15/Feb r8a -rc3 (1.09) - Now with MAP, and FULL Maket and Latest busybox

Guest Dan Holliday

Guest Tony Williams
Yeah I'm having the same problem with the Market. Seems it's an issue with 1.09 rather than this particular package, not sure of the cause as yet.

Interestingly I`ve had the same error message appear on my Orange San Fran a couple of times today, wonder if its actually a market issue rather than a Rom issue?

Guest dfghggfgfd
I can confirm it works on windows but haven't tested the mac/linux scripts (though they should work).

Thanks, Linux-Version works fine.

Market also works without a problem, but it obviously hides many applications, anyone knows what to change to show up all applications again?

Guest Dan Holliday

Market also works without a problem, but it obviously hides many applications, anyone knows what to change to show up all applications again?

Yeah if anyone does know that would be good. I wasn't sure if it was hiding apps as only one app I use is missing. I haven't had time to research this yet.

Guest HunteronX
Yeah if anyone does know that would be good. I wasn't sure if it was hiding apps as only one app I use is missing. I haven't had time to research this yet.

You have to take the fingerprint from Paul's custom rom, which is located in the build.prop file in the 'system' folder, and replace the fingerprint in the 1.09 firmware's build.prop.

The information should look something like this (You can replace the fingerprint with this):

# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint

ro.build.description=harmony-eng 2.2 FRF91 20110105.180720 test-keys

#ro.build.fingerprint=nvidia/harmony/harmony/harmony:2.2/FRF91/20110105.180720:eng/test-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2/FRF91/43546:user/release-keys

The bold sections are the ones that need replacing.

Also, here's the build.prop (in a zip file) from Paul's 1.08 custom rom.

build.zip

Edited by HunteronX

Guest Dan Holliday
Downloaded this ROM update earlier today and got it working.

It was just a problem with permissions basically. It was overwriting /system/bin/sh with the one from the archive without chmod'ing to make it executable, so all further "shell" calls would fail. Makes sense it would work for your since the permissions would've been correct on your machine, but were lost once packaged into the zip archive. Anyway, I've updated all installer scripts to fix this and tidied up things a little. I can confirm it works on windows but haven't tested the mac/linux scripts (though they should work).

I've update the scripts now with the new ones you provided. Thanks Mird.

Dan

Guest Dan Holliday
You have to take the fingerprint from Paul's custom rom, which is located in the build.prop file in the 'system' folder, and replace the fingerprint in the 1.09 firmware's build.prop.

The information should look something like this (You can replace the fingerprint with this):

# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint

ro.build.description=harmony-eng 2.2 FRF91 20110105.180720 test-keys

#ro.build.fingerprint=nvidia/harmony/harmony/harmony:2.2/FRF91/20110105.180720:eng/test-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2/FRF91/43546:user/release-keys

The bold sections are the ones that need replacing.

Also, here's the build.prop (in a zip file) from Paul's 1.08 custom rom.

Will try and get this to work tonight (Girlfriend Permitting) Thanks for your help

Edited by Dan Holliday

Guest Dan Holliday

Hi there,

Market should have full access now.

Guest dfghggfgfd
Market should have full access now.

Thanks, but while there are clearly more apps, it still doesn´t show everything.

For example Google Earth or Google Maps still doesn´t show up.

Guest HunteronX
Thanks, but while there are clearly more apps, it still doesn´t show everything.

For example Google Earth or Google Maps still doesn´t show up.

They do for me. Try wiping the market's data, by going to 'Settings', 'Applications' and then 'Manage Applications'.

Select the 'All' tab, and then find the Market application. Tap on it; select 'Force Stop', and then 'Clear data'. That should do it.

If this doesn't work, just reboot the tablet, and wait for 24 hours maximum (I know it's a lot!).

Edited by HunteronX

Guest carl rose
Hi Guys...

The new Vega rom has been released at http://www.myadventvega.co.uk

I hope this post makes sense, it's my first real post, and the first time ever that I've hacked a rom.

Same rules apply, I'm not responsible for any damage that happens to your Vega, you try this at your own risk.

I've based this heavily on what Paul has done, so thanks Paul.

Install should be the same as Paul but I've only tested this using ADB on Linux (Ubuntu 10.04).

Doesn't seem to work with clockworkmod*

This should give you everything Pauls update did, it includes the MCR, so OpenVPN works, and CIFS Manager.

The new version of flash is soooo much faster and makes the BBC iPlayer a dream. The team at advent, seem to have

fixed a lot of cool things.

Well let me know what you think.

