Skype speaker fix

Guest Inopia

Guest npgall
And from my own testing today the issue also /seems/ to be patched in Swedish Spring RLS5 (although I can't find any documentation to this effect).

I spoke too soon, the issue is not fixed in Swedish Spring after all. Possibly I didn't clear the cache before installing SS over Cyanogenmod or something.

So I'm back to running patched skype again on SS (:sigh:).

BTW on Cyanogenmod 7.0.2, Skype through the earpiece works great. But forget about it if you want to use bluetooth speakers/headset as there seems to be some issues with using wifi + bluetooth at the same time on Cyanogenmod - they interfere terribly with each other, whereas on Swedish Spring the drivers must be better and there's no such problem.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kazan79
Uploaded a new patched skype here - https://jira.skype.com/browse/JSA-81 - this routes only the in-call audio to the earpiece, so the ringtone etc. should continue to work. Speakerphone works too. Same disclaimer applies - works for me on my ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) but use at your own risk.

Hi Npgall,

is there any chance you could upload new patch somewhere else then Skype website as all I'm getting is "Oops - an error has occurred" when I try to download it.

Thank you.

All is working now :D

|Kazan|

Edited by kazan79

• 4 weeks later...
Guest wowex

I am using Nimbuzz on huawei u8110. It's same problem.

Can someone make simple widget for forwarding sound from speakerphone to earpiece?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest irishpancake

I am using Nimbuzz on huawei u8110. It's same problem.

Can someone make simple widget for forwarding sound from speakerphone to earpiece?

Sorry for this, perhaps needs a new topic.......

Just got the new Viber Beta from Market and guess what!!!

Same thing with sound routing, goes to Speaker, regardless of your choice, Speaker On/Off.

No option in settings relating to Sound Routing.

I have SS5/Gen2.

CsipSimple works OK, in respect of Sound Routing.

Is there a generic fix for SIP VOIP clients on FroYo, as I think 3CX had the same problem on my Blade when it was installed??

TIA

Guest lousou76

Thanks wbaw but I am not using CM7.

I preffer Ginger Stir Fry at this moment.

Could you point me what I could patch to fix it as well?

I tried wditing the 2.0.0.47 version of skype found the pcmhost start and stop methods but the code is different and I can;'t figure out how to patch right. It crashes when trying to setMode.

Thanks wbaw but I am not using CM7.

I preffer Ginger Stir Fry at this moment.

Could you point me what I could patch to fix it as well?

I tried wditing the 2.0.0.47 version of skype found the pcmhost start and stop methods but the code is different and I can;'t figure out how to patch right. It crashes when trying to setMode.

Just use CM7, it's not likely to work on GSF, ever. There is no easy way to patch GSF or any other rom based on a ZTE rom, unless you're ZTE, because they don't ever release the source code for the bits we need to patch. CM7 libaudio.so doesn't seem to work on GSF & no source code will ever be released for the libaudio.so provided.

If you want everything to work as it should, you shouldn't buy ZTE.

It will have (when they finally release Gingerbread) taken them a year to fix the wifi disconnecting bug which was in all the first reviews of the phone as the main negative point. It was probably Qualcomm rather than ZTE that fixed it then. So, don't hold your breath.

Edited by wbaw

Guest lousou76

I understand but cm7 still has a lot of bugs, gsf has very good battery stability and is fast.

I just wanted to patch skype though. The olde 1.00 patched version is working correclty.

I guess I have to live with some bugs untill cm7 gets better.

What bugs does CM7 still have that GSF doesn't have? The only big one I know of is that wifi disconnects when it sleeps, that will be fixed when they get the .35 kernel source so that they can use the new wifi driver.

GSF is based on a leaked zte development version, it's riddled with bugs, I can't understand why people call it stable.

Patching every voip app to make it work with ZTE's crappy roms is clearly the wrong way to do things, it's a bug in the rom that ZTE should (but probably wont) fix & CM7 already has fixed.

