StreakDroid 1.8.1 ( aka Bug Extermination Edition ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Hans A.
Having similar issue with Android Agenda Widget Plus. Looses settings after a reboot. Have reflashed a couple of times and issue is still there. Not a big deal compared to all of the upside with 1.8.1

By the way, is it the last thing you installed from the Market before flashing to 1.8.1? Maybe there is a pattern here. For me it might be, thought I'm not sure.

Guest alexmoi
Nop, don't think so... I was able to connect with an iPad, a Moto Milestone and some other devices... All were connecting fine.

Then you should find a way to connect your streak to your iPhone through another ethernet connection (because you need another network than 192.168.1 or the streak won't connect).

So this mean that you must have another wifi card in the iPhone and configure it to act as a router (only a router in my mind will be able to link the Drone network to another one...)

This would be the same with a PC, but probably not impossible...

I've just seen this post : http://www.meavydev.co.uk/ARDrone.html

Perhas that could work, it seems that even with an IP address on 192.168.48.x range, the software can connect to the drone :huh:

Won't have the time till this evening, please post the result if you try.

The weird thing is that if i connect it to my streak and it does the obtaining address loop close it then try connecting with my ipod i have to unpair the drone for it to connect. So in some way or another it is connecting to the drone far enough for the drone to pair with the streak but then gets stuck there.

Guest fards
why ?

as you write it in CAPS, I understand that you want to warn me. But what happens if I do partial ?

is there any known problem ?

because you completely ignored what I told you to do in my response to the post above that one..

if you're going to nandroid do a full nandroid,

you're messing about with different builds and backups from each, that's asking for even more trouble

Edited by fards

Guest popetodd

1.8.1 is working great for me so far, but I have noticed an issue that hasn't been talked about. Perhaps it is just my Streak.

The autobrightness only works if you are in the menu and for a bit after, leave the device off over night and it stops working until you open the menu item up again.

Guest baastien
1.8.1 is working great for me so far, but I have noticed an issue that hasn't been talked about. Perhaps it is just my Streak.

The autobrightness only works if you are in the menu and for a bit after, leave the device off over night and it stops working until you open the menu item up again.

To fix this matter and other switch pro and beautiful widget problems, I did a factory reset in dell's menu in bootload. And then did a nandroid full restore.

Since then it looks to be okay

Guest sozofriend1234
Hello All,

Sorry for the question as it might have been asked many times but I am new with this. I've got new streak with GAUSB1A131800-EU. BTW I dont know what that means. Now the device has stock 2.2 and is not under contract. Can anybody suggest, step by step guide would be great, on how to get this 1.8.1 on my phone... I installed ROM Manager and it installed ClockWorkMod Recovery version 2.5.0.7 but every time I use Clockworkmod to install this zip file, it shows signature varification failed and reboots and does nothing. Even when ROM manager tries to install, it doesn't even go in the recovery mode and boots normally.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Never mind friends. I managed to get 1.8.1 working on my streak. Read some PDF files from internet about the steps and it worked. 1.8.1 works smoothly on my system now...

Guest auswims
By the way, is it the last thing you installed from the Market before flashing to 1.8.1? Maybe there is a pattern here. For me it might be, thought I'm not sure.

I thought about that as I jad recently installed the latest update to the widget. I installed several other updates prior to reflashing. Havereflashed a couple of times since and the agenda widget still looses settings at reboot.

Guest Crinos512

I'm currently running the 1.8.1 with occasional self reboots, and loss of settings from chompsms, and 3gwatchdog (probably others I have yet to notice)... My question to everyone is which StreakDroid ROM is the most stable?

I'm thinking that I need to back away from the bleeding-edge just a bit. :huh:

Guest jonnybruce
I'm currently running the 1.8.1 with occasional self reboots, and loss of settings from chompsms, and 3gwatchdog (probably others I have yet to notice)... My question to everyone is which StreakDroid ROM is the most stable?

