Vega dock 40 quid???

Guest wobblydoggy

Guest cjtkd
Hello. Can anyone hear me???

If you go to a store, and show them the online £29.99 price, they have only 2 options in law. Either refuse to sell it to you or sell it at £29.99. I don't think that they will refuse. It is unlawful for them to sell it at £39.99 unless they correct the price shown in the ad.

[/quote

my store doesnt stock them and to be honest the service is so bad anyway they would probably just tell me to go awat

lol is that last word an anogram or a typo?

Guest bennji_boy
Mine is set to run as a photo frame when not in use.

I REALLY like this idea, in fact I'm going to get one for this reason alone.

Edited by bennji_boy

Guest Infnordz
All be it dsg's goal to make a tidy profit.. I doubt anybody could moan about this.

My issue is getting some cheap advice portraying as an all caring dsg rep.. what do you think poll etc and the offering a big slap after.

But lets face it their screen protector at 12.99 is also a joke

The screen saver is an expensive joke I couldn't get rid of air bubbles under it, so discarded it; The Dixons Group should be ashamed of selling this expensive scrap!

Don't even get me started on their frankly obscene £60 price for a 16GB micro-SDHC Class 4 card; I got one for £16 + trivial P&P, from Jersey, via Amazon.co.uk.

Edited by Infnordz

Guest Infnordz
Good tip 2o2m, Thanks.

Quick review of the Advent dock.

Mine arrived today and just put it to use...

Dock works very well and has a neat surprise. The vega has a proximity sensor in the bottom edge in the middle. A small blue led lights up on the bottom front edge on the Vega when you're about a cm away from the dock and lined up. As you then dock the blue light transfers to the indicator right beneth it on the dock. Very cool indeed. Wont get that on your £10 stand :D makes it nice and simple to line up!

Angle is good for general viewing. Mine is set to run as a photo frame when not in use. Works very well. As a stand it is very stable too. Build quality and finish is very good.

USB sockets work fine. Haven't tested the hdmi yet as I need a cable!

No manual not that you really need one anyway.

All in all I would say this is definately worth the money. The proximity sensor was a suprise too! Love it :( very pleased with it.

Got mine too this week (ordered via the internet, £29.99 with free delivery) and yes it is a useful nice stand, however the non removable back stops it from being used with the portfolio stand case (which has a cutout for the stand connector) and the stand makes the touch screen slightly less usable than using portfolio stand case.

It would also be helpful if the stand power light could be switched off, because it does glare blue; this too bright power light seems to be a common design flaw fashion with many powered small peripherals.

Edited by Infnordz

Guest yabbas

Got the stand a few days back.

It's a little disappointing, some Android apps force you to run in Portrait mode (not the stand's fault, but its fixed Landscape so limits your options.)

The stand does not work with the Vega folio case, despite there being a hole for the port. This was quite frustrating for me, since I never wanted to pull it out of the case!

It isn't adjustable, so deal with the angle of the screen as it is.

USB devices are powered only when the Vega is inserted into the stand (bit of a shame as I like to charge my phone from spare ports).

A separate power adapter isn't provided! You've got to use your Vega supply with it...which means:

The switching power supply issue isn't fixed with the stock charger, so touchscreen responses are still terrible with the stock PSU.

It isn't worth £30, but then the Folio case isn't worth that either, it would have been worth that if you get a charger with it. What a shame.

Possibly to do with Fuji mod:

I don't get a mouse cursor with the USB mouse.

The device restarts when I take it off the stand.

Haven't got access to FAT32 partitions from a hard disk/mem card plugged into the USB ports.

On the plus side, it is solid and heavy.

The ports are USB Host.

You can organise your Vega nicely on the desktop without a huge mesh of wires everywhere; mine's plugged into a HDMI monitor, a set of X-Mini 2 speakers, a USB modem and a mouse/keyboard.