cellular reception icons in the notification bar turn white.
I've had this show up a few times, maybe 3-4 times a day? in my case it might be my wifi perhaps dropping

When I go to Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Performance > CPU settings, the app crashes.

same problem, liquid e in my case if that helps track it down

Guest monoxide.tryst
is it me or the battery is sucked away like nothing??

Battery life is good for me, not awesome mind you, but definately usable

But i still get random reboots every so often, and the market crashes like a pos. anyone else having issues with the market???

Edited by monoxide.tryst

Battery life is good for me, not awesome mind you, but definately usable

But i still get random reboots every so often, and the market crashes like a pos. anyone else having issues with the market???

Did you oc on 998MHz? on 920MHz it´s more stable.

yes. it is u. for me battery life excellent. 63% after 24hrs(wifi,calls, new angry birds )

How did you get angry birds to work?

I cannot start games like that, they just FC

nvm got it to work

moved the game to phone instead of the SD and now it works

Edited by efukt

Guest koudelka
How did you get angry birds to work?

I cannot start games like that, they just FC

nvm got it to work

moved the game to phone instead of the SD and now it works

move to internal storage, not on sd

After a few days of testing, I found that

1. ADW Launcher ex is much more smoother than LauncherPro. Launcher Pro sometimes not rseponding.

2. Some CyanogenMod Settings FC, (Performance>CPU Settings, System>Anonymous statistics, System>Update notifications)

3. freezed one or two times.

4. Low Memory Killer settings are not working, neither write it on /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree nor “a2sd lowmem-moderate”. Memory getting low after a while, I have to kill tasks with task killer app.

Guest Andy__P
After a few days of testing, I found that

1. ADW Launcher ex is much more smoother than LauncherPro. Launcher Pro sometimes not rseponding.

2. Some CyanogenMod Settings FC, (Performance>CPU Settings, System>Anonymous statistics, System>Update notifications)

3. freezed one or two times.

4. Low Memory Killer settings are not working, neither write it on /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree nor “a2sd lowmem-moderate”. Memory getting low after a while, I have to kill tasks with task killer app.

Strange. i've tried adw a few times but always switched back to pro because it felt smoother. Is the performance better in the latest version maybe or only the EX?