StreakDroid 1.8.1 ( aka Bug Extermination Edition ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest mrmrmrmr
1. Launch ADB and type

adb uninstall launcherpro. Make sure you type in the exact name for launcherPro as you see in applications.

2. Restart your phone

I tried uninstalling without success.

Does "adb uninstall" do anything different than uninstalling from Android "manage applications" setting ?

I don't want to do a factory reset, because everything other than LauncherPro is working.

how else can I delete everything related to Launcher Pro ?

I see a folder under /data/data named com.fede.launcher but it can't be deleted.

any ideas ?

Guest XsCode

you can delete stuff from /data after you do an adb remount I think

I tried uninstalling without success.

Does "adb uninstall" do anything different than uninstalling from Android "manage applications" setting ?

I don't want to do a factory reset, because everything other than LauncherPro is working.

how else can I delete everything related to Launcher Pro ?

I see a folder under /data/data named com.fede.launcher but it can't be deleted.

any ideas ?

Guest mrmrmrmr

I think I've found the problem with my Launcherpro. But I don't know how to solve it. Please help me:

There is a folder named:

/data/data/com.fede.launcher

under this folder there is:

shared_prefs folder

in this folder, there is a file :

com.fede.launcher_preferences.xml

Iam not able to delete or modify this file. in fact it's not being read by the fs.

when I try to delete it through shell, I get :

Input/output error.

How can I fix this ?

Guest Hans A.

Have you tried deleting it from a PC?

I think I've found the problem with my Launcherpro. But I don't know how to solve it. Please help me:

There is a folder named:

/data/data/com.fede.launcher

under this folder there is:

shared_prefs folder

in this folder, there is a file :

com.fede.launcher_preferences.xml

Iam not able to delete or modify this file. in fact it's not being read by the fs.

when I try to delete it through shell, I get :

Input/output error.

How can I fix this ?

Guest User Error
With 1.81 lost numeric battery and now system updates takes me to Dell web page. Any ideas? Thanks.

install gopu's battery themes, you can find a thread about them in this forum. as far as the update goes, ?, just keep an eye out here for updates...

Guest mrmrmrmr
I think my data partition got corrupted.

I will wipe all data and try to install from zero.

I've wiped all data and reinstalled 1.8.1

Then I installed all my apps from zero.Configured all.

Now everything seems to be working but LauncherPro does not keep it's settings.

After ashutdown I lose all LauncherPro settings.

Any idea why does this happen ?

Steve,

Please I need your comments...

Guest Hans A.

Thanks. Worked perfectly with 1.81

install gopu's battery themes, you can find a thread about them in this forum. as far as the update goes, ?, just keep an eye out here for updates...
Edited by Hans A.

Guest Hans A.

LaunchPro has a backup option. Use that to restore your settings until you figure it out.

In streakmod I think there is an option to repair permissions. Try that.

Steve,

Guest mrmrmrmr
LaunchPro has a backup option. Use that to restore your settings until you figure it out.

I know about the backup option.

before wipe of data it was not working. after wipe and fresh install backup works.

where is the option to repair permissions in streakmod ?

btw, I just realized that the locale settings (language etc.) are not kept after a shutdown.

Also, at every entrace to Market app, I get being asked to accept the terms.

weird ?

Guest alexmoi

Great battery life. I use facebook...games...msn and emails and i have 26h and at 30%. I always have my wifi and gps turned on.

As for the FC's and the market problem with the accept or deny every time you open it. I've had those a couple of times. I got tired or it and every update i do now i do it from scratch by going back to official 2.1 after doing a full factory reset. Then installing direct to the latest version. Since then no problems aside from the ad-hoc but that is another story lol

For those saying that earlier versions were better. Well look at the updates made to the latest version on the first page of this blog and only update when the versions are worth it for your needs. Because from the earliest pc's the best way to get the best running Os version was to reinstall a clean one and having to reinstall the apps on every version update can become irritating.

Guest alexmoi
Just cannot imagine that... I mean the Streak with its 5'' screen is certainly the best portable device for AR Drone purpose... Just to find why the streak seems to not like the 192.168.0 network... Guess it could be an issue with routes or something... The logcat does not give more information about the issue, so it would take a bit time to test&try...

