PocketDivx

Guest fcm

Guest MrSpoons

don't know if I'm doing anything wrong but I can't get a picture out of this. It runs ok, picks up my converted Divx file (using 5.02 and virtualdub as in the instructions) then the screen goes white or black and I can hear the sound but I get no picture

any ideas?

don't know if I'm doing anything wrong but I can't get a picture out of this. It runs ok, picks up my converted Divx file (using 5.02 and virtualdub as in the instructions) then the screen goes white or black and I can hear the sound but I get no picture

any ideas?

I am getting the same problem even though I have swapped back from 5.03 to 5.02. I am going to look into this today, but I suspect it is to do with the codecs and filters I have loaded. Any ideas welcome.

Is there any chance of support for Divx 5.03?

Guest stu_lowe2003

if you are just getting a white/black screen then one thing to check is the number of passes you are doing when encoding the file. If it is set to 2 pass, make sure you encode the first pass (in the video ==> compression, options in virtualdub) then change it to do the second. If you only do the first you will get a blank screen and some sound. Test the video on your pc first, if it won't play on that then something is wrong in your encoding settings.

This guide is useful, it is really for the pocketpc version, but some of the stuff is useful for the smartphone version.

http://www.pocketmatrix.com/guides/dvd2div...ivx/#converting

Just make sure to decimate by 2 or 3 when encoding and also change the keyframeinterval setting to 12, seems to help.

OMG this is about 50x better than any windows media s*it just used the decimate by 3, turned the sound bit rate down and it runs PERFECTLY!

Thank you people!

Starwars EP2 never looked so good :)

DJ Hope

I'm also still having problems with getting sound but no picture. The sample I encoded plays fine on the PC but not the phone. When I download the sample someone posted it works fine on both the PC and the phone so it must be something to do with the codec I am using to encode. I have tried Divx 4.12, 5.02 and 5.03 but get the same result.

Anyone got any other ideas I could try.

Guest MrSpoons

finally sorted it out, deleted the registry key (found it by searching on MVP) and reinstalled the software on the phone. Everything I've encoded works fine after that. Top work

Guest casper508
Can anyone help, when i try to open a file (avi) i end up getting  'Error loading file reader'- any help would be greatly appreciated.

Same here. But in my case the phone died after diaplaying the error message and I had to restart. BUT guess what...it did a hard reset on its own. Now i'm going thru the decert procedure again. I hope i get it first time. Wish me luck! :wink:

Cas

Where do you place this program and where do you place the avi files?. I can't find any instructions ( in english ) in fact I cant even find where I downloaded this from. :cry: , well it's been a long day!!

Kevlar

Guest damianlewis

The instructions are on this thread, but here goes again:

Copy all the PocketMPV files to Storage CardProgram FilesPDivx

Create a shortcut to PocketMPV exe and place in IPSMWindowsStart Menu

Rename you movie file to test.avi and copy to Storage Card

Run the player and select File->Open->File(AVI)

The movie plays automatically.

I had the same problem reported above with the phone locking up and rebooting itself. Completely trashed my phone and had to decert, restore, etc.

It appears to happen if you have too much stuff stored on your phone (vs. Storage Card) and not enough memory to run the movie properly. Buyer beware!

Cheers,

Damian

Guest casper508

Same here. But in my case the phone died after diaplaying the error message and I had to restart. BUT guess what...it did a hard reset on its own. Now i'm going thru the decert procedure again. I hope i get it first time. Wish me luck! :wink:

Cas

Second time lucky !

But it works PUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRFECT!

Just one prob now: 128SD is too small for a good quality movie! :)

Cas

Has I said previously in this thread, I'll release the next

version after this weekend.

I'll try to fix some bugs, and add new features (like

a small file explorer, a config dialog, and a seek).

I've never seen the HardReset bug on my SPV (and

honestly, I don't see what's causing this, I hope I'll

find this one quickly...)

malloc

It's looking superb. Especially for an early build. If a future version can manage 22khz audio with 15+fps without dropping frames we'll have something very watchable indeed.

My compliments to the chef.

This is superb! as someone else said it is 50 times better than media player. I have 2 problems with encoding though. I converted a movie which was in widescreen, obviously resizing has made everyone 6 foot 5 and 7 stone!. So how do you crop the fram so the size is correct but you don't lose the aspect ratio?

The other problem is the audio, the settings mentioned in the tutorial are not there for me, I had to select 16khz mono, instead of 11 something. This obviously results in a slightly larger file size. Why haven't I got those settings? I'm using divx 5.02.

cheers

Kevlar

Guest casper508
has anyone encoded at full length movie with virtual dub, how big is it??

Not a whole movie but a 24 min episode of friends took 28 meg. So roughly its a 1.2 meg/min ratio.

Cas

I encoded Bridget Jones's Diary, which is 1 hr 36 mins came out at 92 MB!, it did have the audio set at 16khz though. It's definately worth the extra filesize over wma, it looks superb, none of that juddering every few seconds.

Kevlar