'New' ZTE devices

Guest aleckxander

Guest KillerMackem

I really don't know whether or not to buy a Blade or wait for the Skate. I don't want a device that's going to be left behind in terms of software updates (Always like the newest software on my devices)

Guest Maringer
I really don't know whether or not to buy a Blade or wait for the Skate. I don't want a device that's going to be left behind in terms of software updates (Always like the newest software on my devices)

If the Skate is anywhere near as good value as the Blade, chances are that it will sell extremely well and I wouldn't be surprised to see at Cyanogenmod ROM produced for it before too long, especially if the chipset is little more than a factory overclocked MSM7227, if rumours are to be believe. If the enthusiasts who build CM take up the Skate, I'd say that you're probably more likely to see new versions of Android on it than on many other, more expensive phones!

Guest TouchyAndalou

Having just recently purchased a Blade myself, I too faced this dilemma. In the end I figured that 1) the Skate is probably going to be released at a higher list price than the Blade is now and 2) Orange are unlikely to release their branded edition of the phone straight away anyhow (which was the case with the Blade). For these reasons I decided to get a Blade now, wait for the release of the Skate (and for it to drop in price and for modders to start doing their work) and then consider upgrading in about a year or so. The Skate does look good, but the Blade certainly has enough going for it to be my device for now.

Edited by TouchyAndalou

Guest ronc2000

Whether one wants to buy skate very much depends on the price.

People who want to wait for it thinking there is similar price deal as the blade.

But I have a hunch that people will be disappointed.

PAYG OSF is the deal of the century and I do not think any other one will come near, even skate comes from the same ZTE stable. It may even not come to Orange.

So if I were you, I get OSF NOW.

Guest cmberry20

I would still consider a Skate if its around £150.

As long as performance & camera was better than the Blade

Most people would still by a Blade if it was priced at £150!

Guest oh!dougal
Im not sure if this has been posted here before:

Latest terminals from ZTE

Anyone think that the that Z-Pad Z70 is going to be a v9 in a fancy metal(ish) case?

Hmmm. The Z70 has 2.1 no hardware front buttons... and built-in PSP emulation ???

And also, what sort of penguins do they have in China...

Probably MotherCare penguins!

If its waterproof and shockproof, it looks ideal for pre-teens. Perhaps they have taken the 'youthful' idea a little too far!

And I think that the mobile data wifi router looks as though it was 'styled' by the Blade's stylist. Or else cobbled together from leftover Blade concept sketches ...

Guest Azurren
Hmmm. The Z70 has 2.1 no hardware front buttons... and built-in PSP emulation ???

I think they mean PsP = Play station Portable (PS1) :(

As I seriously doubt it would be capable of emulating the PsP and that a legit company would focus tiem and money into making something illegal :(

Guest ronc2000
I would still consider a Skate if its around £150.

As long as performance & camera was better than the Blade

Most people would still by a Blade if it was priced at £150!

I think it is a bit more than £200, sim free.

Even Blade costs very near that, sim free.

Network subsidised handsets do not reflect their true values.

Guest cmberry20

to be fair, the Blade (San Francisco) is pretty much SIM free from Orange. Mine was unlocked within 10 minutes of purchasing it. All i have to put up with is a little onange square on the back!!

But, i dont think i would have purchased the Blade if it couldnt be unlocked & a SIM free cost £200.

But can yo buy a SIM free one in the UK??

Guest ronc2000
to be fair, the Blade (San Francisco) is pretty much SIM free from Orange. Mine was unlocked within 10 minutes of purchasing it. All i have to put up with is a little onange square on the back!!

But, i dont think i would have purchased the Blade if it couldnt be unlocked & a SIM free cost £200.

But can yo buy a SIM free one in the UK??

Of course there is no sim free price in UK.

But you can look at the prices of Blade and Dell version.

Guest technomonkey

I'm interested in the Skate but considering you can get a HTC Desire for a little over £200 now I would hope the Skate would be a fair bit cheaper. I have been impressed with the blade and I would like to remain loyal to ZTE but will wait see...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest finbaar
I'm interested in the Skate but considering you can get a HTC Desire for a little over £200 now I would hope the Skate would be a fair bit cheaper. I have been impressed with the blade and I would like to remain loyal to ZTE but will wait see...

I think I have said this before but at 'our' end of the market it is a bit pointless being loyal - leave that for the fanboys. Just get the best value phone out there and don't worry about who has made it. If Apple produce a budget Android for £150 with these specs I would buy it. Of course they wont but there are other budget manufacturers out there.

