MIUI 1.5.27 for Liquid (Android 2.3.4) update

Guest truecolor

Guest Lens_flare

I think battery life is a beta kernel issue too.. try to push Phoenix one(via fastboot f.e.), but remember that you have to push brcm4325(correct me if I'm wrong) to system/lib/modules. And remember that BT issue will come again.

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest Lens_flare

Humm, it was fixed in frameworks time ago.. but I'm not sure that fix is present in new version..

And I don't actually know how to fix it(replacing smali-s in services.jar didn't help in May versions f.e.)

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest dicer13

Hi fellas, I am havig hard time figuring out how to unlock market. I tryed the recovery scripts without any result. I cant find apps like the google maps and latitude. Can you sugest me a way around. I am using Lense's Mod (best one for me so far, cograts Lense_flare)

Guest Lens_flare

Recovery scripts are for android 2.1 or lesser.

It's so strange that google phone can't find google maps on the google's market :/

You can try to use alternative market apps as they are open and downloadable.

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest dicer13

Aanother question. I have tryed to bring bulgarian as an input language for the android keyboard using Locale2 app and it does the trick althou it does not list it in the input language list of the setting menu (sort of sets it as default keyboard) but I am unable to activate another language to be switchable for the keyboard layout and also it translates some of the menue listing and some apear in chinese. It is an app incompetability no doubt but is it possible just to adapt the layout an an aditional input layout?

Guest Lens_flare

You can use GB keyboard from the market.

You are not recommended to use locale app because MIUI isn't CM, it always has only one-two full translation for one rom(f.e. Russian roms having english&russian translations only).

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest joker87
hello Truecolor,

thank you for your topic!

I have flashed almost 3 times the 1.3.18 version (of course... I did wipe, wipe sd, wipe all the world and so on...) but my problem still exists: when an incoming call arrive, the phone rings at audible volume only once and then it becames mute... NOte that this happens only with all the melodies included in the added pack melody. Instead with the enclosed "world" melody it work fine.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you in Advance,

Gianni

ps: my version is 1.3.18 (carrera13 file) base band 05.01.05.

I'm having the same issue with 1.3.5, I've tried only with "digital phone" ringtone, is there any fix?

PS: sorry if I ask it there, I haven't found any specific forum section, how to get directly to the first unread post of a subscribed topic? I can get only to the latest post.

Edited by joker87

Guest cowymo
Try to airplane mod it and reboot.

I've tested in one call, it works ;)

anyway you can use sanity app as a workaround if you meet a problem.

so dies it drop signal all the time after a call and do a reboot in airplane mode?

or just do it once and the problem will be gone??

Guest cowymo
Try to airplane mod it and reboot.

I've tested in one call, it works ;)

anyway you can use sanity app as a workaround if you meet a problem.

so dies it drop signal all the time after a call and do a reboot in airplane mode?

or just do it once and the problem will be gone??

Guest Lens_flare
I'm having the same issue with 1.3.5, I've tried only with "digital phone" ringtone, is there any fix?

Noway.. but you can try the newest MIUI version ;)

it drop signal all the time after a call

Something went wrong for you.. you can try to reflash this.

Guest joker87
Noway.. but you can try the newest MIUI version :P

;)

Another issue: have you noticed data disconnection when enabling GPS? Not when toggling it on, when some app access the GPS module. Only solution is disable/re-enable it from toggles. I had this both on 1.3.5 and 2.3.4 based releases.

Guest Lens_flare

I think it's about new A-GPS engine. When App is accessing GPS, framework executes something like APN_switch command.

I had this both on 1.3.5 and 2.3.4 based releases.

But it's strange to see this in 1.3.5 where there is no A-GPS..

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest TheShak

I've been using the phoenix 1.6.10 3rd version (dated 12 June 2011) with the process as spec'd by Lens_flare to convert to english and it's the best MIUI by far..

For me, everything works. BT, Wifi, GPS, MMS, 3G etc. and no FC's The battery life is good, lasts 1.5 days with regular use.

Best of all the new sensor fix by Truecolor in this makes this work just as good (if not better) as stock rom, no more getting stuck with blank screens after a long call, also it's instant on/off!

And yes, the loss of signal after a call is fixed now, so no more turning data on/off by hand...and the annoying loss of signal after reboot is also fixed so reboot as many times as you need, no probs. ;) this was due to some issue regarding carrier name...

@lens_flare, some of these fixes are in the new boot.img from Truecolors rom, so I don't know if you'd want to update your 1.6.10 ??

Anyway thanks Truecolor and Len_flare for a fabulous ROM!!! and also giving the encouragement to try stuff out :P

Guest Lens_flare

Uh-huh.. I am really sure that Truecolor's new boot just the same as Suxsem's new one. I'm going to compile new one when off rom will out..

I'm still dunno what happened with Liquid Team.

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest zorginho
I've been using the phoenix 1.6.10 3rd version (dated 12 June 2011) with the process as spec'd by Lens_flare to convert to english and it's the best MIUI by far..

For me, everything works. BT, Wifi, GPS, MMS, 3G etc. and no FC's The battery life is good, lasts 1.5 days with regular use.

Best of all the new sensor fix by Truecolor in this makes this work just as good (if not better) as stock rom, no more getting stuck with blank screens after a long call, also it's instant on/off!

And yes, the loss of signal after a call is fixed now, so no more turning data on/off by hand...and the annoying loss of signal after reboot is also fixed so reboot as many times as you need, no probs. ;) this was due to some issue regarding carrier name...

@lens_flare, some of these fixes are in the new boot.img from Truecolors rom, so I don't know if you'd want to update your 1.6.10 ??

Anyway thanks Truecolor and Len_flare for a fabulous ROM!!! and also giving the encouragement to try stuff out :P

How to convert a miui in English? I've never seen that procedure...

Guest Lens_flare

Replace langpack contents with base rom, besides of build.prop of course.

BTW where can I download Phoenix's roms? There are no links.. everbox links were died ;)

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest Pirania
Replace langpack contents with base rom, besides of build.prop of course.

BTW where can I download Phoenix's roms? There are no links.. everbox links were died ;)

wait for the latest MIUI Liquid 1.6.17 from truecolor