Maybe i'm out of the park on this one. but could the (*) be causing it to fail to connect. On the ipod it will connect to the drone no prob but doesn't have the (*) before. Maybe streak is picky and it's causing it to fail. Because on the ipod the settings are:

ip 192.168.1.2

netmask: 255.255.255.0

router: 192.168.1.1

Guest mrmrmrmr

Steve,

fixing permissions with streakmod recovery didn't help.

what could be my problem ?

is it about perfmod ?

if so, how can I go to non-perfmod mode without losing the data partition ?

Edited by mrmrmrmr

Guest fards
fixing permissions with streakmod recovery didn't help.

what could be my problem ?

is it about perfmod ?

if so, how can I go to non-perfmod mode without losing the data partition ?

wipe flash stock rom, reflash 181

you're issues are to do with using perfmod, nothing new at all. reflashing using non perfmod option isn't going to make a difference unless you wipe everything manually, including the .asec .secure and firstboot..

flashing stock is quicker ...

Guest mrmrmrmr
wipe flash stock rom, reflash 181

you're issues are to do with using perfmod, nothing new at all. reflashing using non perfmod option isn't going to make a difference unless you wipe everything manually, including the .asec .secure and firstboot..

flashing stock is quicker ...

Hi Fards,

Thanks for the help.

I don't know how to flash stock rom. Can I do it using an old version of StreakDroid ?

is there an easier way of doing this ?

(Flashing stock rom is frightening me)

Btw, I have a nandroid backup of 1.6.1 , can I restore data partition from that after canceling perfmod ?

Guest fards
Hi Fards,

Thanks for the help.

I don't know how to flash stock rom. Can I do it using an old version of StreakDroid ?

is there an easier way of doing this ?

(Flashing stock rom is frightening me)

Btw, I have a nandroid backup of 1.6.1 , can I restore data partition from that after canceling perfmod ?

you can try restoring all the 161, then reflash 181 over the top (with no perfmod).

to flash a stock, flash a stock recovery, then an update.pkg. You can't flash .pkg files with streakmod/clockworkmod

Guest mrmrmrmr
you can try restoring all the 161, then reflash 181 over the top (with no perfmod).

to flash a stock, flash a stock recovery, then an update.pkg. You can't flash .pkg files with streakmod/clockworkmod

thank you.

I'll try to do it using 1.6.1

Guest fards
thank you.

I'll try to do it using 1.6.1

do the complete nandroid.

DO NOT DO A PARTIAL ONE

Guest mrmrmrmr
do the complete nandroid.

DO NOT DO A PARTIAL ONE

why ?

as you write it in CAPS, I understand that you want to warn me. But what happens if I do partial ?

is there any known problem ?

Guest dickzoe

sorry for my studpid question. I have installed the clockworkmod in my stock 322 Froyo and would like to flash 1.8.1 rom but not success.

Can somebody help and do i miss some steps?

Guest sozofriend1234

Hello All,

Sorry for the question as it might have been asked many times but I am new with this. I've got new streak with GAUSB1A131800-EU. BTW I dont know what that means. Now the device has stock 2.2 and is not under contract. Can anybody suggest, step by step guide would be great, on how to get this 1.8.1 on my phone... I installed ROM Manager and it installed ClockWorkMod Recovery version 2.5.0.7 but every time I use Clockworkmod to install this zip file, it shows signature varification failed and reboots and does nothing. Even when ROM manager tries to install, it doesn't even go in the recovery mode and boots normally.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Hans A.

hmmm. having the same isssue you are having but with chompsms. after powerdown, it loses it's settings.

i'm going to live with backup/restore of the app until the next release of the ROM.

everything else is working and spent too much effort and time getting to this point.

I know about the backup option.

before wipe of data it was not working. after wipe and fresh install backup works.

where is the option to repair permissions in streakmod ?

btw, I just realized that the locale settings (language etc.) are not kept after a shutdown.

Also, at every entrace to Market app, I get being asked to accept the terms.

weird ?

Guest auswims
hmmm. having the same isssue you are having but with chompsms. after powerdown, it loses it's settings.

i'm going to live with backup/restore of the app until the next release of the ROM.

everything else is working and spent too much effort and time getting to this point.

Having similar issue with Android Agenda Widget Plus. Looses settings after a reboot. Have reflashed a couple of times and issue is still there. Not a big deal compared to all of the upside with 1.8.1