Vega dock 40 quid???

Guest wobblydoggy

Guest HunteronX
Hello guys, last week was my first week back from annual leave. In my absence, the Vega Dock was setup and priced at £39.99 and as new products are launched on Thursdays, I did not have time to change it before the weekend. I cannot setup a code for this for the community this time around, so I am going to drop the price to the £29.99 I said it would be. It should be live tomorrow, as these things happen overnight. I'm sorry about that breakdown in communication and hopefully you guys can all get a hold of one tomorrow.

Thank you, I really do appreciate this. Everytime there's a problem, you (as in Advent) always seem to correct it.

I'll definitely buy products from you again. And thanks for the great customer service! :D

Guest Pyr0x64
While I appreciate the reduction in price, I still think for £30 you should get a PSU thrown in with the dock. Just my thoughts.

Completely agree, there should be a PSU included with the dock

Guest warriorscot

A PSU would take it from a solid maybe to a definite purchase as it would be nice to have a couple of charging options. I'll probably get one next week will see when I get my replacement vega as at the moment it's still getting replaced under warranty and Im not buying a vega accesory while I don't have a vega.

Guest jamesie

I agree about the need for a charger with the dock, when a charger can be had for a less than £5 on fleabid, dsg should be able to get em for penny's from their suppliers. It would transform the dock into something I'd consider having in a couple of rooms

Guest montage

I worked in a small retail shop once selling mobile phones.. we had 0 buying power and bought mobile phone chargers in at 80p.. so not supplying a charger with the dock is a joke considering the added cost of truly pennies

Guest bohemian100
Looked at PC world today at 8.20 am, already unavailable at £29.99

Has anyone been able to purchase one yet? Showing as not available. They have either sold like hot cakes or not on sale yet

Guest vegaaccs
Has anyone been able to purchase one yet? Showing as not available. They have either sold like hot cakes or not on sale yet

This should be sorted shortly. Human error as per usual. In saying that, there aren't great numbers available.

Guest Dreeder

Seems to be out of stock... Shame i was about to order one at the now acceptable £29.99

Looking forwards to seeing reviews from other members who did manage to grab one before they sold out.

Guest stevesilk51
This should be sorted shortly. Human error as per usual. In saying that, there aren't great numbers available.

@vegaaccs

Doesn't make a lot of sense to completely understock. I accept that they do not wish to lose money on unwanted stock but selling out in an hour or two should ring alarm bells, as it did with the release of the Vega?

Guest Nemes1s

I brought one a few days ago at full price cos the missus insists on a genuine stand :huh:

Had confirmation of shipping today. Perhaps vegaaccs can organise a discount for the £10 extra I paid!!!??? :)

Guest vegaaccs
@vegaaccs

Doesn't make a lot of sense to completely understock. I accept that they do not wish to lose money on unwanted stock but selling out in an hour or two should ring alarm bells, as it did with the release of the Vega?

It hasn't sold out because although the stock is in our warehouse, the online team don't know that it is allocated to them. The people who managed to get one did so because our system will allocate a percentage to online automatically. One of our team need to override this for online products. It will be online soon is the best I can offer.

Guest zzleezz

Well now that the price has been clarified I can now decide if I think I will buy one.

Still no, I was one of the ones that voted no more than £20, I just dont think that this is worth as much as £30. Its not an accessory that I am desperate for, it doesnt add any extra functionality to the vega that I cant put together easily and cheaply for myself.

I have a nice portable stand that is adjustable (essential) which folds up and stores in a sexy little bag, I have USB hubs coming out of my ears, shock horror my vega already has a HDMI output on it. Also the fact it does NOT come with a power supply I think is really poor, that might have swung it, maybe.

Quoted on the pcworld website "Add functionality and convenience to your Advent Tablet with this stylish black Docking Station for Vega Tablet from Advent!"

