[ROM] CyanogenMod-7 for ZTE Blade/San Francisco :: V7.0.0-RC1 (02/16/2011)

Guest HCDR.Jacob

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bugeyes
^+1, Once i can make calls without issues, i'd move to this in a heart-beat

totally agree, i'm gonna back up my phone and back to froyo till this is sorted.......excellent rom when this is fixed tho!!

Guest paskaapaskaa

Saunalahti user here. Any idea if i need the saunalahti_ril fix with this rom too. with JJ and other roms its necessary, otherwise it shows that the phone is roaming. Or if saunalahti_ril can even be installed to this.

ARGHHHH

I have Clockwork v3.0.0.5 installed have done for a while and it works perfectly

Wiped data/factory reset

Wiped cache partition

installed the update and it fails every time

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "blade"  II getprop("ro.product.device") == "blade"  II getprop("ro.product.device") == "blade"

E:Error in /sdcard/update-cm-7.0.0-RC1-Blade-signed.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted

Any ideas?

Saunalahti user here. Any idea if i need the saunalahti_ril fix with this rom too. with JJ and other roms its necessary, otherwise it shows that the phone is roaming. Or if saunalahti_ril can even be installed to this.

Actually, it kinda has saunalahti ril's by default, thats how "the ril problem" got fix'd :D

Guest rayraven
ARGHHHH

I have Clockwork v3.0.0.5 installed have done for a while and it works perfectly

Wiped data/factory reset

Wiped cache partition

installed the update and it fails every time

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "blade"  II getprop("ro.product.device") == "blade"  II getprop("ro.product.device") == "blade"

(Status 7)

Installation aborted

Any ideas?

Use Tom's modified ClockworkMod:

http://www.flibblesan.co.uk/android/froyo/...0.0.5-blade.img

Guest paskaapaskaa
Actually, it kinda has saunalahti ril's by default, thats how "the ril problem" got fix'd :D

Thats nice. Already tried to install but had same problem the guy above had. I mean this:

(Status 7)
Installation aborted
[/codebox]

Edit : And oh seems like rayraven posted a possible fix. BTW whats different with the toms version and the orginal 3.0.0.5, and i wonder if i can install it by the clockworks update method ?

Edited by paskaapaskaa

Guest Blues003

Okay, so here are my reports so far:

- Apps such as Angry Birds had to be moved into the phone in order to be usable. Once they were, they were VERY fast. (fluid on advanced levels)

- USB connectivity was not working yesterday, but is working today without any issues at all. I did not mess with any definitions.

- Camera (3.2 MP) works for photography and video. I do not have the Black & White issue. However, I am not able to auto-focus. Thus, Barcode Scanner does not work perfectly.

- Proximity issue: inexistent for short calls. After long calls, it does exist. 15 seconds after the call ended, the screen came back on. Perfectly usable, IMO.

- Battery life seems very nice. I kept Wi Fi on during all night (around 7 hours) because SMSs were restoring, and it's still at half.

- Wi Fi, 3G, SMS, MMS, etcetra, all work splendid.

Does anyone know how I can switch to ADW EX (I bought it beforeh and) while keeping the settings from ADW?

(Also, flashed with 3.0.0.5 ClockworkMod)

Edited by Blues003

WiFi does not start...

adb logcat:

D/WifiService(  188): ACTION_BATTERY_CHANGED pluggedType: 2

D/WifiService(  188): acquireWifiLockLocked: WifiLock{NetworkLocationProvider type=2 binder=android.os.BinderProxy@409a6da8}

D/SettingsAppWidgetProvider(  701): Widget is from a previous version... Let's update

D/SettingsAppWidgetProvider(  701): No instances yet... Wait for at least one instance to exist before adding global settings

E/wpa_supplicant( 2196): Failed to initialize control interface 'DIR=/data/system/wpa_supplicant GROUP=wifi'.

E/wpa_supplicant( 2196): You may have another wpa_supplicant process already running or the file was

E/wpa_supplicant( 2196): left by an unclean termination of wpa_supplicant in which case you will need

E/wpa_supplicant( 2196): to manually remove this file before starting wpa_supplicant again.

