[ROM] CyanogenMod-7 for ZTE Blade/San Francisco :: V7.0.0-RC1 (02/16/2011)

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Guest fonix232
cool thanks just checking was really slow even on mirrors last night haven't been back sinse so just offering in case it was still slow

Always look here: http://mirror.teamdouche.net/ this is the official CM ROM download page, it is constructed so always the least used server will serve your download.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds like I'm getting the same issues as the rest of you.

1. blank screen from calls. tried the settings changes with no joy. may download that dialer from the market.

2. certain games not running when moved to SD card. in my case, angry birds, mini squadron special edition, super dynamite fishing. They run fine when on the phone. but not from the sd card.

cool thanks just checking was really slow even on mirrors last night haven't been back sinse so just offering in case it was still slow

What am I missing here,are we talking another release

edit: just realized was talking bout last nights release.

Got all excited for a moment then.

Edited by Guest

Guest jurrasstoil

tried it myself now, bugs:

• Camera autofocus doesn't work.
  • WiFi didn't work after first boot, but works now. Still need blade wifi fix tho ie. wifi is dead after sleep.

Plus sides:

• Finally normal soundlevel.
    • screen off animation is pretty³
    • overall theme looks good
Edited by jurrasstoil

Guest burstlam
hi,

everthing works fine with 128mb partion. but i made an ext 256 mb partition on sd card for a2sd+. have only 300mb for apps like before. does not work?

default use app2fat only.

EXT2/3 need Darktremor App2sd patch.

Guest skymera
1. no problems with wi-fi

2. mobile data works here

3. thanks for the tip with screen on / off animations broken by spare parts, put them back to normal and the animations work again

4. disable wallpaper hack in ADW

I think I don't have to point out that "boo"-ing is very inappropriate at this point. This is still a very early release and it's incredibly good, using it as my main ROM. If you think you are better why don't you do it yourself, instead of moaning?

It fits perfectly on 128MB partitions (TPT) with gapps installed too.

This isnt a general boo or bad spirit.

I think it's bad practice for Cyanogen to release clearly immature software brandishing a Release Candidate tag.

I still expected bugs as it's not stable, but not on this magnitude. It should still be a beta not RC.

Also about the partitions I never said it didn't fit. I had problems with WiFi and Data when flashing Gapps before a boots. Perhaps it was just a coincidence.

Strangely enough, the default Gingerbread launcher works flawlessly with static wall and live wall, even the app drawer is like butter??

Currently using LPP with live wall and it's still kinda choppy in app drawer.

Guest dadashi

I just tried this rom and I couldn't sign into my google account.

I gave my email and password, then it asked me for a domain name, password and server name. I tried to put some details in but it wouldn't work...

Why no simple gmail and password to enter an account?

Working great for me, no real problems so far, using the default gingerbread launcher makes it nice and smooth.

Only bad thing I notice is that the camera seems even lower quality and it has no auto focus.

Guest Rotmann
hi,

everthing works fine with 128mb partion. but i made an ext 256 mb partition on sd card for a2sd+. have only 300mb for apps like before. does not work?

make an ext3 partition and use s2e from the market, it's a special a2sd for CM7, works perfect! You can move from the app cache on the card too.

I gave my email and password, then it asked me for a domain name, password and server name. I tried to put some details in but it wouldn't work...

Install gapps (google apps). Cyanogen is not allowed by google to distribute ROMs with google apps, but with them as a separate package.

Guest realkeule
default use app2fat only.

EXT2/3 need Darktremor App2sd patch.

ty 4 fast answer. // sry offtopic: how to repartition to 0 mb ext? there is only an option for 128mbmb 0mb swap.

Guest arvimartin
My terminal just rebooted all of the sudden, while recharging its battery. It's not the first case... maybe it shoudl be posted on the bug tracker.

Happened here too while charging through usb. Phone wasnt in use and the screen was off.

Guest Drakedian

I just made a phone call and my screen does not wake up, i had to remove battery, and reboot my phone.

Btw, my light sensor dont seem to work :/ But proximity is working.

Is anyone experienced such problem with this rom ?

I just made a phone call and my screen does not wake up, i had to remove battery, and reboot my phone.

Btw, my light sensor dont seem to work :/ But proximity is working.

Is anyone experienced such problem with this rom ?

19 pages, about 3 posts per page on this same problem.

Guest Chris_M

You made the same noob mistake as me.

Google Apps isn't included by default, so you can't log into your google account. If you go to "Accounts" and try to add an account, it will try to add an MS Exchange account (hence asking you for domain name etc).

To fix it, you need to install the Google Apps addon package. All explained here:

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/15844-c...00-rc1-2152011/

Guest jurrasstoil
Does anyone know why the Gingerbread launcher is so insanely faster than ADW, ADW Ex or LPP on this ROM?

which one are you guys using btw? there are like 3 or 4 free gingerbread launchers in the market. I tried Paul's and it wasn't any faster than LPP or ADW.

Edited by jurrasstoil

Guest Blues003
which one are you guys using btw? there are like 3 or 4 free gingerbread launchers in the market. I tried Paul's and it wasn't any faster than LPP or ADW.

I tried Paul's and it is way faster... specially on the App Drawer. It's pretty choppy on all the others.

EDIT: For fairness, I took out the 4D effect of both ADW Ex and LPP (since the Gingerbread Launcher does not use that effect). The App Drawer became significantly faster.

I guess that means the ROM also needs some tweaking in that regard. The App Drawer 4D effect was just fine on 2.2 ROMs like Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 or Fibblesan's r8a.

Edited by Blues003