[maybe solved] Touchscreen does not react after flashing an new ROM

Guest Seb801

Guest Chris Banks

Hi, I also have a very similar problem,

Got my Orange San Francisco about 3weeks ago with firmware 2.1-update1 and the touchscreen worked fine.

However after 'ROMing' with FLB-Froyo r10 the touchscreen doesnt work intermittently after turning the phone on.

After taking the battery out and turning it on numerous times it finally starts to work again and there are no issues until I have to switch it off again.

Sometimes it works straight away, other times Im having to restart it 20 odd times to get it working again.

I have no ideas why this would do that. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Guest Carlos Abel Chavez Slim
It seems intermittent as sometimes I can power it up the touch screen operates fine but more often than not it doesn't work.

I have the same problem with both FLB and Swedish Spring.

Touchscreen suddenly stopped working last week, taking battery out didn't help. A few hours later it started working again, later in the day it stopped working.

Flashed to Swedish Spring but still experiencing the same problem.

Very strange.

Guest chig00

Balbik: At the moment my internet is not good enough to upload 100+ MB i will do it tomorrow at work.

Some new info about my phone: when dialing *983*24474636# it shows this:

TouchScreen Inforamtion:

touchscreen module

name : synaptics

i2c address : 0x22

IC type : 2000 series

firmware version : TM1541

module : synaptics + TPK

Is this same as working phones?

Guest Sc0rPio

hi

i have the same problem

(link to my other post touchscreen-stopped-working-after-flashing-custom-rom )

so i tested the input output with the stock kernel and the new one.

for "cat /proc/bus/input/devices" and "cat /proc/bus/input/handlers" the output is the same, so both kernel recognized the touchscreen ?? but with "cat /dev/input/event1" there was only an output with the stock kernel .... !!!

its the same for custom ROMs with 2.1 kernel (Swedish_Snow_RLS1) touchscreen doesnt work ... so i flashed only the stock boot.img on the custom ROM 2.1 (Swedish_Snow_RLS1) and it works again ....

so the problem is the driver ? how can i get the new driver ?

Guest StevenHarperUK
Balbik: At the moment my internet is not good enough to upload 100+ MB i will do it tomorrow at work.

Some new info about my phone: when dialing *983*24474636# it shows this:

TouchScreen Inforamtion:

touchscreen module

Is this same as working phones?

I have a GEN1 UK OLED

TouchScreen Information:

touchscreen module

name : cypress

i2c address : 0xa

IC type : 301e

firmware version : 0x14

module : cypress + winteck

Guest oh!dougal

Has anyone with a no-touch-B10 phone tried to run with Swedish Spring?

I ask that because that should have the very latest ZTE (non-kernel) proprietary software.

Newer even than B10, I think.

Certainly Swedish Spring has newer versions of the proprietary drivers than anything else on this forum

So, I'd expect it to support any hardware variations that B10 supported.

If Swedish Spring shows the same problem, then my guess would be that the tweak is in the kernel ...

Guest Tarot

I have OLED San Francisco.

TouchScreen Information:

touchscreen module

name: synaptics

i2c address: 0x22

IC type: 2000 series

firmware version: TM1541

module: synaptics + TPK

No problem with any Custom ROM

Edited by Tarot

Guest Drakedian
I have OLED San Francisco.

TouchScreen Information:

touchscreen module

name: synaptics

i2c address: 0x22

IC type: 2000 series

firmware version: TM1541

module: synaptics + TPK

No problem with any Custom ROM

same synaptic touchscreen module, and no problems so far with this new device

Guest Balbik

I have TFT San Francisco.

TouchScreen Inforamtion:

touchscreen module

I heave problem with any Custom ROM :D

Guest Solid Cactus
Has anyone with a no-touch-B10 phone tried to run with Swedish Spring?

I ask that because that should have the very latest ZTE (non-kernel) proprietary software.

Newer even than B10, I think.

Certainly Swedish Spring has newer versions of the proprietary drivers than anything else on this forum

So, I'd expect it to support any hardware variations that B10 supported.

If Swedish Spring shows the same problem, then my guess would be that the tweak is in the kernel ...

I have just tested this out with Swedish Spring and unfortunately the symptoms still persist.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Any other ideas on this one?

Guest Rotmann

It seems to me like lots of people have digitizer problems in the latest Blade versions. Trying to flash the stock ROM and playing a lot of it, then flashing a custom ROM again and the stock again may clear the problem if you have a bad digitizer or there is really an incompatibility problem.

