'New' ZTE devices

Guest aleckxander

Guest aleckxander

It seems that 3 new devices from zte where confirmed some times ago at WMC 2011

sadly i found only an italian preview with pictures

http://android.hdblog.it/2011/02/14/zte-pr...-light-e-skate/

Zte Skate:

4.3skate-zte_140211.jpg

Android 2.3 - 4.3″ display - WVGA - 800Mhz - GPU Adreno 200 - 5Mp camera - GSM/GPRS/EDGE/HSDPA/UMTS - Bluetooth - WiFi - AGPS - G-Sensor - digital compass.

Zte Light:

Light1_zte_140211.jpg

7″ capacitive display, Android 2.2, WiFi, GPS, 3G

It seems that a 10'' gingerbread dural-core tablet is on the road too, but no hardware at the WMC.

zteok_zte_img_0601.jpg

via http://android.hdblog.it

Edited by aleckxander

Guest 90180360
Zte Skate:

4.3skate-zte_140211.jpg

Android 2.3 - 4.3″ display - WVGA - 800Mhz - GPU Adreno 200 - 5Mp camera - GSM/GPRS/EDGE/HSDPA/UMTS - Bluetooth - WiFi - AGPS - G-Sensor - digital compass.

ZTE Blade II? :D

Nice especially as it will come with Android 2.3

but still no camera flash - no excuse that is just bad planning

Edit: it does actually look like an led camera so all is forgiven :D

If the phone is as cheap(ish) as the blade then it should be a top seller

Good news and bad news for us then, good news in that there will be new devices, bad news in that ZTE will no doubt drop "support" for the Blade in the not too distant future, thankfully we appear to be almost ZTE free with CM etc coming.

Guest Azurren
Im really interested in that 10" 1.2GHz dual core honeycomb tablet

Wish it was 7" though :D

And @phonescoop said the Skates build quality was bad.. But they said the Blades build quality was horrendous!

So the Skate is almost perfect by our standards :D

Guest Stuart_f

That has got to be one of the worst attempts to photoshop a screen onto the ZTE Light I've ever seen. Either that or the bezel really is a lot thicker at one end than the other. Actually, with ZTE's build quality that may be true! :D

Edited by Stuart_f

WHY is everyone so paranoid about adobe flash?

The "Only" thing I can't do on my Blade that needs flash for is play farmville and I can do that on my computer so it's not a big deal.

As to if it supports it then how would anyone possibly know when it's only just been announced and the only things known about it so far is what you see above you.

Please be patient, it won't be available till May at the very least so a long time to wait.

Guest fredewis

Hay thanks for the reply,is not that I am not patient is just that if they where to launch a new device and knowing that one highlights of android is full flash suport on web, then it should be there I have had 3 androids so far and I have dealed with no having flash fine ... and yes may it is

Liking the ZTE Skate, fingers crossed they'll be released with a sensible price in mind....something like £90 :D

I can dream :D

They are wittering on about addressing the mid to high segments as well as the budget. However without a 1Ghz+ dual core, I think they are whistling.

Chances are they will try to push the price significantly higher than the blade, and then be forced down when it doesn't sell in the numbers.

Guest The-One

Adreno 200? Jeez not again that crappy gpu.

The phone its huge, by watching the video you can see the screen is not oled cause the blue tint and the blacks are not really blacks, more like a gray'ish. Looks way better build than the blade but if you'd ask me it will only worth it if it is in the same price range the blade was. if it costs more does not worth it, you will probably get better with the arrival of the dual cores and price drops on the single cores.

The guy also places it side by side with a Blade.

Edited by The-One

Guest ivanko021

Shame on you ZTE!

Look at the back button, people! I'm having difficulties operating with it with one hand on my Blade and it's maybe the most frequently used button!

Now imagine how would it feel on that 4,3" Skate device!

Shame!

(anyway if it's 99 pounds i'm definitely buying it! :D )

Guest jurrasstoil
Adreno 200? Jeez not again that crappy gpu.

The phone its huge, by watching the video you can see the screen is not oled cause the blue tint and the blacks are not really blacks, more like a gray'ish. Looks way better build than the blade but if you'd ask me it will only worth it if it is in the same price range the blade was. if it costs more does not worth it, you will probably get better with the arrival of the dual cores and price drops on the single cores.

The guy also places it side by side with a Blade.

well, the girl's tiny hands really make it seem humongous. Until the dude held the blade next to it i wouldn't have been surprised if the girl was just showing a 7" tablet...

something like 150-180 quid seem reasonable depending on the build and camera quality.

Edited by jurrasstoil

They are still showing and promoting the Blade at MWC - so I would say the Blade continues as the 'mid range' Android phone and the other two new Android phones the low and high end (by ZTE standards).

Me thinks the Blade will continue. Suspect the Skate will retail around £149 PAYG if Orange or others in the UK pick it up.

Edited by sipart