[ROM] CyanogenMod-7 for ZTE Blade/San Francisco :: V7.0.0-RC1 (02/16/2011)

Guest HCDR.Jacob

How come nobody ever mentions using the power button to end calls?

That's an option that's been in every rom I've seen albeit hidden

it's in Accessibility - if you go in there and press cancel then you see a box to tick that says "Power button ends call"

It works great on every rom

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest targetbsp

It may end the call but does it bring the screen back up? Not tried. Even if it does - it doesn't make my answer phone work :D I'd then just have the choice of hanging up or listening to options I can't press. You're also stuck I guess if the other person hangs up first.

Also, thanks for the ADW Ex suggestion! This thing is in IPhone territory of smoothness now. And I love that I can replace my app organiser with categories and shortcuts. :D

Incidentally, Just Shake is responsible for 3 and a half hours partial wake since last night! Before anyone gets any bad impressions of the roms battery usage - it's probably not the roms fault.

Edited by targetbsp

this thread is a mess, all the same, but i read it all.

One "Feature not working" for me is long press volume rocker to skip music track

Is it just me? Haven't read anything here, don't know what log i should get here - because nothing happens

It's verry minor, but evrything else is mentioned here a 1000 times, and is in the bug tracker

Guest eucurto
How come nobody ever mentions using the power button to end calls?

That's an option that's been in every rom I've seen albeit hidden

it's in Accessibility - if you go in there and press cancel then you see a box to tick that says "Power button ends call"

It works great on every rom

Thank you for this tip!

Guest Rotmann
Anybody know if the proximity senser issue during calls is fixed coz its crazy having to keep pulling the battery after every call also i ripped out the adw and put the stock launcher from r12 in before i flashed worked great lol adw sucks

Really great rom. It's beautiful to use.

The screen issue in calls makes it impractical for everyday use, though. So - reluctantly - I'm going back to my 2.2 rom.

Once the screen issue's fixed I'll def be using this.

Good work to all involved in getting this out!

It may end the call but does it bring the screen back up? Not tried. Even if it does - it doesn't make my answer phone work :D I'd then just have the choice of hanging up or listening to options I can't press. You're also stuck I guess if the other person hangs up first.

Why don't people look here in the respective issue (there are some fixes or workarounds there) or search the topic instead of moaning? There is a workaround for the blank screen that has been posted a lot of times. But here you go:

Best fix untill now, thanks to feckineejit@MoDaCo:

Just downloaded "just shake free"

-ticked just shake enabled.

-unticked "Notification Bar Icon"

-ticked "Enable when screen is off"

-and set "shake sensitivity" to 14%

-and as soon as i take the phone from my ear the screen comes back on

Edited by Rotmann

Guest targetbsp

Umm... thanks but I am using said workaround. In fact if you spent some time looking closer at *my* post instead of accusing me of not reading posts then you'd see me comment on its battery usage which somewhat implies I'm aware of the solution. :D

I was replying as to the feasibility of an alternate suggestion for ending a call.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest themighysquitt
Why don't people look here in the respective issue (there are some fixes or workarounds there) or search the topic instead of moaning? There is a workaround for the blank screen that has been posted a lot of times. But here you go:

I've tried 'shake it free' & it works, thanx :D

BTW I've no problems with the camera & I find the wi-fi doesn't disappear when phone sleeps!!

Guest Totyasrác

Should I raise an issue about USB connection is not triggering the SD mount?

(Last night when I switched Debugging off it worked but today it just doesn't, can't copy anything from/to SD ATM :D )

Guest targetbsp

It works for me? Both via the status bar notification and widgetsoids mount usb storage icon.

My USB debugging is ticked in settings but there's no notification to that affect. I thought there used to be in Froyo?

Edited by targetbsp

Guest leetron1

Noticed a bug in the theme chooser: Sorry, this theme is missing assets for your device's screen size..although it allows install anyway..

Further to this though is what might be a related bug...certain apps only display in top part of the screen leaving a blank band at the screen bottom...see pics..