Sorry, it doesnt add ANY functionality to my vega. It also is far LESS convenient than the stand that I already have (which only cost me £9). Stylish? Its a piece of shiny black plastic, how is it stylish?

Again, sorry DSG, keep your cheap plastic stand, I will stick with my properly stylish stand.

Guest zzleezz
What stand do you already have?

Bought it from Amazon, discussed in the accessories thread here

Direct link to the stand on Amazon here

Oh yeah, its not £9, its £8!! With free delivery too!

Just cant get over the fact that the DSG stand is not adjustable, that makes it pretty useless. The Vega does not have great viewing angles, I dont think that they are as bad as some have reported but they cant be described as good either. Having a dock that does not allow you to adjust the angle just makes no sense, I cant think what I would use this for even if it was only £10. At that price I might just use it as a convenient place to plug my vega in when charging, even then I would have doubts.

Sorry DSG, not for me.

Edited by zzleezz

Just cant get over the fact that the DSG stand is not adjustable, that makes it pretty useless. The Vega does not have great viewing angles, I dont think that they are as bad as some have reported but they cant be described as good either. Having a dock that does not allow you to adjust the angle just makes no sense, I cant think what I would use this for even if it was only £10. At that price I might just use it as a convenient place to plug my vega in when charging, even then I would have doubts.

Sorry DSG, not for me.

I just got that one off of amazon, it looks neat and for 8 quid i hope i can't go wrong... I dont really care about a charger built in... Looks cool, cant wait to recieve it... Not too happy about 30 quid, ill wait to see if it goes down in price... Now all i need is honeycomb!!!!

Guest montage

Sorry DSG, not for me.

That stand looks great and for 8 quid too.. bargain.

Guest 2old2mould

I have to say, just reading through this post, that two things strike me as obvious...

1. That the guys at DSG/Advent are bending over backwards to help a community of loyal supporters for what is essentially a minor niche product. I've never seen this amount of engagement from a large retailer with its customer base and DSG/Advent should be applauded for it's efforts and in turn shown a bit of support (and respect) back.

2. Some people on here just don't get what a dock is or more importantly the value of the dock as a convenience item.

Sure thing, you can get a mix and match £9.99 stand, and a USB hub, but that isnt the point really. The idea is you get a matching dock, set it up somewhere (next to that expensive flat screen maybe?), add all your cables, then leave it be... You come home in the evening, pop the Vega in it's dock and that's it... it's only a few seconds saved but really who can be that ar*ed to attach and detach the cables every time you want to move the damn thing. It's inconvenient.

I'm no Apple fan, but I really do envy and admire the styling of Apple devices and accessories and their simplicity of use, something that unfortunately Android will probably never fully match given the diversity of the various devices running the platform. Apple fans get that... they pay premium price for stuff that is just (and I'll say it again) convenient.

Dont think of the price, think of the value and the fact that your cheap as chips tablet suddenly doesn't look like GCSE Science project with wires dangling everywhere but a proper lifestyle gadget and something your mates will see in your living room (or where ever) and maybe even think is actually cool! :huh:

So, pay around £15 for dangling wires, and the hassle of connecting/reconnecting, then sit back and congratulate yourself on saving £15 and stare at your creation until you actually get sick of the sight of the wretched mutant cousin of Peep Show's Megatron...

or...

Pay £29.99... and enjoy the simplicity and lack of clutter.

One final note from me... why on earth would you want another one of the totally rubbish stock chargers! I wouldn't want another one even if they did give the damn thing away free!

For those serious about getting the most from the device I'd say go and buy a Masterplug MVA 1200. If you have ever felt like hurling the device against a wall while trying to type with the AC plugged in, using the MVA will make the Vega seem like a completely different device altogether... £10 very well spent, especially as it comes with multiple ends so will suit a plethora of other devices. Buy the MVA for use on the move and use the old charger in the dock where it won't affect typing (as presumably you'll be using a KB and Mouse).

2o2m.