[ROM] CyanogenMod-7 for ZTE Blade/San Francisco :: V7.0.0-RC1 (02/16/2011)

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Guest Xenon0816
camcorder doesnt work.

Rly? For me it is working... (I switch to camcorder inside the camera app)

Just recorded a little video...

Now I'm really off to bed :D

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, fair enough, that was just a moment of excitement :D haha

It is very good though compared to others.

For a RC it's really pretty good. Well, at least to us, ORD (Obsessive-ROM Updating Disorder) patients...

And i'm confident that pretty soon it will fit as a daily ROM.

Well, the steering wheel doesn't turn left. other than that it's a perfect car!

:D

don't think it qualifies as an everyday rom just yet - solely because of that proximity sensor problem.

Can anyone explain what this proximity sensor problem is before I flash the ROM? Thanks.

Guest SWOriginal
Rly? For me it is working... (I switch to camcorder inside the camera app)

Just recorded a little video...

Now I'm really off to bed :D

Someone testing the camera can you confirm if auto focus works?

Guest jurrasstoil
Can anyone explain what this proximity sensor problem is before I flash the ROM? Thanks.

phone call, you answer, put phone to your head, a sensor notices that "Head close to phone" so it disables the screen (makes sense ofc), but it doesn't turn the screen back on after the call.

Guest paino12

i keep getting this message "The application android keyboard (process com.android.inputmethod.latin) has stoped unexpectedly. please try again"

how can i fix this?

phone call, you answer, put phone to your head, a sensor notices that "Head close to phone" so it disables the screen (makes sense ofc), but it doesn't turn the screen back on after the call.

i had that problem when i did my 2nd ROM change.. (HH to FF) you've tried recalibrating sensors with the secret dialler code yes? not sure if those even work with CM...

Edited by Smiff2

Guest Blues003

I tested the proximity sensor issue, and the screen came on right after the call. No trouble here.

I was the one receiving the call, and it lasted 5 seconds.

Guest mELIANTE
I tested the proximity sensor issue, and the screen came on right after the call. No trouble here.

I was the one receiving the call, and it lasted 5 seconds.

Apparently the problem only shows itself in a long call, 3min+.

Guest Blues003
Apparently the problem only shows itself in a long call, 3min+.

I see. No problem for me then, I rarely make long calls.

Also, Angry Birds still crashes if not on the phone memory.

Guest sanfran1

Can't get mobile internet working, selected the o2 APN from the list but still nothing...i think i might go back to jellyfish until the fully stable version is out

Guest WillDroid

All these comments make it sound like a really poor rom, when there's only 2 problems that I know of so far - the apps on SD issue, and the call thing! For anyone wishing to flash, remember that you can call, just be brief! :D

camcorder doesnt work.

Camcorder works fine for me. But the camera is only black and white, whilest sepia works fine. Odd.

Edit: Ok, found the solution: just installed camera.apk from here

Edited by bhf

This should help a few: USB storage (whatever you call it) works fine, I believe (but not yet sure) that it's the default launcher.

I can't recall how I fixed this but I'm just saying it works.

Could people test the NON-working apps on an alternative launcher.

works fine, barcode scanner also, but still it's just black&white (or monochromatic).

Not working here, I wonder why.

Edited by Ciels

Guest robot1000

I've just installed this ROM, but I'm unable to install 'Theft Aware'. It doesn't seem to be able to connect to the internet. The message that appears is 'Could not connect to the internet'

Guest squidlr

Unable to mount SD card so I can browse it on my Mac desktop - via through the usual notification options, although I can browse the sd card via the phone file manager - [update] - it started working after I unplugged and replugged the USB cable.

Camera Auto focus also not working.

Everything else seems pretty good!

Edited by squidlr

Sorry, I was not trying to have a go at you, I was posting to try and find out who had determined it was broken, and the idea being to fix it..

however its looking like TomG's build is going to be the defacto standard now (included in rom manager) so probably not much point .

FWIW, your's worked when I flashed CM to give it a test drive.

Great news....

BTW, can someone tell how the battery life is going? is it still bad, as earlier, or a bit stable? Its the deal breaker for me to switch to cyanogenmod.

PS: I am using JJ7 right now, and the battery life is real good with 2g data on all day, its lasting for 2 days (~40+ hours)