MIUI 1.5.27 for Liquid (Android 2.3.4) update

Guest truecolor

Guest goubatsu

Hi,

I can't use my uni wlan anymore. It's secruity is 802.1x eap and eap method is peap and phase the mschapv2, but it wont save the second phase its alwasy switching back to none. It's a problem since the last version. any fixes? or workarounds?

all other thinks works better than before. It's far more stable than the last build but it has heavy battery drain...

im looking forward to ideas to fix my problem

Edited by goubatsu

Guest bobo1425

Hello everyone,

I'm pretty pleased with this latest version, everything works pretty well. I have one problem: the compass does not work. No application using the magnetic compass does not seem to use them filled.

Any idea?

Guest Roaster87

:unsure: The Rom is great, except for the fact that it keeps rebooting... sometimes twice an hour, sometimes i can go a day with this bug acting up..

Is there anybody else experiencing this problem or am I the only one with this defect? Btw, i reflashed twice and wiped all...

Anybody any solutions? tnx :)

Guest Fulvio93

I put this rom on my liquid S100 today, 'till now, having previously wiped all, flashed 4.002.14 official rom, etcetera, everything works well, even if I don't notice any improvement from the previous version (which worked smooth as this one, and maybe even better) except for the videocam.

Actually my only problem is that even following all the instructions I found on the web I can't make Swype keyboard working properly on Miui, I solved with another similar keyboard, but it's not the same (and it isn't free, too).

Edited by Fulvio93

Guest elgubbo
Hi,

I can't use my uni wlan anymore. It's secruity is 802.1x eap and eap method is peap and phase the mschapv2, but it wont save the second phase its alwasy switching back to none. It's a problem since the last version. any fixes? or workarounds?

all other thinks works better than before. It's far more stable than the last build but it has heavy battery drain...

im looking forward to ideas to fix my problem

try adding your wifi (eduroam? :unsure:) completely manually (entering the name etc.) that worked for me...

regards

Guest umair9001

back to Using 1.4.29 with Launcher Pro..boy i must say..it runs fast as helll..amazing performance..

For those having battery issues, use the setCPU profiles to control the speed of your processor..it does save you quite some battery..

My setCPU Configs:

Speed set to 998Mhz..

Profiles configured:

Charging: 998Mhz

Screen Off: 576 Mhz to 245 Mhz

Battery > 20% = 576 Mhz to 245Mhz

Temp > 50 = 576 Mhz to 245 Mhz

Edited by umair9001

Guest TheShak
Is there any issue for the compass not working?

I don't think compass works on any GB rom, so must be a driver issue...

Also after 20hrs+ use seems 1.5.6 runs out of free ram, which is great shame for us peeps who don't switch their phones off! :unsure:

Guest Rajit
I don't think compass works on any GB rom, so must be a driver issue...

Also after 20hrs+ use seems 1.5.6 runs out of free ram, which is great shame for us peeps who don't switch their phones off! :unsure:

I'm currently on 1.4.15 (didn't get time to upgrade) and its the same here. It's got a memory leak.

Guest hvlt
Thanks, but if someone knows how to do a french patch, I really would like to know... :unsure:

For french people, here are the steps, it works for me :

1 - extract build.prop from truecolor port and change these lines

ro.product.locale.language=fr

ro.product.locale.region=FR

persist.sys.language=fr

persist.sys.country=FR

2 - download french pack from miui-dev.com

for ex :

http://www.miui-dev.com/forums/showthread....AIO-(N1-Desire)

take N1 patch FR

extract et modify updater-script file under : META-INF/com/google/android

remove theses lines :

package_extract_file("system/bin/clear_dalvik.sh", "/tmp/clear_dalvik.sh");

set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/clear_dalvik.sh");

run_program("/tmp/clear_dalvik.sh");

format("yaffs2", "MTD", "cache");

ui_print("Nettoyage cache /Dalvik-cache : OK");

if not, you will lose signal

3 - in patch FR zip : replace build.prop whith the one from step 1

do the same for update-script file

3 bis - you can also replace bootanimation.zip if you don't like the one from French language pack

4 - flash with no signed option

Hope this help

Guest dancerobot

Edit: nevermind, I just lost my signal again! :unsure: Gonna try the cache fix, see if it helps...

