[ROM] 16. Feb. 2011 - BBlack-CM7 build

Guest metzench

Guest metzench
Look.

All of the fixes will be published and pull-requested to the official CM blade branch. So, this is something like a nightly build, but not by buildbot.

Correct. The more participate, the faster development progresses.

Guest Nick Rhodes
That where my intentions, a already follow the development at cyanogen and will be pushing my changes/fixes whatever if there is something to push.

Hi

I am really sorry, I have misunderstood your intentions !

It may be wise to update your 1st post to make your intentions clearer :D, that you are coordinating with the Cyanogen devs, that you work to get your fixes pulled into the main build etc.

Also link to Cyanogen's official methods of support (wiki, forums etc). to help make it clearer for new users of Blade-Cyanogen when they start making builds.

Cheers, Nick.

Edited by Nick Rhodes

Guest Simon O
Well you really understood what i wnated to say. You just didn´t anything else i did with my release. You took someone elses rom and did some modifications to it, nothing else. I didn´t release CM7, i released a rom based on CM7 to further investigate what needs to be done and perhaps be helpful for the upstream developers when pushing fixes i may have found. Where´s the difference to your doing?

I never talked about not wanting to share my experiences with this, as i stated in my first post, i wanted to have a upstream source to search for bugs and not a reassembled one beeing based on compiled code already days old, nothing else.

And again, you seem to be not reading anything i posted, this was one if my main intents why i compiled this rom. ( No i didn´t take a already assembled on and made some modifications to it ). Tell me where said i will not give anything to the upstream?!

I think a few people including myself have missed your intentions with the rom so I apologise.

some question to CM7

Since CM7 does not include the google stuff this has to be flased after CM7 rom.

so my question sis, i did the repartitening so /system is 128MB. i pulled already some apps out of the google zip to to be sure it fits on 128MB

how to solve this if CM gets a little bit larger ? if it runs out of space i am sure this is fatal.

is there a easy solution to repart the device for e.g. 140MB /system instead of 128MB?

thanks

Edited by curl66

Guest Simon O
some question to CM7

Since CM7 does not include the google stuff this has to be flased after CM7 rom

so my question si, i did the repartitening so /system is 128MB. i pulled already some apps out of the google zip to to be suer it fits on 128MB

how to solve this if CM gets a little bit larger ? if it runs out of space i am sure this is fatal.

is there a easy solution to repart the device for e.g. 140MB /system instead of 128MB.

thanks

When you boot after flashing the google addon it'll only download what you choose, not all apps. So small partition users should be ok.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
When you boot after flashing the google addon it'll only download what you choose, not all apps. So small partition users should be ok.

I think it only flashes the Market to the system partition, the rest is downloaded to data.

All I did was get rid of CM wallpapers on my rom, and a few ringtones, which I don't use anyway.

After that, it fit rather nicely in my 128mb partition.

Guest That-Guy
ToDo
  • add custom Kernel with tun module
  • integrate some standard apps ( like Titanium Backup, HTC_IME Keyboard)

When you add things like Titanium Backup can you also have a standard version which just includes apps which are standard with CyanogenMod.

This would be really good as not all people want/need all the extra apps.

Thanks for the hard work :D

Guest Roxxor91
Let me decide myself if it´s obsolete or not. OK?

I apologize.

Didnt want to decide( I wouldnt dare to decide for others), I just thought and wanted to share the link of the official build :D

Edited by Roxxor91

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sjrahman

I found an app that strangely makes the proximity sensor work properly during calls. Use an app called screeble lite, its in the market. strange but worked for me. Check if it works for you lot

Guest sjrahman
I found an app that strangely makes the proximity sensor work properly during calls. Use an app called screeble lite, its in the market. strange but worked for me. Check if it works for you lot

In preferences go to in call behaviour and then choose screen locked on. the proximity sensor turns the screen off but screeble forces it back on :(

Guest ThrashMan
I think you should keep maintaining this ROM but without any CM7 stuff (Just Gingerbread Base) maybe then you have a bigger user base :D

Here here....variety being the spice of life etc I too would like to see alternative ROMs.

Good luck metzench