2.3 based on CM7 aka swiftdroid project

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK

Guest aaa801
How do i bring up the keyboard in Cyanogenmod 7.0? If i want to setup my google account it tells me to go on by open it but how?? B)

yer i had that too

the walkaround is to exit out of that window and set it up using the market app :D

Guest TaoNinja

I hope this is not a dumb version,

But i noticed tha it says..

v 1.6

alot faster and accelometer is fixed

Is this an old text? Or is the 1.6 faster than 1.8?

And how much is "Alot" faster?

Guest aaa801
I hope this is not a dumb version,

But i noticed tha it says..

v 1.6

alot faster and accelometer is fixed

Is this an old text? Or is the 1.6 faster than 1.8?

And how much is "Alot" faster?

v2.3-1.8 runs ALOT faster then android v1.6

Guest TaoNinja
v2.3-1.8 runs ALOT faster then android v1.6

Sorry I mean,

Android 2.3 (v1.6)

Compared to Android 2.3 (v1.8)...

In the above post,

When he is listing the differences between the different Android 2.3 Versions,

He is saying some fixes and problems,

But it says v1.6 (Android 2.3) is faster?

Thanks for the reply though bro

i'm a noob and new to this phone. mine is currently on 1.6 and i'd been considering updating to 2.1, then 2.2 and now i see that 2.3 is available!

one question: is the "not working" list in the first post the only thing that isn't working? and is there any possibility of getting it working sometime in the future, or is it simply impossible including hardware accelerated divx/xvid playback in a custom rom?

apologies if that's a silly question. i have plenty of others where that came from :D

Guest TaoNinja
i'm a noob and new to this phone. mine is currently on 1.6 and i'd been considering updating to 2.1, then 2.2 and now i see that 2.3 is available!

one question: is the "not working" list in the first post the only thing that isn't working? and is there any possibility of getting it working sometime in the future, or is it simply impossible including hardware accelerated divx/xvid playback in a custom rom?

apologies if that's a silly question. i have plenty of others where that came from :D

Hey there Bud,

Im no pro at this,

But if the only thing holding you back is the Divx/Xvid Hardware playback,

I believe a program called "Rock Player" gets around this problem, And lets you play those files at good quality...

Hey there Bud,

Im no pro at this,

But if the only thing holding you back is the Divx/Xvid Hardware playback,

I believe a program called "Rock Player" gets around this problem, And lets you play those files at good quality...

yes, i have come across that before, but it seems to have ads, which i'm not fond of. also for some reason i just like the idea of having a phone that is able to play divx/xvid files natively :D

Guest TaoNinja
yes, i have come across that before, but it seems to have ads, which i'm not fond of. also for some reason i just like the idea of having a phone that is able to play divx/xvid files natively B)

Look at the right places ;) Hehehe,

But in terms of playing in Natively,

Well yea, Then..

Not possible huhuh...

But 2.3 Sure is nice,

If your on 1.6 at least use LG "Official" version of 2.1 :D

Look at the right places B) Hehehe,

But in terms of playing in Natively,

Well yea, Then..

Not possible huhuh...

But 2.3 Sure is nice,

If your on 1.6 at least use LG "Official" version of 2.1 :D

my plan was to move to official 2.1 but then experiment with others. but i can't figure out which version of official 2.1 i need to install! there seems to be a hundred different versions, and then other ones with fastboot etc, which i can't quite get my head around. it's embarrassing to say that even the guide for newbs on this forum has me confused...

Guest killbot87
my plan was to move to official 2.1 but then experiment with others. but i can't figure out which version of official 2.1 i need to install! there seems to be a hundred different versions, and then other ones with fastboot etc, which i can't quite get my head around. it's embarrassing to say that even the guide for newbs on this forum has me confused...

Yes, but using LG PC Suite (downloadable from LG's website) you can just get the official version... it should update through the software with no need for you to do anything more than click a button or two.

Guest liamwilli2

I flashed it today, love it, but when I turn it off and plug in charger, it fully boots. Will a separate charging animation be added soon?

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK
I flashed it today, love it, but when I turn it off and plug in charger, it fully boots. Will a separate charging animation be added soon?

till now there are no plans of adding it i had asked him this but he said it was not important after this rom gets the major fixes done he will concentrate on the small ones :D

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK

start post updated with plans for future version and link to installing 2.3

-) Button wired headset.

(-) To deal with the MAC-address bluetooth to exchange information between the same models.

(-) Refinement of the camera

(-) Codecs divx / xvid

(-) Calls via wireless headset (if I will)

(-) Try to overclock the 3D kernel purely in the framework of the experiment.

(-) Core of 32 or 35

(-) To enslave the world and nearby galaxies.

i dint get the last one though :D

Guest liamwilli2
till now there are no plans of adding it i had asked him this but he said it was not important after this rom gets the major fixes done he will concentrate on the small ones :D

Thats ok B)

Guest Ernoke

i still hate the phone cause it vibrates one more time after i accept a call... i dont know if this is a generic android issue or related to this low-end lg crap, but it would be very nice if swiftdroid could fix or workaround the problem somehow.

Yes, but using LG PC Suite (downloadable from LG's website) you can just get the official version... it should update through the software with no need for you to do anything more than click a button or two.

yeah, i know about that, but the idea is to get my hands dirty and learn something about android, and getting fastboot/recovery etc installed, and then playing with alternative roms is an important part of that.

also, having used rockplayer and not been impressed at all, native divx/xvid capability is an absolute essential, so i hope it can be included in a later version!

Guest Adewis

I seem to be having issues with my 3g, im on tesco mobile pay monthly, any help? :S

everything else runs smooth as hell (i just need to get a bigger memory card now :D) but this just kind of bitters it B)

Guest ioncannon
i still hate the phone cause it vibrates one more time after i accept a call... i dont know if this is a generic android issue or related to this low-end lg crap, but it would be very nice if swiftdroid could fix or workaround the problem somehow.

The fix for this is easy. Go to Settings -> Call Settings.

On the page there's several options relating to vibrate and calls.

Guest wucinac

I have a LG GT540 and Gingerbread CyanogenMod 7 8.1 sviftdroid. if anyone has a problem with the iGo? install the application and when I want to run a start to load and after two lines just to go out igo. no FC. after a certain time window to show me the application can not start. While I was at 2.1 iGo has worked flawlessly. if anyone has this problem and how it is resolved?

Guest LittleCodingFox

I also have problems with 3G, my phone can make calls and receive and send Text messages, but it can't go online unless I have a wireless network around, even though it can go online on another phone.

Guest Ernoke

guys, when my phone has it screen turned off for a while, the phone disconnects the wifi connection (and it reconnects it when its turned on again)

i have no battery booster app installed (though i used to)

is this normal?

using openswift 1.8