1.5.6 with the CM kernel Lens_flare posted, and my CPU put to 998MHz all the time with SetCPU, things have been working perfectly! No more signal loss, no more weird boot issues, battery life is still good, things are smooth and fast.

use CM new kernel with fixes

http://www.multiupload.com/3CZOI18GL0

Edited by dancerobot

Guest Rajit

Flashed 1.5.6 last night. Launcher was laggy. So wiped all and then flashed again, but launcher was still laggy.

Continued installing my apps, suddenly lost signal, which wouldn't come back. Reverted back to 1.4.15 through Nandroid.

Since i don't have time now to reflash with the new kernel, and reconfigure all my settings and apps, and I probably won't find time for a month, I guess I'll be back in mid June. Hope that things are much smoother by then.

All the best Truecolor and Lens_flare... :unsure:

Guest Mr.NEW
1.5.6 with the CM kernel Lens_flare posted, and my CPU put to 998MHz all the time with SetCPU, things have been working perfectly! No more signal loss, no more weird boot issues, battery life is still good, things are smooth and fast.

Thanks a lot truecolor! Thanks Lens_flare!

Super happy with my phone these days! :unsure:

Can I install CM new kernel after flash rom 1.5.6?

Guest umair9001
Can I install CM new kernel after flash rom 1.5.6?

1.5.6 doesn't remember the settings, so once you restart you will probably loose all your settings.

Also, wifi doesn't get the IP Address automatically once the new kernel is flashed.

I would advice to stick to 1.4.29 for now..its really good..

Guest MoNzAi1988

Thanks a lot truecolor! Thanks Lens_flare!

Super happy with my phone these days! :unsure:

is cm kernel from lensflare posted a must after flashing truecolour 1.5.6?

Guest TheShak
1.5.6 doesn't remember the settings, so once you restart you will probably loose all your settings.

Also, wifi doesn't get the IP Address automatically once the new kernel is flashed.

I would advice to stick to 1.4.29 for now..its really good..

agreed!

Guest melnik

I have Acer Liquid Metal with android 2.2

Can I install this update?

Best RGDS

2011/04/30

Release Notes:

1, based on MIUI 1.4.22 (Android 2.3.3)

2, phone (call waiting is available) / GPRS / Camera/Camcorder / GPS / WIFI (WIFI tether) / Bluetooth / light sensor / proximity sensor works fine

3, fixed data/3G disconnect after call

4, missed calls / unread message light fixed

5, optimiza proximity sensor

6, add QuickBoot, RootExplorer

7, update liquid settings to v 1.2[Vibrate ON/OFF, Set sensitivity, Compcache Autostart, Compcache Start/Stop,Ads filter](Thanks Koud, gnufabio and enrix835)

8, change default languag to english

9, fixed usb tether(share phone's network to PC via USB )

10,remove unused hardware settings of liquid (such as the LED light color settings, trackball setting)

11, improves battery life

12,fixed change the brightness via the toggle button(additional reboot is need)

Known issues:

1,unknown

Download:

download here 1.5.6

2011/03/06

Release Notes:

1.based on MIUI 1.3.5

2.update to chocolate kernel

3.fixed missedcall light

4.add A2SD support (thanks thepasto)

5.fixed proximity sensor

6.fixed light sensor

7.fixed wire control headset(phone and music)

8.add WIFI tether support (can be bound to USB, binding WIFI)(thanks roggin)

9.bluetooth fix included.

10.add QuickBoot, RootExplorer

11.add liquid settings [Vibrate ON/OFF, Set sensitivity, Compcache Autostart, Compcache Start/Stop,Ads filter](Thanks Koud, gnufabio and enrix835)

12.change default languag to english

bugs:

browser fc.(patch:download)

Download:

download here 1.3.5

Thanks koudelka,roggin,thepasto

Guest Master_T
I have Acer Liquid Metal with android 2.2

Can I install this update?

Best RGDS

You can't install ANYTHING you find in this forum on the Liquid Metal. You should check out the dedicated forum here:

http://android.modaco.com/category/502/ace...tal-modaco-com/

On another note: is the "sd card error" on music app fixed in 1.5.6? If so, can anyone share MiuiMusic.apk? I don't want to reflash just for that...

Edited by Master_T