I've just uploaded this to help out, I don't think I will be doing regular updates, all thought I will try to reply to any questions.

PLEASE NOTE: You must upgrade to 1.09 first and then install my patch before doing anything else.

if you don't know how to install please see Pauls post here

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...online-kitchen/

Ok good luck, and enjoy.

Dan

Download here :D

Please help, my install doesn't seem to have the finess of Pauls, so if any one can improve on it then let me know.

r8a with small status bar

r8a with normal status bar

(Please be aware that I will host these files until Paul release a new rom then they will be gone)

PS, can't get google maps or street to install. Keeps complaining that it runs out of space. SORRY :D

Change History

14/Feb/11 - Initial Release

15/Feb/11 - Updated install scripts to those provided by Mird. (Cheers Mird)

15/Feb/11 - Update build.prop to give access to full market. (Cheers HunteronX)

Great work. Many thanks. One question though, what did you change in the build.prop to give market full access?

Thanks in advance

P.s ignore this, did not read the last post

Edited by carl rose

Guest Graham Macleod

Just a pointer for anyone installing.

This package breaks Flash for some reason, but it's not a problem. Just reinstall it. The new flash APK file is to be found in:

/system/etc/shuttle_data

(which is not where it was before)

You can use iFileManager to do this.

Guest MarioUK
They do for me. Try wiping the market's data, by going to 'Settings', 'Applications' and then 'Manage Applications'.

Select the 'All' tab, and then find the Market application. Tap on it; select 'Force Stop', and then 'Clear data'. That should do it.

If this doesn't work, just reboot the tablet, and wait for 24 hours maximum (I know it's a lot!).

Hi,

I also had a problem with several apps missing including Google Maps. I did the following and it fixed the problem for me:

1. Go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

2. Click the All tab

3. Scroll down to the "Market" app and click Clear Cache followed by "Force Stop". DO NOT click "Clear data"

4. Scroll to "Google Services Framework" and click "Clear data" followed by "Force Stop".

5. Reboot the Vega

6. Go to the Market app. You may get an error when you start up, if so kill the Market app with a task killer.

7. Once you are in the Market, the missing apps should appear again, including Google Maps

Hope this helps!

Mario

UPDATE: I just re-installed the rom on my Vega, and the above process didn't work initially. I had to repeat it twice for the apps to show, so bear that in mind!

Edited by MarioUK

Guest Graham Macleod

A different problem and a first for me. Some apps just won't install. In particular Tweetdeck and Tasker. From the Market they both complain about a missing shared library. What's very strange is that Titanium also fails to restore them, but it doesn't say why. It seems to be a gapps problem of some kind but trying to flash gapps over this was a disaster, restored. Any ideas?

Guest Graham Macleod
I have the same problem with My Fake Location, it won´t install over the market nor with Titanium backup.

Hmm. I hadn't noticed that one, but you're right.

In fact, any application that uses or looks for the Google Maps api won't install.

The error message from logcat is:

Package xxx requires unavailable shared library com.google.android.maps: failing!

Ideas?

Guest Graham Macleod

OK, think I've figured it out. You need to push two files which have been missed off this release. They are in Paul's version 8 release though.

From files\system\framework push com.google.android.maps.jar to /system/framework

and from files\system\etc\permissions push com.google.android.maps.xml to /system/etc/permissions

Then you'll be able to install.

Edited by Graham Macleod

Guest dfghggfgfd

It works, although not without problems.

I couldn´t transfer the files because there is not enough space left.

So I deleted the folder /system/etc/Dix

This folder contains some windows-installers, I don´t think they are useful on an Android-device. This frees about 4,5MB which is enough to push the missing files (and maybe even more)

After that the Market again hid some Apps from me, but after doing the procedure described above I could get access again and the Apps would install.

Guest Dan Holliday
It works, although not without problems.

I couldn´t transfer the files because there is not enough space left.

So I deleted the folder /system/etc/Dix

This folder contains some windows-installers, I don´t think they are useful on an Android-device. This frees about 4,5MB which is enough to push the missing files (and maybe even more)

After that the Market again hid some Apps from me, but after doing the procedure described above I could get access again and the Apps would install.

Hi there,

I'm trying to fix the rom to include the updates that everyone has found. However, when I search for google earth, it doesn't appear. Please can you or anyone else check to see if they can find google earth through the market.

If not anyone out there know how to get this to display?

Guest dfghggfgfd
Please can you or anyone else check to see if they can find google earth through the market.

I can´t find it either, I restored it with TitaniumBackup, so I didn´t notice it until now.