Guest xcaliba
Hi, I have the same problem:

After the install any ROM (JJR9 or CyanogenMod 2.3) - the touchscreen does not react.

When I downgrade to fuctory setting(2.1) everything works fine.

Upgrade Software is fine -100%. All the same set of installs on another phone - everything works fine.

Please help.

Hi, I also have the same problem. I have found that i can get it working by cycling between roms, but the moment you power off your phone, the screen is unresponsive upon re-boot. If I re-flash it with the same rom, it seems to know and remains unresponsive. It does not matter wether I am running a Froyo or Eclair version. I am currently running the r9 Sabastian version and have managed to get it working by trail and error (and persistance) ... putting the Orange stock image on, and the Japanese Jellyfish, and then the Sabastian ... clearing cache and re-setting as I go along. It will be fine now until I have to re-boot it (as long as I do not power it down.

I am going to do this on the weekend and document what I then did to get to working again in the hope that it is of a help to others. It's not pretty, and not the best solution, but at least it is working which was more than it did a week ago when I first flashed it.

Guest ronc2000
Hi, I also have the same problem. I have found that i can get it working by cycling between roms, but the moment you power off your phone, the screen is unresponsive upon re-boot. If I re-flash it with the same rom, it seems to know and remains unresponsive. It does not matter wether I am running a Froyo or Eclair version. I am currently running the r9 Sabastian version and have managed to get it working by trail and error (and persistance) ... putting the Orange stock image on, and the Japanese Jellyfish, and then the Sabastian ... clearing cache and re-setting as I go along. It will be fine now until I have to re-boot it (as long as I do not power it down.

I am going to do this on the weekend and document what I then did to get to working again in the hope that it is of a help to others. It's not pretty, and not the best solution, but at least it is working which was more than it did a week ago when I first flashed it.

Powering it down then the screen is not responsive on power up should be a clue for software geek to look at he problem and possible cure.

Guest TheBrainKafka

try holding down the +Vol key during boot up of the phone.

This worked at least for a german user....

Can anyone confirm this?

Guest mon3em

i have the same problem but u can reboot the phone with charger without the battery so it will work fine

then turn it off and put the battery so it's gonna go on fine again untill the next off time.

any one fix the problem of the touch screen ???????????

Edited by mon3em

Guest TheBrainKafka
i have the same problem but u can reboot the phone with charger without the battery so it will work fine

then turn it off and put the battery so it's gonna go on fine again untill the next off time.

any one fix the problem of the touch screen ???????????

tried the +vol key during boot up ?

Guest mon3em
tried the +vol key during boot up ?

no i didn't use vol key i just remove the battery and connect the charger then load the phone then turn it off and put back the battery and it work till i off the phone.

i'm trying my best to find a fix for that ... i'm stuck since 3 hours trying but the good news that i manage to make it off and on many times now .. just testing for longer time .

i'm not a android geek but i'm a troubleshooter :D i turn around .. i have another oled phone and trying to find a way

what i done till now ... i installed flb11b on my oled phone and i done backup with rom manager .. then i copy the backup folder to my TFT phone and restored the oled copy.

- the phone started and the screen was stuck about 3 min then it start work fine.

- i turn it off for 5 min and on again and it work.

now i'm testing for longer time .. i turn it off now and i will wait to check if it gonna load .. i hope so then i will post back what happen!!!

Guest mon3em
no i didn't use vol key i just remove the battery and connect the charger then load the phone then turn it off and put back the battery and it work till i off the phone.

i'm trying my best to find a fix for that ... i'm stuck since 3 hours trying but the good news that i manage to make it off and on many times now .. just testing for longer time .

i'm not a android geek but i'm a troubleshooter :D i turn around .. i have another oled phone and trying to find a way

what i done till now ... i installed flb11b on my oled phone and i done backup with rom manager .. then i copy the backup folder to my TFT phone and restored the oled copy.

- the phone started and the screen was stuck about 3 min then it start work fine.

- i turn it off for 5 min and on again and it work.

now i'm testing for longer time .. i turn it off now and i will wait to check if it gonna load .. i hope so then i will post back what happen!!!

it doesn't work again ... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I just wonder any one who know about this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how come the screen work normal and on power off doesn't work ? is there is something missing?

on swedish spring if u wipe all the stuff it work direct because it load the welcome to android again ... but with FLB wipe doesn't load the welcome screen again.

i start hate ZTE

Edited by mon3em