[ROM] 16. Feb. 2011 - BBlack-CM7 build

Guest metzench

Guest rayraven
Uploaded a new build, see changelog in second post for details.

Should i continue to submit builds or is no one interested and wnats to wait for official nightly builds? I would then continue this only for me now... Think i´ll play around with the kernel now, to add tun module and perhaps add some custom apps like Titanium Backup.

Regards,

Christian

Perhaps you should try and see if you can get the cm kernel working on the blade?

Since the nightlies are going to start, it's pointless [even for you] to do this i suppose.

P.S: The brightness levels are merged in the blade tree now.

Guest metzench
Perhaps you should try and see if you can get the cm kernel working on the blade?

Since the nightlies are going to start, it's pointless [even for you] to do this i suppose.

P.S: The brightness levels are merged in the blade tree now.

Pointless not really, personally for me its just experimenting fun.

Brightness level fix is already merged in my latest release.

Guest rayraven

^No offense intended mate, i was just saying that since the latest code would be built automatically anyway, you might want to spend time working on other stuff, like the kernel or the touchscreen issue etc.

Guest metzench
^No offense intended mate, i was just saying that since the latest code would be built automatically anyway, you might want to spend time working on other stuff, like the kernel or the touchscreen issue etc.

No Problem, didn´t take as offense. :-) I´ll go and do some kernel building today....

Guest metzench
fix, disable switching off screen inside calls as long as the bug is fixed

how to set?Thank you

Two posts same thing......

Settings -> Call Settings

There you can select to not switch off screen.

I only see settings to Keep screen awake (Screen will stay awake longer...) but this don't fix the bug :D

Screen is keeping awake only for several seconds.

There is also a setting: Always use proximity but this one don't resolve this bug too :)

as for me the proximity sensor is working even if you turn it off in settings so maybe it's the origin of this bug.

PS.

Sorry for my poor english :D

Edited by zata

Guest mapstec

Indeed not :-(

Saw that in the other thread, installed it, flashing CM7 now...

Thanks

Edit: installed and ran it for a bit.

Wow, I am impressed, android works great, device is really responsive, love the DSP manager, I really, really would like to go on using it...

... but for the phone bug. Putting the phone on USB brings the screen back, but there will be times when I do not have a charger or different computer + cable with me, so sadly I will revisit once the bug is fixed.

Thanks metzench for the rom package!

Edited by mapstec

Guest metzench

So guys, some updates, i build a custom kernel now including

- ondemand governor for overclocking

- tun modules

- cifs,ext4 support

- rds fixes

Testing the image now.

Edited by metzench

Guest fonix232
So guys, some updates, i build a custom kernel now including

- ondemand governor for overclocking

- tun modules

- cifs,ext4 support

- rds fixes

Testing the image now.

Also add overclocked frequencies and the AR6002 wifi driver please :D

And maybe some support for USB host mode? With included HID and storage stuff, and NTFS support?

Guest metzench
Also add overclocked frequencies and the AR6002 wifi driver please :D

And maybe some support for USB host mode? With included HID and storage stuff, and NTFS support?

Do you have any infos about these? I´ll investigate then.

Overclocked frequencies is not kernel related, isn´t it?

Guest fonix232
Do you have any infos about these? I´ll investigate then.

Overclocked frequencies is not kernel related, isn´t it?

It is, you need to add the frequencies to the CPU table :D Also, undervolting would be good too.

The USB Host details are here: http://sven.killig.de/android/Blade/usb_host/

It adds overclocked AHB bus and CPU overclock too. Also check the Nexus One page, it contains some more info.

Guest Nick Rhodes

I don't mean this in anyway rude, your work is appreciated.

But I honestly think that this ROM/thread is the wrong approach.

Shortly, we will be able to get automated builds from Cyanogen directly.

They also have bug tracker in place where bugs can be reported (and is far more efficient that using a forum) - http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?titl...e_Issue_Tracker.

I think you would be better directing your effort utilising the resources available, rather than reinventing the wheel and potentially duplicating effort.

No reason why you can't continue to do most of what your doing now, testing, reporting bugs, suggesting temporary work-arounds, fixes and features - but through the official channels. They will get better visibility there, easier to spot duplicates, be able to track progress better.

I am confident that your same efforts would see greater progress if you contributed directly via Cyanogen's official channels directly.

Cheers, Nick.

I don't mean this in anyway rude, your work is appreciated.

But I honestly think that this ROM/thread is the wrong approach.

Shortly, we will be able to get automated builds from Cyanogen directly.

I've been watching the threads and trying to figure out them CM stuff and partly get it, but what I don't get and cant find and I did look in the wiki's and stuff is where or how to get a rom for the blade from Cyanogen directly.

All I can find is files, info on nightly builds but no actual roms for the blade

Guest pellonet
Uploaded a new build, see changelog in second post for details.

