Official UK 2.1 version back online!

Guest Nielzs

Using the updated 2.1 all day. It's stable and very smooth. SMS app seems to stay in memory no mater what (you can end it tho).

Neocore result is 26.1 with sound off (same as CM6)

Quadrant result is 234 (CM6 quadrant score is 450)

Guest laznjak

I'm using CyanogenMod right now. I have apps on my SD and few of them on internal storage (can't copy to SD). So, i'm new in this and i wonder is this 2.1 version good and can i install apps on SD and is there enough memory on the phone for the apps.

You know, i'm interested in the usual stuff. Can you root the phone in v2.1 etc etc... :huh:

Guest de_shepherd

Also, whats the RAM situation with this version ... can you do things like start to play music in an app (music player, spotify etc) then open the browser and start browsing without the music app be killed to free RAM for the browser? Until swap was added to FLB this never worked for me.

I assume in due course T-mob will release the source for this version ... is there anyone around who'll use this to generate a custom ROM now? (Last time it took less than one day for the kernel with swap to appear!)

Guest cyberbeastie

Tried the update on my Pulse , seemed to go O.K. , but when the phone restarted I found that the home screen was completely blank and the function of the icons in the bar at the bottom of the screen (interface switching butons) had been scrambled.

To fix the problem I had to roll the phone back to android 1.5 using the december 2009 update , then applied the new android 2.1 update.

Looks like the phone is not happy going from the buggy 2.1 to the new 2.1 firmware. :huh:

Guest batch_2001

i had the same issue as cyberbeastie (2.1 old -> 2.1 new). But I resolved it by performing a reset to defaults (so I upgraded to new 2.1, saw the issues, then went to settings->privacy->factory reset). All was well after.

Guest BarrySamuels

Yesterday I updated the operating system on my Pulse from the 1.5 December update using the current 2.1 update and it has been unreliable since (spontaneous reboots).

I understood that when performing such an upgrade it wipes the phone but it didn't in my case. The upgrade finished with a screen showing a large green tick and the message 'Upgrade completed'. The upgrade had obviously been applied as there were a number of significant changes but the applications that I had previously installed were still there as was my data such as Contacts, Call Log etc.

Because the phone was unstable I decided to do a Factory Reset which, on the first try, didn't do anything but on the second try I did see some 'Formatting' messages when it restarted. After that it had, of course, wiped the phone but the strange thing is that there was a little more free space ( 64 MB) than I'd had with 1.5 (61 MB) and I understood the new update left less space not more.

I have since tried updating another two times (that's three times in all) and each time any installed applications and data were preserved.

Does this sound like a successful update?

Guest Fulcrum_X

Hmm I'm wondering what the real differences are between the new UK rom and the DE 2.1. Anybody tried both out?

After having troubles with receiving text messages with CM6 AIO v6 I decided to go back to 2.1. This time the German update. For now it runs actually pretty well, I looks like it's quite fast, without stuttering and lag most of the times. Ofcourse I miss certain things from Froyo, but I'm quite happy with the speed. I just hope I receive all text messages now.

I have since tried updating another two times (that's three times in all) and each time any installed applications and data were preserved.

Does this sound like a successful update?

The installed applications stay intact because the file "userdata.hwcfg" is not present in the dload folder. in all the other updates from huawei, this file was present and made sure that the data partition was formatted during the upgrade and therefore deleting all your apps.

Guest BarrySamuels
The installed applications stay intact because the file "userdata.hwcfg" is not present in the dload folder. in all the other updates from huawei, this file was present and made sure that the data partition was formatted during the upgrade and therefore deleting all your apps.

So that would imply that the upgrade was successful and that the original partitions were also preserved i.e. sizes are unchanged. Interesting.

I wonder why my Pulse seems now to be so unstable. The longest I've had it running is about two hours and then it reboots. It does seem to run without problems if it's on but not being used. It was trouble free under the original December update of 1.5.

It has just occurred to me that if the partition sizes haven't changed then I should be able to go back to the December update of 1.5. Is there anything wrong with that idea?