I/wpa_supplicant( 2196): CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=-1 state=0

I/ActivityManager(  188): Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cmp=com.android.settings/.wifi.WifiSettings } from pid 701

D/WifiStateTracker(  188): Reset connections and stopping DHCP

D/WifiService(  188): releaseWifiLockLocked: WifiLock{NetworkLocationProvider type=2 binder=android.os.BinderProxy@409a6da8}

D/WifiStateTracker(  188): Disabling interface

I/ActivityManager(  188): Displayed com.android.settings/.wifi.WifiSettings: +9s915ms

E/WifiHW  (  188): Supplicant not running, cannot connect

D/dalvikvm(  872): GC_EXPLICIT freed 44K, 58% free 3372K/8007K, external 6380K/7967K, paused 66ms

D/dalvikvm(  701): GC_CONCURRENT freed 157K, 50% free 3033K/6023K, external 1799K/1904K, paused 4ms+7ms

V/WifiStateTracker(  188): Supplicant died unexpectedly

D/SettingsAppWidgetProvider(  701): Widget is from a previous version... Let's update

D/SettingsAppWidgetProvider(  701): No instances yet... Wait for at least one instance to exist before adding global settings

E/Tethering(  188): attempting to remove unknown iface (wlan0), ignoring

D/libloc  (  188): Inject coarse position Lat=54.182401, Lon=37.608969, Acc=938.00

E/libloc  (  188): loc_eng_inject_injection failed.

W/KeyCharacterMap(  701): Can't open keycharmap file

W/KeyCharacterMap(  701): Error loading keycharmap file '/system/usr/keychars/blade_keypad.kcm.bin'. hw.keyboards.196609.devname='blade_keypad'

W/KeyCharacterMap(  701): Using default keymap: /system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin

D/Tethering(  188): wlan0 is not a tetherable iface, ignoring

D/WifiService(  188): ACTION_BATTERY_CHANGED pluggedType: 2

D/WifiService(  188): acquireWifiLockLocked: WifiLock{NetworkLocationProvider type=2 binder=android.os.BinderProxy@409a6da8}

E/wpa_supplicant( 2222): Failed to initialize control interface 'DIR=/data/system/wpa_supplicant GROUP=wifi'.

E/wpa_supplicant( 2222): You may have another wpa_supplicant process already running or the file was

E/wpa_supplicant( 2222): left by an unclean termination of wpa_supplicant in which case you will need

E/wpa_supplicant( 2222): to manually remove this file before starting wpa_supplicant again.

I/wpa_supplicant( 2222): CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=-1 state=0

D/WifiService(  188): releaseWifiLockLocked: WifiLock{NetworkLocationProvider type=2 binder=android.os.BinderProxy@409a6da8}

V/WifiStateTracker(  188): Supplicant died unexpectedly

E/Tethering(  188): attempting to remove unknown iface (wlan0), ignoring

Edit : And oh seems like rayraven posted a possible fix. BTW whats different with the toms version and the orginal 3.0.0.5, and i wonder if i can install it by the clockworks update method ?

Sebastian has fixed the assert issues in his recovery (but you haven't updated), but for some unknown reason Sebastian's doesn't format /system when using the newer install scripts (may be fixed now, I haven't checked for a while).

why they release an rc if that proximity bug is alwasy there...its unusable

RC=Release Candidate.

Its not finished. It has known bugs. If you want something fully working wait for the final release. This is mostly working and released for users that are willing to test and report problems. More RC releases will follow as bugs are fixed.

Guest DonJamal
RC=Release Candidate.

Its not finished. It has known bugs. If you want something fully working wait for the final release. This is mostly working and released for users that are willing to test and report problems. More RC releases will follow as bugs are fixed.

i know what is rc...but i guess its a big bug to call this rc..

RC=Release Candidate.

Exactly, this is still work in progress,and some people seem so ungrateful for the hard work that's gone into this.

Its free guys,download it,report issues,be happy,we got cyanogen on blade at end of the day what more you want?

Good work Tom,and all those who contributed to this

:D

Guest jekin77

- gps icon does not disappear after switching off the gps

- buggy working proximity sensor (after call 1-3min+ can not activate the screen, helps only connection to the power - then phone activated byself)

- does not work auth. brightness

- secret codes not working

Edited by jekin77

Guest paskaapaskaa
Sebastian has fixed the assert issues in his recovery (but you haven't updated), but for some unknown reason Sebastian's doesn't format /system when using the newer install scripts (may be fixed now, I haven't checked for a while).

Thanks, that did it. Installed the new version of 3.0.0.5 from Seb (damn it boots fast) . I was bit confused as the version number is same. Thought I had the newest version when i didnt.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
i know what is rc...but i guess its a big bug to call this rc..

I think it's because CM7 itself is at RC, as in, the components in general for all devices. I'd definitely call our release Alpha, really. Big showstopping bugs, and it isn't feature complete (Ahem Cpu settings, proximity settings etc.)

But yes, the biggest, hugest problem is Battery life. Over night, it went from 93% to 83% overnight, with no input (battery monitor shows it woke up at about 2 in the morning, and stayed awake since, with the screen off. And then, with the screen off, put it in my pocket and ran for the bus, in about those 5 mins it droppped another 10%. It seems the sensors go into overtime when the screen is off. So hard to manage, and I don't know if it's gonna manage it through the day.