1.6.1 is the most stable IMO

Guest alexmoi

Been on a fresh install of 1.8.1 and i say it's the most stable

Guest alert_bri
I'm thinking that I need to back away from the bleeding-edge just a bit. :)

Lol, bleeding edge fatigue... I suspect many of us have been there :huh:

I had a couple of issues with blue tooth pairing to my headphones and the phone locking up mid-call last night on 1.8.1, and my market is still repeatedly asking for first time accept Ts&Cs... Running with perfmod, so maybe that's less stable but I'm not going to do a full reversal to stock plus re-upgrade to 1.8.1 because it's 'good enough' for now... Looking forward to 1.9 and inching towards an even more stable Dell Streak.

Overall, we've never had it so good. I'm also looking forward to the Dell Opus with Honeycomb as my next machine :P

Cheers

Brian

Guest anthscorner
Lol, bleeding edge fatigue... I suspect many of us have been there :huh:

I had a couple of issues with blue tooth pairing to my headphones and the phone locking up mid-call last night on 1.8.1, and my market is still repeatedly asking for first time accept Ts&Cs... Running with perfmod, so maybe that's less stable but I'm not going to do a full reversal to stock plus re-upgrade to 1.8.1 because it's 'good enough' for now... Looking forward to 1.9 and inching towards an even more stable Dell Streak.

Overall, we've never had it so good. I'm also looking forward to the Dell Opus with Honeycomb as my next machine :)

Cheers

Brian

Hi,

Have you tried clearing the cache and data for market, then uninstall updates. (Do in manage applications)

Restart your streak and the market should automatically update.

Hope this helps.

Ta,

Anthony.

Guest alert_bri
Hi,

Have you tried clearing the cache and data for market, then uninstall updates. (Do in manage applications)

Restart your streak and the market should automatically update.

Hope this helps.

Ta,

Anthony.

Thanks Anthony, I've already tried that... When the market has run once, it seems to stay active, and only asks for Ts&Cs accept on every new power up. Since I do that fairly regularly to keep things stable I tend to notice it.

Only a very minor inconvenience really.

Cheers

Brian

Guest BiboTheClown
BTW the fix for wikipedia browsing also seems to fix the 192.168.0.x wifi issue.

Interesting, will try that this evening on the AR Drone

Nop, does not work for the Streak. Will look further this week-end on the modification of adhoc settings in the drone itself to chqnge the IP range.

Edited by BiboTheClown

Guest alert_bri
bleeding edge! wimps..

more like bleeding eyeballs after scouring source code for a few hours :(

You really need to get out more :)

Thanks for maintaining your unhealthy obsession :(

Cheers

Brian

Edited by alert_bri

Guest GenghisKan

Hi. I recently just got my dell streak and I updated to dj steve 1.8.1. but after i did the update, i dont seemed to be able to use my mobile network. can someone explain how to fix it. thx. i have try factory reset and downgrading back to 1.6 but still there is no mbile network. :(. Much apprecated if someone can provide me with a solution. thx.

Guest DelSan
Hi. I recently just got my dell streak and I updated to dj steve 1.8.1. but after i did the update, i dont seemed to be able to use my mobile network. can someone explain how to fix it. thx. i have try factory reset and downgrading back to 1.6 but still there is no mbile network. :(. Much apprecated if someone can provide me with a solution. thx.

http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...settings-froyo/

Assuming your on O2!

Otherwise you need to set up the APN settings for your own network, they are about al over the place :(

Guest Hans A.

well my device has gotten more and more unstable. keyboard no longer displays the alternate language dictionary, even though the language is selected. chompsms doesn't remember settings. market place as well.

i blame it on perfmod. time to start from stock and then to 1.81. sigh. i am really having a hard time understanding how to flash to stock. but i will figure it out. i always do, one way or another.

Guest mrmrmrmr

I have 2 problems with 1.8.1:

1. I can't create any home screen shortcuts from within an application. I can create same homescreen shortcuts directly from the homescreen but not from the application.

2. I lose locale settings that I make with "custom locale" after a reboot.

any workaround for these issues ?

Guest alexmoi
Interesting, will try that this evening on the AR Drone

Nop, does not work for the Streak. Will look further this week-end on the modification of adhoc settings in the drone itself to chqnge the IP range.

Also can confirm it doesn't work with any ad-hoc network. A true tease lol