Edited by BarrySamuels

Guest iKrautDroid

i cant install the de update! When install with power+end button+volume up the install finishes but when i try to boot i cant get past the android screen.

Hi,

could someone help me, please. I'd like to go to new UK 2.1. from latest Tom G's ( http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...ion-with-fixes/ . When I try to update my Pulse I got error message "Update faild". I tried to search thrue forum but I couldn't find anywhere same problem. I tried to turn my Pulse with Volume up key and Red one pressed.

If anyone knows how to go back to the offical version it would help me alot.

Thanks up front

Guest sporting_exodus
Hi,

could someone help me, please. I'd like to go to new UK 2.1. from latest Tom G's ( http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...ion-with-fixes/ . When I try to update my Pulse I got error message "Update faild". I tried to search thrue forum but I couldn't find anywhere same problem. I tried to turn my Pulse with Volume up key and Red one pressed.

Thanks up front

As I understand it, you have to 'un-root' your phone and adopt the standard upgrade path. In other words, reset the phone, re-install stock 1.5, and then upgrade to stock 2.1. There are details regarding this process in The Ultimate Guide thread.

One other thing to note: You cannot go from this new stock 2.1 to other 2.1/2.2 ROMS on this forum, you would have to backtrack and install the old 2.1 update.

Guest elphzwolf
Hi,

Thanks up front

You can try wiping data + cache and formatting /system through recovery prior to updating. Hope it helps

Guest mustafa_ale

i used this ROM then flashed with CM61-Pulse0.40-f0.3.2.zip, internal memory appear 101 MB saving 10 MB from the old, but cant write to sd-ext, when i install application its error notification. a2sd not runiing also.

Edited by mustafa_ale

Guest twrock
i used this ROM then flashed with CM61-Pulse0.40-f0.3.2.zip, internal memory appear 101 MB saving 10 MB from the old, but cant write to sd-ext, when i install application its error notification. a2sd not runiing also.

From the first post in the CM61-Pulse0.40-f0.3.2 thread (and the same information has been mentioned just above your post as well):

"You must have updated to the official UK 2.1 rom from back in 2010. (Other official 2.1 roms might work fine, but they might not have the correct partition sizes for this rom, so you are on your own.)"

Guest mustafa_ale
From the first post in the CM61-Pulse0.40-f0.3.2 thread (and the same information has been mentioned just above your post as well):

"You must have updated to the official UK 2.1 rom from back in 2010. (Other official 2.1 roms might work fine, but they might not have the correct partition sizes for this rom, so you are on your own.)"

Tre-sweden and T-mobile hungary running well when flashed with CM61-Pulse0.40-f0.3.2 (ext-sd partition), only this official ROM having problem with the partition. i dont know if to make resize or repartition the SD.

Guest twrock
Tre-sweden and T-mobile hungary running well when flashed with CM61-Pulse0.40-f0.3.2 (ext-sd partition), only this official ROM having problem with the partition. i dont know if to make resize or repartition the SD.

This problem has nothing whatsoever to do with the partitioning of the SD! The SD card and the internal memory are two entirely separate things. This problem has to do with the size of the partitions in the phone's internal memory structure.

If I recall correctly, the size of /system partition (internal memory structure) in the different official 2.1 roms are as follows, from largest to smallest. (This is not all the roms, only the ones I've worked with.):

CHT8000 (Taiwan rom)

Tre

UK from 2010

DE and UK from 2011

So if you do not modify the CM61-Pulse0.40-f0.3.2 rom yourself, it will not fit in the partitions created by the 2011 DE or UK official updates, and bad things will happen when you try to use your phone.

And I don't understand why people are updating to the latest (2011) UK or DE roms if their goal is the install the CM mods available here. If you want to run those stock roms as they are, sure, that's a great idea. And I can also imagine that someone might want to run CM6.1 and not use DT Apps2SD, thus gaining some significant benefit from the 2011 UK or DE rom partition sizing (i.e smaller /system partition means more space for third-party apps and data). But other than that, if you are intending to use CM6.1 with DT Apps2SD, just update to the 2010 official UK 2.1 first and things much more likely to go well for you.