Guest cmberry20

cool links hajj

Glad to see that they gave the phone a more positive feedback & stated that it was much smoother now.

Come-on ZTE, dont get greedy & sell it for £200+

<£150 is the sweet spot!!!

Guest deksman2
cool links hajj

Glad to see that they gave the phone a more positive feedback & stated that it was much smoother now.

Come-on ZTE, dont get greedy & sell it for £200+

<£150 is the sweet spot!!!

£100 is more than enough if you ask me (or up to £120).

The hardware specs of the device in question cannot really justify a higher price given the premise it's utilizing what became 'outdated' hardware (although to be honest, that hardware is still powerful enough :-) ).

Guest sane?
£100 is more than enough if you ask me (or up to £120).

The hardware specs of the device in question cannot really justify a higher price given the premise it's utilizing what became 'outdated' hardware (although to be honest, that hardware is still powerful enough :-) ).

You could hope that the reason for the delay in release is because they are retooling with a 1Ghz CPU capable of running Flash, and a better GPU in tandem.

Frankly, with the announced specs, its not worth more than the ton if sold in the same way as the Blade. However, paying a few quid more for the parts could enable them to be contenders. It should be a no-brainer, swap the processor/GPU out for a newer model and justify £50 extra in price.

Personally I'm not holding my breathe and I'm looking around to see who's next to taken on the ZTE budget crown.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cuttysark76
You could hope that the reason for the delay in release is because they are retooling with a 1Ghz CPU capable of running Flash, and a better GPU in tandem.

Frankly, with the announced specs, its not worth more than the ton if sold in the same way as the Blade. However, paying a few quid more for the parts could enable them to be contenders. It should be a no-brainer, swap the processor/GPU out for a newer model and justify £50 extra in price.

Personally I'm not holding my breathe and I'm looking around to see who's next to taken on the ZTE budget crown.

Agree...

I'm going to get the Huawei X6 U9000 when it arrives.

If it has the same price tag...

I think this s the REAL upgrade!

ARMv7... 1GHZ... Adreno 205...512 MB RAM, 2 GB ROM

480 x 800 pixels, 4.1 inches

Guest Mushroom_Lord
Agree...

Nice Find: Kinda out of the skates pricetag though :)

Guest jeddy1
Agree...

wow and what with that? bec it support flash? its not enough your computer?come on now dont be rude about skate:p.they will not even have same price.u say when it will come so imagine its price! i buyed my pulse one and half year ago 300 euro with even one quarter specs of ideos x6.expect this 350 euros and skate for 180-270.btw skate comes with 2.3 and ideos x6 2.2 :)

Edited by jeddy1

Guest cuttysark76
wow and what with that? bec it support flash? its not enough your computer?come on now dont be rude about skate:p.they will not even have same price.u say when it will come so imagine its price! i buyed my pulse one and half year ago 300 euro with even one quarter specs of ideos x6.expect this 350 euros and skate for 180-270.btw skate comes with 2.3 and ideos x6 2.2 :)

You are wrong m8!

ZTE Skate is just a Blade with a bigger screen and factory overclocked...

ARMv7= Flash=Firefox4

3G+ ------->> 14.4Mb/s

1GHZ

Dual Cameras

2 GB ROM

The Huawei X6 U9000 is a real World Phone, with 2.3 already available.

T-Mobile will get it also...

I'm just waiting for it in Europe!

You may find it with different brands:

Huawei X6 U9000

http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_u9000_ideos_x6-3595.php

Viewsonic Viewpad 4

http://www.viewsonic.com/company/news/vs_p...ease_454699.htm

<a href="http://www.ADVERT LINK REMOVED.com/phones/ViewSonic-ViewPad-4_id5131" target="_blank">http://www.ADVERT LINK REMOVED.com/phones/ViewSonic-ViewPad-4_id5131</a>

Cherry Mobile Magnum HD A400 (philippines)

http://www.cherrymobile.com.ph/site/mobiles/magnum.html

Spice CSL Mi 410 - Slim (india)

WellcoM A99 (thailand)

http://www.wellcommobile.com/

OliveSmart VS300 Android tablet (india) 2.3 version

http://www.olivetelecom.in/mobile-phone/an...ve-smart-vs300/

http://news.oneindia.in/2011/02/11/tech-ol...ew-aid0102.html

CSL Blueberry Mi 410 (malasya)

I found it for 300€ without contract in Malasya...

http://www.imcc.com.my/store/categories.php?category=CSL

SK8? Don't think so...

Edited by cuttysark76