2.3 based on CM7 aka swiftdroid project

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK

Guest max-greece
I have flashed it .. and quite honestly it still has work to be done on .. russian language on first boot .. aplications are with russian name's ...

For the time being 2.2.1 Froyo - CyanogenMod 6.1.2 OpenSwift-4.4 is way better and way more stabile .

Funny - I had such a nightmare with that version of 2.2 I went back to the 2.1 Black Rom from Quarx (which is about as stable as any operating system I have had on this phone).

I now have 2.3 installed (since yesterday) and so far its much better for me than 2.2 ever was. Still early days of course.

The Russian language issue is a bit of a shock - but that is where the development happened so you can't really blame them for that. As soon as you change the language and reboot, however, all traces of Russian disappear.

I think it is worth persevering with.

Guest fuely

I flashed my GT540 with 2.3.3 (version 1.5) two days ago, I've had no problems with it AT ALL. It's amazing.

The camera works, the battery seems fine if not better than before, the WiFi and 3G works, the whole phone runs a lot faster than before too. Everything has been in English from the get go as well.

I did it using Fastboot (previously running 2.1 Europe Open ROM).

HUGE thanks and praise to Cyanogen :(

Guest IvanDV

Hi all....

I installed swiftdriod 1.5, when I turn off GPS status bar icon is still on.

Any ideas??

Edited by IvanDV

Guest jaypea1

flashed to v1.5. Great stuff!!

Only drawback is cannot play flv movie files with arcmedia. Any help about this?

I know I can convert files to mp4, but arcmedia was able to play flv before.

Tried superplayer and rockplayer with no success.

Edited by jaypea1

Guest hacker_didko

I was disappointed from the battery life too .... until I found ... this program ! Battery booster . It has risen my battery life up to 3 days !!! And now it's still 40% ! Absolutely awesome ! Before i found my battery life was around a day .

Make sure that these options are activated :

battery booster ---> battery tweak ---> smart battery saver

battery booster ---> battery tweak ---> security level ---> low

The apk is in the rar archive below . Here you are :

batterybooster2.3ota.rar

Guest max-greece
Hi all....

I installed swiftdriod 1.5, when I turn off GPS status bar icon is still on.

Any ideas??

Its a known bug but its only the indicator. Swtich GPS on the first time and the indicator appears as normal. Switch it off and the indicator doesn't clear - but GPS is actually off. You can switch GPS back on and it works fine but the indicator will not function again till you re-boot.

I use the power bar widget which does indicate the current state of the GPS correctly.

Guest yashvik20

I've been using the rom for around 4 days now without any complaints whatsoever. However i kind of miss the default LG keyboad. Any chance that someone might have a version that installs on Gingerbread? i tried to install the one from 2.1 but it force closes everytime. Could anyone who has it please post it.

Guest FearlessRetard
Funny - I had such a nightmare with that version of 2.2 I went back to the 2.1 Black Rom from Quarx (which is about as stable as any operating system I have had on this phone).

I now have 2.3 installed (since yesterday) and so far its much better for me than 2.2 ever was. Still early days of course.

The Russian language issue is a bit of a shock - but that is where the development happened so you can't really blame them for that. As soon as you change the language and reboot, however, all traces of Russian disappear.

I think it is worth persevering with.

I will be testing again .. not a problem since I have recovery ..

And a new net .. downloading s*** all day :D

Guest Loginer

Keep getting stuck in a boot loop every time I enable Wi-Fi. A post on XDA states wpa_supplicant.conf is the problem, but deleting that file doesn't help. Restoring my latest Clockwork backup gets me out of the loop, but only until I activate Wi-Fi again. Which I accidentally do all the time because of my wildly uncalibrated screen and home screen arrangement.

Good times. :D

Edited by Loginer

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK
Keep getting stuck in a boot loop every time I enable Wi-Fi. A post on XDA states wpa_supplicant.conf is the problem, but deleting that file doesn't help. Restoring my latest Clockwork backup gets me out of the loop, but only until I activate Wi-Fi again. Which I accidentally do all the time because of my wildly uncalibrated screen and home screen arrangement.

Good times. :D

did u download the rom via torrent cuz i had probs wid that one the recovery one works fine

Guest jaypea1

I am unable to boot into recovery using HOME+POWER buttons. But I can access it from the reboot option from POWER button. Anybody has any ideas why I cannot access with HOME+POWER buttons.

When I use reboot option, this is what I get. Is this the normal screen.post-779736-1300300676_thumb.jpg

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK
I am unable to boot into recovery using HOME+POWER buttons. But I can access it from the reboot option from POWER button. Anybody has any ideas why I cannot access with HOME+POWER buttons.

When I use reboot option, this is what I get. Is this the normal screen.post-779736-1300300676_thumb.jpg

Try reflashing it also there is a newer version I suggest u try it

Guest Tiny Jacky

Any way to calibrate my screen? The calibration app does not worked for me, even after adding a folder nv in /data

Edited by Tiny Jacky

Guest -Vuco-
Any way to calibrate my battery? The calibration app does not worked for me, even after adding a folder nv in /data

Isn't that procedure (making a <nv> folder inside <data> folder) meant for screen calibration ?

To calibrate the battery, charge it full (on 2.3 I noticed that it charges to 90% then it says it's full, but if you plug it again, and don't get your phone to scree off/sleep, it charges for 20min more to full 100%), then go to Recovery and do the wipe battery stats.

Guest IvanDV
Its a known bug but its only the indicator. Swtich GPS on the first time and the indicator appears as normal. Switch it off and the indicator doesn't clear - but GPS is actually off. You can switch GPS back on and it works fine but the indicator will not function again till you re-boot.

I use the power bar widget which does indicate the current state of the GPS correctly.

thanx... one more thing, there is no debug icon to....

Guest IvanDV
I've been using the rom for around 4 days now without any complaints whatsoever. However i kind of miss the default LG keyboad. Any chance that someone might have a version that installs on Gingerbread? i tried to install the one from 2.1 but it force closes everytime. Could anyone who has it please post it.

use Smart keyboard.

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK

here u go credit to fishears for this

http://www.mediafire.com/?6a3q9oyq9f97c21

Guest Tiny Jacky
Isn't that procedure (making a <nv> folder inside <data> folder) meant for screen calibration ?

To calibrate the battery, charge it full (on 2.3 I noticed that it charges to 90% then it says it's full, but if you plug it again, and don't get your phone to scree off/sleep, it charges for 20min more to full 100%), then go to Recovery and do the wipe battery stats.

Sorry I mean the screen :D

Guest Jimbo1962
you can change that, but I guess you already knew that...

:D

Please can you tell me how to change the curve as i dont know how to, sorry if i8m being dum :(

Guest -Vuco-
how can i install this keyboard?

With Clockwork Recovery's "install from zip" function.

You put it anywhere on your card, then in CW choose install from zip, then browse to the folder where you've put it and install it. Then reboot and change your input method (long hold on the text box) while typing (if older keyboard is present).

Guest IvanDV
With Clockwork Recovery's "install from zip" function.

You put it anywhere on your card, then in CW choose install from zip, then browse to the folder where you've put it and install it. Then reboot and change your input method (long hold on the text box) while typing (if older keyboard is present).

Je, skužio sam, već rješeno, hvala. Nego imam system dump 2.1 pa jel mogu tako i kalendar izvuć?