Should i continue to submit builds or is no one interested and wnats to wait for official nightly builds? I would then continue this only for me now... Think i´ll play around with the kernel now, to add tun module and perhaps add some custom apps like Titanium Backup.

Regards,

Christian

I think you should continue with your efforts to contribute to the community, if it offers you both a leisure interest & you see it as an educational project then go for it.

The elite group of very experienced developers who so selflessly give us all these advances also had to start somewhere & there is nothing wrong with a bit of parallel working at all levels of expertise for the greater good.

We all continue to enjoy the fruits of these efforts & are grateful for the freebies we get from it with the various ROMs from the people who develop them, they too have their own reasons for wanting to give so much.

Ignore your critics & do your thing, if you come up with a good solution then people will use it & feed back their impressions & should appreciate your efforts.

The only advice I can give you is: Illegitemi non Carborundum

Edited by pellonet

Guest Simon O

Sorry but creating your own version of CM7 with various extra apps, 'fixes' and features doesn't help development of the original port at all and will only lead to confusion. The developers have stated that they don't need alternative versions of CM7 or people building any more ROMs from the source now that official test builds will be produced shortly. What we do need are people to test these builds and report any bugs through the correct channels such as github.

People need to work together on one ROM rather than going off and doing your own thing.

Guest Simon O
I think you should continue with your efforts to contribute to the community, if it offers you both a leisure interest & you see it as an educational project then go for it.

The elite group of very experienced developers who so selflessly give us all these advances also had to start somewhere & there is nothing wrong with a bit of parallel working at all levels of expertise for the greater good.

We all continue to enjoy the fruits of these efforts & are grateful for the freebies we get from it with the various ROMs from the people who develop them, they too have their own reasons for wanting to give so much.

Ignore your critics & do your thing, if you come up with a good solution then people will use it & feed back their impressions & should be appreciate your efforts.

The only advice I can give you is: Illegitemi non Carborundum

Sorry but no. If he wants to contribute to the community then he should offer to work with the developers rather in competition.

Guest Salsaholic

I don't understand why people are so obsessed about nightlies... there are none so far!

I very much appreciate Christian's effort and understand he only wants to accelerate progress - Danke Christian! :D

Just make sure you submit your changes to Cyanogen, so everyone benefits and we don't run into diverging branches (or even competing builds like MCR, JJ, FLB...). I think this is the best way to quickly go forward for now. Once the Cyanogen machinery kicks in this will change of course.

Maybe the CM savvy folks around here could give us noobs a quick intro in how to contribute to CM with bug-reports, logs etc. The blade has a very lively community - this fact should be used!

BTW/OT: Who adds us (Blade) to the build bot? And who accepts new Cyanogen devs? Can we nominate Christian? :D

Guest sensory
Sorry but creating your own version of CM7 with various extra apps, 'fixes' and features doesn't help development of the original port at all and will only lead to confusion. The developers have stated that they don't need alternative versions of CM7 or people building any more ROMs from the source now that official test builds will be produced shortly. What we do need are people to test these builds and report any bugs through the correct channels such as github.

People need to work together on one ROM rather than going off and doing your own thing.

Agreed, not only does it lead to confusion but it would decrease the speed at which bugs are fixed in the official CM7 for the Blade by having someone who is capable of squashing bugs working on his own project. Unless of course you can find time to do both, but that just seems odd to me since your time would be best spent on an official build.

Guest Simon O
I don't understand why people are so obsessed about nightlies... there are none so far!

I very much appreciate Christian's effort and understand he only wants to accelerate progress - Danke Christian! :D

Just make sure you submit your changes to Cyanogen, so everyone benefits and we don't run into diverging branches (or even competing builds like MCR, JJ, FLB...). I think this is the best way to quickly go forward for now. Once the Cyanogen machinery kicks in this will change of course.

Maybe the CM savvy folks around here could give us noobs a quick intro in how to contribute to CM with bug-reports, logs etc. The blade has a very lively community - this fact should be used!

BTW/OT: Who adds us (Blade) to the build bot? And who accepts new Cyanogen devs? Can we nominate Christian? :D

Fork the github repo, work on fixing bugs and adding features then send pull requests upstream. Tom or Jacob will look at the code and merge in if needed.

And the rom will be added to the build bot soon. There have been no bug fixes since the last release here so you aren't missing anything.

Overclocking is being added to the kernel by HCDRJacob along with the extra functions that the 2.2 OC kernels have.

Guest Simon O
Agreed, not only does it lead to confusion but it would decrease the speed at which bugs are fixed in the official CM7 for the Blade by having someone who is capable of squashing bugs working on his own project. Unless of course you can find time to do both, but that just seems odd to me since your time would be best spent on an official build.

Absolutely. And Christian is more than welcome to submit code to the project if he's managed to fix anything. Same for anybody really.

If a noob like me can fork a github repo and push changes upstream then anybody can :D

http://help.github.com/forking/