Edited by wbaw

Guest lousou76

What bugs does CM7 still have that GSF doesn't have? The only big one I know of is that wifi disconnects when it sleeps, that will be fixed when they get the .35 kernel source so that they can use the new wifi driver.

GSF is based on a leaked zte development version, it's riddled with bugs, I can't understand why people call it stable.

Patching every voip app to make it work with ZTE's crappy roms is clearly the wrong way to do things, it's a bug in the rom that ZTE should (but probably wont) fix & CM7 already has fixed.

We say it's stable because it does not crash, it works predictable and has minor issues not more than the recent cyanogen ones like draining the battery with the buggy libaudio.

ZTE may not give the sources but having the hardware specifications and monitoring cyanogen makes it easy for them to create a faster rom than cyanogen. I would prefer the leaked kernel from zte together with cm7 system but is that possible? I don;t think so.

CM7 gets better and better and if they droped that adw launcher and some other useless apps they could really speed up things.

Blade is a low budget phone. We don;t need all these fancy stuff that slow the phone down. ZTE roms are always fast and low battery efficient.

Anyway I finally made it and patched skype 2.0.0.47 (the current in the market) version.

For anyone interested here it is

Skype_2.0.0.47_fixed.apk

libaudio is fixed, afaik. The leaked rom is no faster than CM7, it's slower, the main reason it seems smoother & uses less battery is the tweaks that I did to GSF, the new kernel & ADW launcher. You can easily remove any apps that you don't use & change the launcher to whatever you prefer. You can even submit patches to fix any bugs you find.

ZTE don't monitor Cyanogen & from looking at their roms it doesn't seem like they have the faintest idea what hardware is in their own phone. They include all kinds of things that are totally useless on the Blade, like a 2mb wifi driver for a wifi chip that the phone doesn't have, mdpi graphics. Other big problems too, like huge glaring bugs, corrupt graphics, corrupt apk files & lots of debug code left in retail versions. They even left C source header files for the wifi driver with license instructions not to redistribute in the comments at the top of them. You can't trust any of it either, it's closed source from China, although I'm not sure they have the technical ability to do anything really sneaky. The whole thing is about as sloppy as it could possibly get, it's a miracle that any of it works.

The .35 kernel can't be used by CyanogenMod until ZTE decide to obey the GPL license & release the source code for it, which they said they might do sometime before September.

Edited by wbaw

• 1 month later...
Guest irishpancake
Stumbled upon a solution (works for me, at least). After turning the phone on, or after reboot, just open "FM Radio" app, without connecting the headphones => close the app => the sound during the talk on Viber will now be routed to the earpiece, as it should. It will work until the next reboot, then the FM Radio must be open again for Viber to work properly. Why is this effective - beats me, but it works like a charm!

See above for workaround for sound to speaker routing problem with Viber on Froyo/SS5!!

I have confirmed this works, and will continue until next re-boot.

Thanx to Vujke smile.gif

Edited by irishpancake

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Buffalo Soldier

theos0o over on xda has a modded version of Skype that includes the speaker fix. You will need to uninstall any version of Skype you have on your phone before installing his. You can find it on his thread at xda.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1148708

Thank you, this version of Skype is working normally for me on RLS6!!!

You just need to select ''Use MODE_IN_CALL'' in Advanced Settings - Sound Settings.

Edited by Buffalo Soldier

Guest archish

Thank you, this version of Skype is working normally for me on RLS6!!!

You just need to select ''Use MODE_IN_CALL'' in Advanced Settings - Sound Settings.

Any idea how to get the advanced setting, for me it shows like normal skype there is no advance setting anywhere.

Any idea how to get the advanced setting, for me it shows like normal skype there is no advance setting anywhere.

When you press Menu you get the Advanced settings option. See this post for a screenshot.

Guest archish

When you press Menu you get the Advanced settings option. See this post for a screenshot.

yeah I checked that but I dont see that in mine, i had installed the apk from xda only not sure why...