Adfree is installed so you can see a circular indicator where ads would be blocked but then there's a blank space beneath that...any thoughts?

post-769028-1298025732_thumb.png

post-769028-1298026594_thumb.png

Edited by leetron1

Guest targetbsp

Titanium Backup is fine on the theme I'm using so I guess it is because you are using a theme that doesn't support the phones resolution. I'm not sure that's a bug? It tells you it's not going to work and then gives you the choice. I'd say that's ideal behaviour - a warning it's going to turn out badly but lets you do it anyway if you need to.

On a similar topic, with the theme I'm using, autostarts doesn't work properly. It only shows a few things. So if you use autostarts and it does that, you can just switch back to stock theme, make your changes and then back to your chosen theme.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest skymera
this thread is a mess, all the same, but i read it all.

One "Feature not working" for me is long press volume rocker to skip music track

Is it just me? Haven't read anything here, don't know what log i should get here - because nothing happens

It's verry minor, but evrything else is mentioned here a 1000 times, and is in the bug tracker

I found out yesterday whilst at work.

Long press volume doesn't work.

Headset buttons don't work either. =\

Guest leetron1
Titanium Backup is fine on the theme I'm using so I guess it is because you are using a theme that doesn't support the phones resolution. I'm not sure that's a bug? It tells you it's not going to work and then gives you the choice. I'd say that's ideal behaviour - a warning it's going to turn out badly but lets you do it anyway if you need to.

On a similar topic, with the theme I'm using, autostarts doesn't work properly. It only shows a few things. So if you use autostarts and it does that, you can just switch back to stock theme, make your changes and then back to your chosen theme.

I'm using the default System theme so if all is working as it should then there should be no blanking

EDIT Sorry..feel a fool..had altered screen density in build.prop..this was the cause, of course...panic over :D

Edited by leetron1

Guest targetbsp

Oh sorry. :D I thought you meant you'd applied the theme that was the wrong size. :D That did then seem odd to complain about it being the wrong size lol.

OK... like I say my titanium is fine. What tv guide are you using? I'll give it a try.

Guest leetron1
Oh sorry. :D I thought you meant you'd applied the theme that was the wrong size. :D That did then seem odd to complain about it being the wrong size lol.

OK... like I say my titanium is fine. What tv guide are you using? I'll give it a try.

Thanks my friend..look at the above post...what a fool!!!

BTW the app is UK TV Droid..really good, can recommend it>>

Guest reluctant_traveller
Noticed a bug in the theme chooser: Sorry, this theme is missing assets for your device's screen size..although it allows install anyway..

Further to this though is what might be a related bug...certain apps only display in top part of the screen leaving a blank band at the screen bottom...see pics..

Adfree is installed so you can see a circular indicator where ads would be blocked but then there's a blank space beneath that...any thoughts?

Thanks to your rbug that you have now resolved, I also discovered UK TV Droid. Nice find :D

Guest leetron1

For all those wanting A2SD using ext partition on SD, can use Darktremor zip:

I did install a modded version supposedly tailored for CM7.

Also the knowledgeable dude over at XDA recommends installing with a clockwork rec ver 2.x.x.x

New clockwork ver 3.0.0.6 may work ok, though>>

Edited by leetron1

Is hardware acceleration enabled on this rom? I'm asking because I found that disabling it in froyo roms actually made launcher pro smoother for me

There is no line in build.prop just like stagefright so I assume its turned on

Guest DonJamal
Is hardware acceleration enabled on this rom? I'm asking because I found that disabling it in froyo roms actually made launcher pro smoother for me

There is no line in build.prop just like stagefright so I assume its turned on

its interesting 4 me too

For all those wanting A2SD using ext partition on SD, can use Darktremor zip:

I did install a modded version supposedly tailored for CM7.

Also the knowledgeable dude over at XDA recommends installing with a clockwork rec ver 2.x.x.x

New clockwork ver 3.0.0.6 may work ok, though>>

Working ok for me with clockwork 3.0.0.5 and latest Darktremors stable